Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 08:22 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,545,529 times

Advertisements

Did any of you dingdongs including the OP bother to even read the damn article.

Quote:
A Rocklin resident has asked the City Council to consider a ban on smoking that some say goes way too far.
The Rocklin City Council was asked to consider making it against the law for smokers to smoke anywhere outside on their property.
Rocklin City Manager Rick Horst said the city has “no intention of considering the matter
Any resident can ask their city council to consider anything. Doesn't mean its going to even make it to committee.

Here for some of you lazy asses:

List of smoke-free laws in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 08:35 AM

25,775 posts, read 16,391,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Rocklin Considering Banning Residents From Smoking Outside Their Own Homes « CBS Sacramento

Now they're on your private property. They're trying to ban smoking outside your home even if it's on your own property. How much longer before they're in your home?
I would think the only place they'll enforce this is in a situation like rowhouses where your patio could literally be right next to your neighbor.

Why should one have the right to ruin another's outdoor time with their noxious smoke?

Old 02-26-2012, 09:46 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,856,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indy_317 View Post
The idea of banning BBQ/Charcoal grilling and outdoor fire pits will always shut up the anti-smoking folks. These are "good" social activities, and many of them grew up participating in these things. Plus, until the powers that be start attacking the "dangers" of charcoal grilling and wood pit toxicity, these folks will consider it safe. Don't worry though, as the nanny/we are all going to die state continues to grow, people will end up getting attacked for these very behaviors. A neighbor of my parents burned leaves, grass in his yard. Totally legal where they live. Well, an "off" neighbor actually went to a lawyer and had them draft a letter saying that his burning was causing her medical issues with allergies and what not. If the burning didn't cease, she would pursue legal action. Now that the smoking police have complied all these facts about the dangers of toxins released with smoking, they have given these busy bodies the ammo to shut down fire pits, BBQ parties, etc.. First it will start in the parks or common areas, with a handful of people who jog or walk their dogs in the parks suing. Government, not wanting to counter their own "smoke kills" facts, will be forced to severely limit such open burning. Actally, some municipalities in 'free' Indiana already do this: No outdoor burning, none, without approval from the fire chief. Is it enforced, not at all, only if the smoke is really bad, or there is a drought. Will it start being enforced if a busy body calls...you bet. Eventually it will expand to the courtroom, with neighbor suing neighbor.
I think there should be a colony for busybodies. That why they can live out an existence that doesn't involve video games, movies with swearing, movies with violence, movies with nudity, movies with drug use, music with profanity, books with subversive themes, books that criticize religion, books that support religion, tobacco, alcohol, caffeine, transfats, peanut butter (allergies), perfumes, large dogs, mobile phones, large dresses, skateboarding, contact sports, martial arts, and any of the hundreds of other activities and things that make the miserable f--ks more miserable. I predict that the lack of things to complain about will result in them becoming overwhelmingly depressed and they commit a mass suicide a la the People's Temple in Jonestown.

I consider that a win-win.

In my experience, the more things that offend someone, the less pleasant they are to around. I think we all knew that one person who always got stuff banned from school or work because they were a nitpicking busybody and would complain about the "selfishness" of others when they were the only person who offended.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:35 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,746,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
CA, i know its strange. we seem to agree that child molestation and smoking are evil. everything else seems to pretty much be ok.
Californians ourselves are fairly level headed for the most part. Every proposition we pass (8 and 187 comes to mind) are either challenged or wiped out entirely by the liberal 9th district (CA Northern DCofA) judges out of San Francisco. It renders us unable to collectively make a dicision with our votes.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:42 AM

50,099 posts, read 46,672,829 times
the irony

//www.city-data.com/forum/calif...t-smokers.html

Old 02-26-2012, 04:23 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,652,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Apparently you are so illiterate that you can't construct a sentence that will convey your thoughts. I am sorry. By that, I mean that I pity you.

Just for the record, I am probably more conservative than you but it's ignorant fools like you that make conservatives look really foolish. So, if you'd really like to help stop liberalism then kindly shut the hell up because it's idiots like you who're giving liberals a reason to push. DOH!

Will you turn closewise or counterclockwise when the flush happens?

Old 02-26-2012, 04:41 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,419,632 times
What's funny in a sad way is the many decades Hollywood has actively promoted smoking, even making movies which prominently feature smoking as part of the plot, and now California (formally the "do your own thing" state) wants to legislate where you can and cannot light up a tobacco product,...but lighting up a joint or lot bong is perfectly fine.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:07 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,053,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Will you turn closewise or counterclockwise when the flush happens?
Keep dreaming bobo.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:09 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,652,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Keep dreaming bobo.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:51 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,780,642 times
LOL... just shows how little you guys know about California, because Rocklin is a Republican-dominant city.

//www.city-data.com/city/Rocklin-California.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies