Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 06:31 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
We are in the last days . This is the time line and all the events that will take place . In 1948 when Israel became a nation the beginning of the last days began. Most of prophesy has been fulfilled already. It also states when World War 111 begins and what takes place.

Prophecy Chart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 06:33 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
That's because the people who put the bible together didn't want to give any specifics. Like Nostradamus and other "prophets", they liked to keep things as vague as possible. That way they can hold the "end of the world" BS over everyone's head in any time period and coerce them into joining their believe system.
And you think I might believe you as opposed to the Bible?

Old 02-23-2012, 06:34 PM

33,553 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The Bible is very clear about the timing of the end times, and it says that no one knows the timing. For hundreds of years people have been saying it is imminent.
No one knows the day or the hour, but we can know when these things happen as the buds on a tree are a sign that spring is near, so shall it be the signs that we watch for will tell us when it is near. When Israel became a nation that generation shall not pass away till these thing shall be.

Is This the last generation, Is this final generation Bible prophecy, final generation bible prophecy, who is last generation bible prophecy, signs of last generation bible prophecy, signs of final generation

1,661 posts, read 1,392,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Going by their respective records, militant leftist fanatics are far more likely to cause chaos, mass destruction, and death than geologic strata are. This time, my money's on the fanatics in Iran to kick things off. No gaurantees, but they are by far the most likely.
Your first sentence made literally no sense.

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The Bible is very clear about the timing of the end times, and it says that no one knows the timing. For hundreds of years people have been saying it is imminent.
It is very clear but not what you said. It absolutely says something about the timing in a very simple metaphor anyone can understand except for the brainwashed. I don't know the day or hour when I will have my first ripe tomato, but I know it will be this summer. Its not "no idea" where it is a 1000 years off.

Matthew 24
32 “Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So you also, when you see all these things, know that it[d] is near—at the doors! 34 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.

36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven,[e] but My Father only.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
You don't need to get into all that. Here is where it irrefutably says when the end times was. Then you will see they cannot be reasoned with. The end times was for the Jews, nothing to do with anyone else.

Hebrews 9
26 He then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.
Sorry, I'm an athiest. All the end of the world talk is a bunch of voodoo crap.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:37 PM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
Sorry, I'm an athiest. All the end of the world talk is a bunch of voodoo crap.
That does not mean you cannot send them off with their own authority.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:38 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
No one knows the day or the hour, but we can know when these things happen as the buds on a tree are a sign that spring is near, so shall it be the signs that we watch for will tell us when it is near. When Israel became a nation that generation shall not pass away till these thing shall be
Yes, we need to keep an eye on the buds, but don't jump into conclusions. Take Israel for example, because some say the generation started at 1948, the re-birth of the nation, and some say it was 1967, the re-taking of Jerusalem. There are many ways to misunderstand these things.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:39 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,856,223 times
This is the most peaceful time period in the history of the world.

WW III. Nobody has a credible military besides the US.

Nothing will happen except old fashioned civil wars such as Syria. Hopefully, China will have its own revolution.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
That does not mean you cannot send them off with their own authority.
Shouldn't they be on a street corner with a sign?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies