Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2012, 02:28 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I never get tired hearing about "conservative" version of US Constitution. It runs somewhere between Declaration of Independence and Articles of Confederation... not the "US Constitution" itself. But hey, it will be a sad day when a person gets tired of amusement.

Funny you claim evolution isn't a fact. But then, I can claim that some people just never evolved. So, I guess, we have a common ground. As for faith... I didn't know you had something against it.
Yikes, evolution is a theory!!!! Accepted, but still a theory. I should get paid for educating you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 02:31 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Yikes, evolution is a theory!!!! Accepted, but still a theory. I should get paid for educating you!
I would pity anybody who would pay for you educating anybody. The idea serves well as free amusement, though and should be kept as such. But, speaking of theories... do you know what a theory entails?

Waiting while you look up a dictionary... expecting a link anytime now...

Or not.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
I would pity anybody who would pay for you educating anybody. The idea serves well as free amusement, though and should be kept as such. But, speaking of theories... do you know what a theory entails?

Waiting while you look up a dictionary... expecting a link anytime now...

Or not.
Too funny, I have proven every post of your to be wrong.

Under god constitutional-check

Diety referenced in the Constitution-check

Vocabulary instruction-check

evolution is a THEORY-check

Let me know if you need more help!

Old 02-27-2012, 02:37 PM

30,894 posts, read 36,937,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Homeschooling families can't teach homosexuality a sin in class, says Alberta govt:

"Under Alberta’s new Education Act, homeschoolers and faith-based schools will not be permitted to teach that homosexual acts are sinful as part of their academic program, says the spokesperson for Education Minister Thomas Lukaszuk. 'Whatever the nature of schooling – homeschool, private school, Catholic school – we do not tolerate disrespect for differences,' Donna McColl, Lukaszuk’s assistant director of communications, told LifeSiteNews on Wednesday evening."

Is this where we're headed in the United States?
I am gay and as much as I deplore this kind of teaching, I deplore government interference in the matter even more. It's one thing to create a law for public schools, but quite another for religious and home schools. However, I believe religious schools in Canada get government funding, so it may be a case of "He who pays the piper calls the tune". Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Too funny, I have proven every post of your to be wrong.

Under god constitutional-check

Diety referenced in the Constitution-check

Vocabulary instruction-check

evolution is a THEORY-check

Let me know if you need more help!
You forgot the very premise of your claims...

Pledge of Allegiance is US Constitution - Check

You're Welcome!

Old 02-27-2012, 02:45 PM

30,894 posts, read 36,937,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
Bisexuals and bisexuality refute your premise that gays are born that way.
It doesn't refute that premise at all. Sexual orientation is a matter of degree. Just as some people are right handed, some left handed, and some ambidextrous...some people are gay, some are straight, and some bisexual.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
You forgot the very premise of your claims...

Pledge of Allegiance is US Constitution - Check

You're Welcome!
Yikes, I guess reading comprehension is another issue for you.

Please cut and paste where I wrote that.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I am gay and as much as I deplore this kind of teaching, I deplore government interference in the matter even more. It's one thing to create a law for public schools, but quite another for religious and home schools. However, I believe religious schools in Canada get government funding, so it may be a case of "He who pays the piper calls the tune". Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
It appears that you are correct. 7 provinces support Catholic schools. Although, I still dont agree. It changes the argument.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Yikes, I guess reading comprehension is another issue for you.

Please cut and paste where I wrote that.
Sure! Ask and you shall receive...

Quote:
Too funny you know about as much about the constitution as you do vocabulary. I've done enough work for you for the day.

Now go read the constitution.

I'm helping because I'm nice.

"On November 12, 2010, in a unanimous decision,[33] the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit in Boston affirmed a ruling by a New Hampshire lower federal court which found that the pledge's reference to God doesn't violate students' rights.[34] A United States Supreme Court appeal of this decision was denied on June 13, 2011.[35][36]"

Pledge of Allegiance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now run along.
You're Welcome, again!!

But, before I run out of space for exclamation points... if you care for Wikipedia for source... THIS not that would be the page for "US Constitution".

You're Welcome!!!

Old 02-27-2012, 02:49 PM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Homeschooling families can't teach homosexuality a sin in class, says Alberta govt:

"Under Alberta’s new Education Act, homeschoolers and faith-based schools will not be permitted to teach that homosexual acts are sinful as part of their academic program, says the spokesperson for Education Minister Thomas Lukaszuk. 'Whatever the nature of schooling – homeschool, private school, Catholic school – we do not tolerate disrespect for differences,' Donna McColl, Lukaszuk’s assistant director of communications, told LifeSiteNews on Wednesday evening."
WHAT????????????

Isn't that a violation of their First Amendment rights?

Oh, it's Canada?

Never mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies