Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 12:19 PM

45,221 posts, read 26,431,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
I saw him being booed by this liberal audience for complementing all of the other troops that served honorably in Iraq. This is one man and his opion differs from the majority that served there.
How do you know it was a liberal audience?
I think he was being booed because he was serving up the standard establishment rhetoric about the troops defending our freedoms (they are not, even our own troops know it) and people have had ten years or so of war to recognize the fact that our freedoms are at risk because of those within (scoundrels like Bolton).
I'm no liberal and I'd have booed him... I just wonder whats taking you so long to wake up?

Last edited by Frank DeForrest; 02-25-2012 at 12:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 12:43 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
I'm see what the fuss is about. The guy gets standing ovation, camera pans back. Bolton gets applause camera pulls back and anyone with eyes can see that it wasn't as big as the vet guy's reception. Frankly, I'm glad they turned down the volume because it hurt my ears. I don't think the sound tech was expecting that much gain and just cranked it down to bring back to standard maybe he went to low but like I said I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:04 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I'm see what the fuss is about. The guy gets standing ovation, camera pans back. Bolton gets applause camera pulls back and anyone with eyes can see that it wasn't as big as the vet guy's reception. Frankly, I'm glad they turned down the volume because it hurt my ears. I don't think the sound tech was expecting that much gain and just cranked it down to bring back to standard maybe he went to low but like I said I don't see what all the fuss is about.
Business as usual for media manipulation?

Old 02-25-2012, 01:07 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,809,014 times
Faux news propaganda at it's finest. I can't believe anyone follows that garbage, or actually thinks it's "news"

Old 02-25-2012, 08:41 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Faux news propaganda at it's finest. I can't believe anyone follows that garbage, or actually thinks it's "news"
This thread is not about MSNBC (faux news).

Old 02-25-2012, 08:48 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,809,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
This thread is not about MSNBC (faux news).

YOU GOT FAIL HORN'D! - YouTube

Old 02-26-2012, 12:38 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,171,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
John Bolton the Warmonger and chief for Fox news, can't take the heat, so Fox edits applause to make it appear audience supports his answer to Iraq War Vet calling it like he saw it.

John Bolton Dodges Question; Insults Anti-War Veteran - YouTube
In a way, he did. I'm sure he's had worse. This is getting more and more common today. It's mostly done by people who couldn't fight their way out of wet paper bag. They wouldn't have the slightest clue as to what a really "bad day" is, much less had one. I think they should be required to walk in the shoes of whom they are talking to for just one day. That's kind of hard to do when the only thing they ever "fired" was a load out of their big fat mouth! And I quote just this past week... "big effing whoop!" If you can't razzle them...baffle them with bulls***!

Old 02-27-2012, 08:30 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,732,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
I saw him being booed by this liberal audience for complementing all of the other troops that served honorably in Iraq. This is one man and his opion differs from the majority that served there.
Actually it wasn't an audience of liberals. It was an audience of libertarians and isolationists. They likely were Ron Paul supporters.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:07 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Fox news is the supreme master of editing to suit their own agenda.

just like cnbc, cnn, cbs, and abc are. they report the news based upon the liberal agenda they support.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:02 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
John Bolton the Warmonger and chief for Fox news, can't take the heat, so Fox edits applause to make it appear audience supports his answer to Iraq War Vet calling it like he saw it.

John Bolton Dodges Question; Insults Anti-War Veteran - YouTube

You mean John Bolton the next Secretary of State under the Romney Administration?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies