Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2012, 03:33 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
It's not ridiculous at all. He didn't say Canada IS North Korea. He said it is headed in that direction. And he's right. Restricting free speech is a classic symptom of a government growing tyrannical with its power.
Restricting the teaching of "hate and intolerance" is welcomed by majority of Canadians in it's crafting of laws to prevent it. WE THE PEOPLE won't allow it and our government is cognizant and respectful of OUR wishes in this regard. North Korea my ass.

Those laws were used to get rid of Ernst Zundel the Nazi school teacher who was teaching students that white supremecy is correct and slaughter of jews never happened.

If you wish to "teach" students you follow these simple rules. If you wish to preach intolerance and hate for visible minorities or readily identifiable segmants of society like homosexuals, why just go to church like everyone else does to get your weekly dose of bullcrap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 03:34 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
The homofascists are getting scarier by the day. They're really no better than other spectrum of religious nutters they think themselves so superior to.
Why the hate for people with a different worldview?

Old 02-27-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Restricting the teaching of "hate and intolerance" is welcomed by majority of Canadians in it's crafting of laws to prevent it. WE THE PEOPLE won't allow it and our government is cognizant and respectful of OUR wishes in this regard. North Korea my ass.

Those laws were used to get rid of Ernst Zundel the Nazi school teacher who was teaching students that white supremecy is correct and slaughter of jews never happened.

If you wish to "teach" students you follow these simple rules. If you wish to preach intolerance and hate for visible minorities or readily identifiable segmants of society like homosexuals, why just go to church like everyone else does to get your weekly dose of bullcrap.
The hate exhibited by the anti faith crowd is astonishing. Why do you equate the belief that sexual union should be reserved for procreation, With hate? You may not agree with it but the hatred directed towards a thought is astonishing. And if you don't think this is the way totalitarian states start, you are mistaken.

I do recall Canada banned Howard Stern from terrestrial radio. Perhaps they are delicate flowers who can't fight in the arena of ideas.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
That does not appear to be correct.

Catholic schools in Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"In the 1990s there was a further movement in many provinces to dis-allow any religious instruction in schools financed by taxes. Currently only seven of the thirteen provinces and territories still allow faith-based school boards to be supported with tax money (Alberta, Newfoundland, Ontario, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories, and Yukon (to grade 9 only)[4]).[5]"
The faith based school boards you are referring to are not of any other faith but Catholic. School boards ceased being described as protestant prior to 90's with a generic non-religious curriculum being the norm across Canada for those schools.

The Catholic school boards still receive taxpayer funding as you've mentioned but are the only religious public entities still remaining.

ALL provinces fund the public school system through tax levies.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
The faith based school boards you are referring to are not of any other faith but Catholic. School boards ceased being described as protestant prior to 90's with a generic non-religious curriculum being the norm across Canada for those schools.

The Catholic school boards still receive taxpayer funding as you've mentioned but are the only religious entities still remaining.

ALL provinces fund the public school system through tax levies.
Correct, not both boards as your previous post suggested. Apparently the Catholic boards still receive funds in only 7 provinces.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
The hate exhibited by the anti faith crowd is astonishing. Why do you equate the belief that sexual union should be reserved for procreation, With hate? You may not agree with it but the hatred directed towards a thought is astonishing. And if you don't think this is the way totalitarian states start, you are mistaken.

I do recall Canada banned Howard Stern from terrestrial radio. Perhaps they are delicate flowers who can't fight in the arena of ideas.
Delicate flowers we may be but we do not have a problem, as you seem to, in very clearly seeing where someone standing in front of a group of young minds telling them that homsexuality is a sin is preaching hate, falsehoods and intolerance. Religious intolerance is no different than any other kind and your inability to see that is mind numbing. God told me to say that!

You religious bigots use your claim of faith to justify virtually every sin committed by man against man since the beginning of time. Just once I'd like to see one of you nutbars preach "treat others as you would have them treat you" then actually live the rule. Ain't ever gonna happen in my lifetime though, is it?

"Howard Stern" being used in the same sentence with the word "idea" is oxymoronic in the extreme. Mister filth mouth hasn't had an original thought since he dropped his last tab of acid in the seventies and if he is an argument for your 1st amendment interpretation; we need to keep what we got thank you.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Delicate flowers we may be but we do not have a problem, as you seem to, in very clearly seeing where someone standing in front of a group of young minds telling them that homsexuality is a sin is preaching hate, falsehoods and intolerance. Religious intolerance is no different than any other kind and your inability to see that is mind numbing. God told me to say that!

You religious bigots use your claim of faith to justify virtually every sin committed by man against man since the beginning of time. Just once I'd like to see one of you nutbars preach "treat others as you would have them treat you" then actually live the rule. Ain't ever gonna happen in my lifetime though, is it?

"Howard Stern" being used in the same sentence with the word "idea" is oxymoronic in the extreme. Mister filth mouth hasn't had an original thought since he dropped his last tab of acid in the seventies and if he is an argument for your 1st amendment interpretation; we need to keep what we got thank you.

You have not explained why you believe the idea that sex should be reserved for procreation is equvalent to hate. It is this type of intolerance, the intolerance of ideas that leads to totalitarianism.

Canadians need to toughen up and do battle in the market pace of ideas. If Howard Stern is too challenging for you, you have bigger problems.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:07 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Until you can prove Jesus rose from the dead and/or walked on water, such things are opinions to many.
Thou Shalt Not Kill.

Until you can prove Jesus rose from the dead, I demand an immediate release of everyone charged or convicted of murder. You crazy bible thumpers and your morals. Next thing you know I'll have to quit lying, cheating on the little lady, and lusting after the lady next door. Those things are opinions to many.

/sarcasm/

Old 02-27-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
You have not explained why you believe the idea that sex should be reserved for procreation is equvalent to hate. It is this type of intolerance, the intolerance of ideas that leads to totalitarianism.

Canadians need to toughen up and do battle in the market pace of ideas. If Howard Stern is too challenging for you, you have bigger problems.

Canadians need to toughen up to do battle with Howard Stern? You missed the part where I stated he's not relevant anymore and the only place he's still got currency/cachet is with the mentally challenged. A battle of "ideas" with an unarmed man? Where's the tough part?

Preventing him from spewing garbage is fine by us and we'll leave the tough part to you folks south of the 49th who have a completely different definition of "tough" from the rest of the free world.

I did not say what the idea of sex should be one way or the other, did I?

Myself and the majority of Canadians may or may not agree with your premiss regarding the subject of sexual intercourse but we damn sure don't want our schools teaching the propriety of heterosexual versus homosexual tied to religious beliefs, as in using the word SIN to describe one.

I for one want them to keep that religious bigotry as far from any schoolroom as it can possibly be kept. There will be ample opportunity for their parents to teach them all they need know about being religious and/or bigots.

You zealots crack me up with your inane ramblings about whats right and proper while you talk about tough in the same post.

Now let's move back onto how advocating the teaching of what some zealots determine is sinful in schools is somehow defined as appropriate by any 21st century so-called civilized country.

Last edited by BruSan; 02-27-2012 at 05:31 PM..

Old 02-27-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Canadians need to toughen up to do battle with Howard Stern? You missed the part where I stated he's not relevant anymore and the only place he's still got currency/cachet is with the mentally challenged. A battle of "ideas" with an unarmed man? Where's the tough part?

Preventing him from spewing garbage is fine by us and we'll leave the tough part to you folks south of the 49th who have a completely different definition of "tough" from the rest of the free world.

I did not say what the idea of sex should be one way or the other, did I?

Myself and the majority of Canadians may or may not agree with your premiss regarding the subject of sexual intercourse but we damn sure don't want our schools teaching the propriety of heterosexual versus homosexual tied to religious beliefs, as in using the word SIN to describe one.

I for one want them to keep that religious bigotry as far from any schoolroom as it can possibly be kept. There will be ample opportunity for their parents to teach them all they need know about being religious and/or bigots.

You zealots crack me up with your inane ramblings about whats right and proper while you talk about tough in the same post.

Now let's move back onto how preventing the teaching of what some zealots determine is sinful in schools is somehow defined as appropriate by any 21st century so-called civilized country.
I think you are confused. I suggested you toughen up and do battle in the market place of ideas.

Then I submitted a second thought suggesting perhaps Canadians were not up to the task given their fear of Stern. After this exchange it occurs to me lack of brain power rather than fear may be the issue.

The only bigotry I notice is coming from I you. You have yet to engage on ideas, you can only spew invective. It is quite instructive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies