Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 05:06 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,098 times

Advertisements

If there are peaceful Muslims, why don't they tell their violent brothers and sisters of the faith to knock off all the killing?

Are all Muslims heading in the same violent direction? Maybe. None of them seem to want to do anything about it.

This constant news of murder and suicide bombing by Muslims make them look kind of bad, I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 05:11 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
If there are peaceful Muslims, why don't they tell their violent brothers and sisters of the faith to knock off all the killing?

Are all Muslims heading in the same violent direction? Maybe. None of them seem to want to do anything about it.

This constant news of murder and suicide bombing by Muslims make them look kind of bad, I think.
I don't hold the entire group accountable for the actions of a few. I've told the Westboro Baptists to shut up and get a life, but so far they're not listening. I don't take all Christians to task just because there are some nutbars out there.

Old 02-24-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I don't hold the entire group accountable for the actions of a few. I've told the Westboro Baptists to shut up and get a life, but so far they're not listening. I don't take all Christians to task just because there are some nutbars out there.
I agree, but it seems like there are more than A FEW nutjobs in the Middle East.

It's a serious problem ... and no one wants to talk about it, especially seemingly, Muslims. It needs to be stopped.

Obama making apologies every couple of days doesn't help one bit. In fact it makes things worse.

Why don't Muslims stand up and stop all the murderous BS?

It makes me think that Muslims are barbarians. Is this the reputation Muslims want? I think they'd better change their ways and quit being complacent.

Old 02-24-2012, 05:47 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
It's part of their religion which is their law. It's very opposite the US.
Their religion IS their law.

Old 02-24-2012, 05:49 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:

IMO because the following of the faith by the word leads to violance that is radical Islam.
I think the ones you think are peaceful just aren't all that religious.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:03 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's part of their religion which is their law. It's very opposite the US.
Their religion IS their law.
Which is true. The middle eastern countries are a perfect example of what a hard right, religion and government intertwined nations look like.

Education is not cared about, woman are 2nd class citizens, guns and violence are rampant, there are a handful of elites with mass wealth while the rest of the country is in poverty, religion is the law of the land and forced on the people. If you do not obey it, you are beaten or killed,..These kind of things are just what many evangelical loons and others on the far right in america would love the country to look like.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The middle eastern countries are a perfect example of what a hard right, religion and government intertwined nations look like. These kind of things are just what many evangelical loons and others on the far right in america would love the country to look like.

Thanks for pointing that out. (&%$#%

America right now is a perfect example of what a hard left secular nation looks like. They control what you can eat, where you can smoke and what your money gets spent on. A dictatorship.

Now try addressing the Muslim problem.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:33 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Thanks for pointing that out. (&%$#%

America right now is a perfect example of what a hard left secular nation looks like. They control what you can eat, where you can smoke and what your money gets spent on. A dictatorship.

Now try addressing the Muslim problem.
I know the truth hurts, but I did just address the topic. The hard right just refuses to understand in many ways, evangelical nuts and the muslims are more similar than they want to think,...

Old 02-24-2012, 06:33 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:

Quote:
I agree, but it seems like there are more than A FEW nutjobs in the Middle East.

It's a serious problem ... and no one wants to talk about it, especially seemingly, Muslims. It needs to be stopped.

Obama making apologies every couple of days doesn't help one bit. In fact it makes things worse.

Why don't Muslims stand up and stop all the murderous BS?

It makes me think that Muslims are barbarians. Is this the reputation Muslims want? I think they'd better change their ways and quit being complacent.
Why don't christian Catholics start tamping down on child raping christian priests?
It's a serious problem ... and no one wants to talk about it, especially seemingly, Catholics. It needs to be stopped.

Why don't Christians stand up and stop all the protecting child raping priests BS?

Old 02-24-2012, 06:41 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Which is true. The middle eastern countries are a perfect example of what a hard right, religion and government intertwined nations look like.

Education is not cared about, woman are 2nd class citizens, guns and violence are rampant, there are a handful of elites with mass wealth while the rest of the country is in poverty, religion is the law of the land and forced on the people. If you do not obey it, you are beaten or killed,..These kind of things are just what many evangelical loons and others on the far right in america would love the country to look like.
TempesT68..we have a constitutional amendment prohibiting that.
I, for one, do not fear that religion will take over the US Government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies