Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2012, 02:52 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Sure! Ask and you shall receive...

You're Welcome, again!!

But, before I run out of space for exclamation points... if you care for Wikipedia for source... THIS not that would be the page for "US Constitution".

You're Welcome!!!
Well, I guess for someone with your limitations this could be confusing. Of course included in our discussion was your absurd claim that Under God was unconstitutional. This link was ment to help you save face. Yet apparently some folks are beyond help.

Cheers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 02:53 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Well, I guess for someone with your limitations this coud be confusing. Of course included in our discussion was your absurd claim that Under God was unconstitutional. This link was ment to help you save face. Yet apparently some folks are beyond help.

Cheers!
Yep... I've a very limited take on what entails US Constitution. You got it!

Old 02-27-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Yep... I've a very limited take on what entails US Constitution. You got it!
Well you finally admitted it, that's the first step. So to recap, under god is constitutional, and there is a reference to the deity in the Constitution. It's a start. If you wish to learn more, just ask.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:00 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,766,785 times
Well, that's fine, as long as these sort of strictures apply to non-Christian sects, too. I mean, are members of certain non-Christian sects renowned for stonings of Women and mutilations of Daughters being prohibited from teaching the unconscionable aspects of their religions, in their religious schools and 'homeschooling programs'?

And please note that there is nothing (yet, at least) prohibiting these parents' teaching hatred of Gays, when the children are not being 'schooled'. And there is nothing (yet) prohibiting these vile religions' teaching children to hate Homosexuals (with the excuse of 'sin'), as part of religious instruction separate from academic instruction.

There does seem, though, a trend in the 'Western Democracies' for Government to intrude upon and over-regulate the lives of Christians (particularly Protestants) and of Whites, while allowing non-Whites and non-Christians to do whatever they darn-well-please.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:04 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,116,906 times
There's a difference from hating homosexuals and hating homosexual acts.

Hating homosexuals - people who attracted to the same sex - is obviously hate for human persons. Some homosexuals do not engage in homosexual acts, either from their moral convictions or lack of opportunity, etc.

To hate homosexual acts, on the other hand, is to hate (or to disapprove of) exactly that - actions - actions which authentic Christians consider immoral and therefore sins. Disapproving of homosexual actions in this light is therefore no different than disapproving of adultery, disapproving of murder, disapproving of lying, or disapproving of anything else one considers to be wrong.

In fact, I would argue that the gay rights crowd does homosexuals a disservice by reducing them to their sex life.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:05 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
No need to wait. If you can point to anything other than isolated issues please do. We haven't seen riots like France. We havent had ethnic cleansing like Serbia. I could go on and on . Europe needs to look to us to see what tolerance looks like.
Y'all are chitt'n me ain't ya? Civility and tolerance; sheesh you've got whole stadiums clapping when a nutbar like Bachman advocates nuking Iran.

People get shot in your country for being "different" as well as anywhere else on then planet.

You forgotten those Rodny King race riots already? They make anyhting that's happened overseas look like a walk in the park.

How about all the riots and intolerance asscoiated with your "Occupy" movements, you need only check the threads on this very forum to glean all you need know about intolerance of anyone who doesn't fit the norm of white, anglo saxon, middle income, 8 credit card, underwater mortgage, two cars and boat mentality.

"Ethnic accommodations" while not perfectly aligned with your descriptor word you need only travel anywhere in the south to hear whole legions of folks calling blacks "Democrats" in a derogatory manner.

You want to look up "intolerance" in Websters and right there you'll find USofA. Cripes, what cave are you living in?

Old 02-27-2012, 03:15 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
It appears that you are correct. 7 provinces support Catholic schools. Although, I still dont agree. It changes the argument.
ALL province support the public school system with you choosing on your tax form which of the two public schools your tax is going to go to Protestant or Catholic.

This system harkens back to the fifities and has opened a pandora's box of gigantic proportions for future ethnicities to damand their educational tax levy go towards a particular religion OTHER than either of those two but to date none of the other religious private schools get public funding.

Point being; no publicly funded school will be allowed to teach any curriculae that could be deemed "intolerant" to any identifiable group of citizens.

Teaching in any public school system that "homosexuality is a sin" would be an affront to those requirements on any number of levels.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Y'all are chitt'n me ain't ya? Civility and tolerance; sheesh you've got whole stadiums clapping when a nutbar like Bachman advocates nuking Iran.

People get shot in your country for being "different" as well as anywhere else on then planet.

You forgotten those Rodny King race riots already? They make anyhting that's happened overseas look like a walk in the park.

How about all the riots and intolerance asscoiated with your "Occupy" movements, you need only check the threads on this very forum to glean all you need know about intolerance of anyone who doesn't fit the norm of white, anglo saxon, middle income, 8 credit card, underwater mortgage, two cars and boat mentality.

"Ethnic accommodations" while not perfectly aligned with your descriptor word you need only travel anywhere in the south to hear whole legions of folks calling blacks "Democrats" in a derogatory manner.

You want to look up "intolerance" in Websters and right there you'll find USofA. Cripes, what cave are you living in?

Wow, where to start with this. Ok I guess the top is as good as any. I am not sure how defending ourselves against a country that has nuclear weapons and made its ill will to us well known, falls into the intolerant categorie. Any country that threatens to nuke another needs to be met with strength. By the way Bachman isn't running for President.

Now you see there is a difference between the Rodney King and Reginald Denny beatings and ethnic cleansing in Serbia. I suggest you read up on the subject, a most unpleasant affair.

My goodness, I don't recall riots, I recall civil disobedience. Again the occupy movement had nothing to do with diversity.

You need to walk on the upper East Side and hear how Republicans are described. Yet, it's nothing but talk and rarely if ever translates into action.

You simply have no idea what real intolerance looks like, look up Balkanization, now that's in the dictionary!

Old 02-27-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
ALL province support the public school system with you choosing on your tax form which of the two public schools your tax is going to go to Protestant or Catholic.

This system harkens back to the fifities and has opened a pandora's box of gigantic proportions for future ethnicities to damand their educational tax levy go towards a particular religion OTHER than either of those two but to date none of the other religious private schools get public funding.

Point being; no publicly funded school will be allowed to teach any curriculae that could be deemed "intolerant" to any identifiable group of citizens.

Teaching in any public school system that "homosexuality is a sin" would be an affront to those requirements on any number of levels.
That does not appear to be correct.

Catholic schools in Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"In the 1990s there was a further movement in many provinces to dis-allow any religious instruction in schools financed by taxes. Currently only seven of the thirteen provinces and territories still allow faith-based school boards to be supported with tax money (Alberta, Newfoundland, Ontario, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories, and Yukon (to grade 9 only)[4]).[5]"

Old 02-27-2012, 03:32 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times
The homofascists are getting scarier by the day. They're really no better than other spectrum of religious nutters they think themselves so superior to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies