Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2012, 12:10 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,606,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
There is a specific reason you have 566 posts, have been read 122,387 times yet your reputation is 217. You are in the minority.
That settles it, then! I'm in the minority! I must be wrong!

Nice to know the kind of "logic" one is up against here.

By the way, did you know the Founding Fathers were also in the minority? (I bring that up only because you people love misrepresenting them so much, not because I agree with them about everything.)

John Adams estimated that only 1/3 of the American colonists were in favor of independence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 12:11 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,534,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
I completely agree and it's a staggering sight to behold. Almost disorienting. The enemies of Christ and His people have never been so bold in this country.

"I expect to die in my bed, my successor will die in prison, and his successor will die a martyr in the public square.” - Cardinal George, 2010
I think you both are in for a surprise...you will end up in a Muslim hell LOL.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:11 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,938 times
Quote:
I was hoping someone would say that.

Is there a solution, then?

I think there is, but I'd like to hear the secularists offer something besides "say uncle or else!!!!".
Whatever religious or moral standards you wish to live by is your privilege to do so, up until the time you wish to force me to do so as well. If you find extramarital sex, contraception, working on Sundays, erotica, alcohol usage, BDSM, or skydiving to be immoral simply do not partake. That others might does you no harm.

You see, with a secular government, you may live as you wish, but with your quais-theocracy, we cannot. It's win/win.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:12 PM

I say we have Sharia law in USA instead.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
The founding fathers would be turning in their graves if this came to pass.
The founding fathers are turning in their graves over what HAS come to pass.

Even the first amendment was an afterthought, ratified primarily to PROTECT the established state churches from interference by an established national church.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Whatever religious or moral standards you wish to live by is your privilege to do so, up until the time you wish to force me to do so as well. If you find extramarital sex, contraception, working on Sundays, erotica, alcohol usage, BDSM, or skydiving to be immoral simply do not partake. That others might does you no harm.

You see, with a secular government, you may live as you wish, but with your quais-theocracy, we cannot. It's win/win.
No, it's you win, we lose. It's the equivalent of throwing a man in the sewer and telling him "if you don't like it, you're free to hold your nose".

Old 02-25-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
No, it's you win, we lose. It's the equivalent of throwing a man in the sewer and telling him "if you don't like it, you're free to hold your nose".
I have a great solution for you...Lets declare USA to be an Islamic Republican and have Sharia law here. That way we will have a purely moral country like Saudi Arabia.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
I have a great solution for you...Lets declare USA to be an Islamic Republican and have Sharia law here. That way we will have a purely moral country like Saudi Arabia.
Aren't you clever!

Old 02-25-2012, 12:22 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,938 times
Quote:
No, it's you win, we lose. It's the equivalent of throwing a man in the sewer and telling him "if you don't like, you're free to hold your nose".
Codswallop. If you think I'm going to conform to your standards, you had best be armed when trying to enforce it. Because you lack the authority to control my life in such a manner. I am a free person, and I will live my life as I will.

If you don't like it, too bad so sad.

Just so you know, tonight we're planning to consume large quantities of alcohol and then have sex with 8 or 10 of our friends. I guarantee we'll be having much more pleasure than whatever it is you're planning.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:32 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,507 times
Default Yep !!! ..... "Christian State" ..... Now That Sounds Like PLan ! ..... Quite !

Quote:
It differs in the sense that Christianity is not Islam. Guess you'll need to learn a little about both, eh?

But you and your tribe want to do exactly the same thing. You want to impose a secular society and secular values on the rest of us.

Now, if I used the kind of "logic" you people use against Christianity, I might add that "your plan is no different from that of Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot". But that wouldn't be fair, would it?
WesternPilgrim !!! ... Interesting Indeed ...............

I do enjoy reading your acutely refreshing and fundamentally sound posts here on good ole CDF !!!

Perhaps you may possibly be the one member on this forum to at long last slightly penetrate the vast and seemingly unassailable minds of our crew of "Clueless Blighters" that appear to continuously ply the ole murky backwaters of mighty CDF !

I hope you may be successful in shining some light (wisdom) into those select few little ole minds ! Without doubt they need all they can possibly receive !!!!!

Cheers ..... Old Sgt. Lamar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies