Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 01:00 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
My biggest beef is they are demanding things solely based upon the fact that they sleep with the same sex. I don't care if they parade through the streets, have TV shows or style hair, (quite fabulously, I might add). When they don't get their way simply for being gay, they demand ever more equality in marriage, etc.

To be fair, I think having a gay relationship requires a great deal of honesty because girls know how girls think, and the same with men. When you have one of each, we can always fall back on the old adage that one doesn't understand the way the other thinks.

I'm sorry I don't understand it, but it will never make sense to me. Yes I know they can raise children, attend church, are active in their communities, etc. I'm not trying to judge, I just don't get it.
Do you think straight people deserve more 'things' (what ever that means) just because they sleep with the opposite sex? What exactly are gay people demanding that straight people don't already have?

Old 02-27-2012, 01:35 AM

409 posts, read 254,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Do you think straight people deserve more 'things' (what ever that means) just because they sleep with the opposite sex? What exactly are gay people demanding that straight people don't already have?
they are demanding straight normal people to recognize their sexual perversion of a lifestyle to be considered legitimate. Gay sex and relationships are not natural.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:37 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,574,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
they are demanding straight normal people to recognize their sexual perversion of a lifestyle to be considered legitimate. Gay sex and relationships are not natural.
funny, they are to people born with the gay orientation... it's unnatural to me to not be gay, since i have been my whole life without choice,

but i'm 34 and still a virgin,

Old 02-27-2012, 01:47 AM

4 posts, read 3,495 times
i luv gay people

Old 02-27-2012, 01:47 AM

8 posts, read 4,497 times
Well, i have nothing against them, mainly because I see them still as a person. As long as they will not harass me, i won't have to curse them though, most of them look guys like a fried chicken in the table. Oh well, i'm glad that i found this forum.Such a great thing to know.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:54 AM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I'm a libertarian and believe in the bill of rights. I support the right of any couple to enter into a marriage contract if they have the desire to do so. All the moral judgement and forcing others to conform to your personal morality makes me sick.
Ditto.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:57 AM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
When was the last time you saw a straight pride parade?
When was the last time you saw a straight person being fired, denied employment or housing, and being otherwise discriminated against for being straight? I'm sure those incidents are few and far between (if they even exist), and can hardly be compared to the struggles of being gay throughout history... first learn WHY they have pride parades, and then you can judge the resulting effects.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:41 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
This whole rightwing sudden obsession with gay people is nothing more than a grand political deflection from the real issue in America today which is jobs and how you are going to create them, as the rightwiners have no clue how to do that lets change the subject to gays, illegals, entitlements, teachers,food stamps,religion etc.

Last edited by jambo101; 02-27-2012 at 03:50 AM..

Old 02-27-2012, 03:49 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,436 times
Personally, I have nothing against the homosexual community. My best friend with whom I'm really, really close with is a lesbian. She's an extremely awesome person and busts her ass to provide for her and her family. Before meeting and hanging out with her I had little to no exposure to the homosexual community other than my sister going through a lesbian phase to which she's still carrying out today at the age of 23 or however old she is.

Ever since meeting and hanging out with my best friend I gained a better sense of what the homosexual community was all about and I have to admit, I fell into that miscast mindset of thinking "zOMG! aLL tHE gAY dUDES wANT tO gET iN mY aNUS! hELP mEH!" When that isn't true at all and because I was exposed to the homosexual community and got to talk with members of said community I gained a better understanding of who they are and what they are all about. Now do I personally understand their plight and their battles of equality and stereotyping? No I don't but at least I have a better understanding of their situation even if it doesn't effect me personally.

To me, a woman kissing a woman and a man kissing a man is just as natural as a man kissing a woman or a woman kissing me man. It doesn't bother me so why should I care who sleeps with who? I guess my mindset is also bolstered by the fact that I was in the military for four years so my duty was to defend the rights and liberties of ALL Americans, not just a select few as it were. It really boggles my mind how people can have such an issue with the homosexual community and I do realize that some of it is indeed warranted; however, this plight the homosexual community is going through today is pretty similar to the civil rights movement the blacks were going through years ago. Not exactly the same mind you but comparisons can be drawn between the two.

So to me, I have no issue with them and I even had an uncle who was/is gay. All I ask is that everyone (both straights and homosexuals) keep their love life behind closed doors as I feel that's a private matter. I'm 24 and a virgin and I like females as my cup of tea. I'm cool with everybody or I'd like to think that anyway. Boggles my mind why tolerance isn't practiced more.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:16 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post

It is logical & scientifically backed that we CHOOSE what we think, feel and do. Yes, we are born into circumstances that may guide our choices, but still, humans ability to survive (& evolve as we have) has been because our brains are only 25% developed at birth, so we can adapt to the environment.

Evidence shows having homosexual preferences IS a choice, more linked to environmental influences than to biology...
Science Does NOT Support the Claim That Homosexuality Is Genetic
http://www.cwfa.org/images/content/bornorbred.pdf
Homosexual Researchers Debunk ‘Born Gay’ Urban Legend
Homosexual Researchers Debunk ‘Born Gay’ Urban Legend

"1. No research has found provable biological or genetic differences between heterosexuals & homosexuals that weren't caused by their behavior.
2. In 2 large studies conducted... Homosexuals overwhelmingly believed their feelings and behavior were the result of social or environmental influences.
3. Older homosexuals often approach the young
4. Early homosexual experiences influence adult patters of behavior
5. Sexual conduct is influenced by cultural factors - esp. religious convictions
6. Many change their sexual preferences
7. There are many ex-homosexuals"
Environmental factors may influence sexual orientation
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/archiv ... t/06102608

The APA changed the definition of homosexuality not because of scientific studies, but because of political harrassment from gay lobbyists.
The Born "Gay" Hoax |
LOL! Are you serious?

Only a militant anti-gay crusader would use links to militant anti-gay religious websites as a source of ummm.... information *cough propaganda*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies