Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 07:37 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Well I see we've moved off homosexuality and gone onto monogamy, what's next? Y-fronts versus boxers?

Oh brother! Churches teach monogamy? Jimmy Lee Swaggert, Jim Bakker, hundreds more and the catholic priests numbering in the thousand who've not only committed sins but crimes?
Teaching by example lost favour with the church has it? Are you serious?

Parents don't teach monogamy? Schools don't teach monogamy? All elders of respect, children will meet in their formative years don't teach them monogamy, only the church? My gramma taught a better lesson of monogamy than you screaming meamies.

If you subscribed to celibacy, there'd be no STD's. IF you lived on an island alone there'd be no STD's. No church person ever contracted an STD? WOW!

You pots calling the kettles black are the loons in this scenario there are many, many, of us who subscribe to many different religions other than yours but you insist on yours being the only one that is relevant and legitimate.

Ooopsy; Still married after 42 years and never had an STD. Goodness, I'm bucking the odds here; better get my butt to a building with a cross on it tuite-suite!

Frankly I take the surmisal that people such as yourself have ZERO respect for folks like me as a compliment!
Silly rabbit, see I actually respond to the posters arguments. It's fun you should try it. Now if you will review the post I was responding to, the poster erroneously proclaimed that if he/she conformed to church teachings he/she would have many STDs. And I pointed out that he/she was quite wrong. So there you have it.

So on to your next, what I will charitably describe as a point. It is true that churchs teach ideals. It is also true that none of us live up to those ideals, its called being human. Now your solution to this reality is to scrap ideals. However, others believe, even when you don't live up to those ideals, you should keep trying.

You are mistaken if you believe I have no respect for you, frankly I don't care what you believe or do, so long as you leave me alone and let me do my thing. But the anti religious nuts simply can't help themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 07:54 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Silly rabbit, see I actually respond to the posters arguments. It's fun you should try it. Now if you will review the post I was responding to, the poster erroneously proclaimed that if he/she conformed to church teachings he/she would have many STDs. And I pointed out that he/she was quite wrong. So there you have it.

So on to your next, what I will charitably describe as a point. It is true that churchs teach ideals. It is also true that none of us live up to those ideals, its called being human. Now your solution to this reality is to scrap ideals. However, others believe, even when you don't live up to those ideals, you should keep trying.

You are mistaken if you believe I have no respect for you, frankly I don't care what you believe or do, so long as you leave me alone and let me do my thing. But the anti religious nuts simply can't help themselves.
Ludicrous loon, irrelevant idiot, marginal mouse, there I responded and damn if you aren't correct, I enjoyed it!

Who said anything about scrapping ideals, there you go again. I suggested that many other institutions are just as worthy or better to teach children ideals NOT just the church. I even gave you examples, which you ignored as usual.

Wait a second did you just say you wished to be left alone but WE were not letting you do your thing? Hang on, weren't we talking about a province in Canada?

I must have gotten all mixed up in this on-going silliness. I could have sworn a Canadian province was prohibiting intolerance being taught in schools but YOU objected to that and insist on imposing your will upon a foreign country.

Where did I get it wrong here?

Old 03-01-2012, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Ludicrous loon, irrelevant idiot, marginal mouse, there I responded and damn if you aren't correct, I enjoyed it!

Wait a second did you just say you wished to be left alone but WE were not letting you do your thing? Hang on, weren't we talking about a province in Canada?

I must have gotten all mixed up in this on-going silliness. I could have sworn a Canadian province was prohibiting intolerance being taught in schools but YOU objected to that and insist on imposing your will upon a foreign country.

Ah, I see, you didn't learn anything from the previous post did you. I know you loath to actully discuss the posts, but I promise you may enjoy it. By we, of course I am describing people who wish to provide their children with a religious education. Isn't that what we have been discussing, well I guess to be more accurate, I have been discussing for, oh , these many pages? Hey what can I say, I feel for the oppressed.

Nah, I have no need to impose my will on a foreign country, it seems as if your fellow countryman are finally waking up.

Conservative MP’s bill to repeal Section 13 moves to committee « Wintery Knight

"Canada does not protect free speech right now. Repealing Section 13 would be good, but Canada is not a good place for families to raise children. Even if they get Section 13 repealed, there is still the recent unanimous Supreme Court decision affirming that the provincial governments have a right to decide what children will believe - not parents. The Supreme Court was mostly selected by the previous Liberal governments."

It ain't perfect but it's a start.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:

Who said anything about scrapping ideals, there you go again. I suggested that many other institutions are just as worthy or better to teach children ideals NOT just the church. I even gave you examples, which you ignored as usual.

To respond to your edited point, once again you attribute things to me I did not write. Who claimed only the church teaches ideals? Quite the opposite, I have repeatedly pointed out the the church and the religious schools are extensions of parental and family teaching.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
The "silly rabbit" taught me, or was that not your intent?

Uuuh; Canada is not a good place to bring up children? Oh boy, I've not got the time or the callouses built up on my finger tips to give you chapter and verse in response to that nonsense. You've gone from being a mere annoyance to a full blown bellicose, retarded A-Hole now!

But that's allright I forgive you in your ignorance. You can hardly be blamed for the indoctrination having worked as intended.

Keep reading the parts in the news you like that fit your idealogue agenda and ignoring the bits about your kids having problems down there and we'll be here for eons. You got more teen pregnancies and unwed mothers per capita down there than some african countries but hey that religion can't be part of the problem eh?

You presuming to lecture us on freedom of speach is oxymoronic in the extreme and has finished this little exchange for me.

In short you got enough problems in your back yard and I suggest you go about taking some positive steps to clean up your cesspool before you complain about your neighbours BBQ smoke.

Lol, at least in the US, we can say what we want without interference from anti religious bigots.

Cheers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies