Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2012, 11:48 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,258,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Roy, I think your tinfoil hat is a little too tight today.
How about you admitting that you know so very little about Agenda 21 and ICLEI because you refuse to look into them? Of course, you have a lot of company here in that desire to keep from knowing but that doesn't mean a lot when you try the old tried and true progressive method of protecting what you refuse to do by name calling. Are you sure just who it is who has the tin foil hat on? I see many conservatives talking about progressive tin foil hats but using name calling as a defense for lack of information just doesn't cut a lot of cloth with me.

When you are ready to discuss the UN's Agenda 21 from a standpoint of information about it let me know as I would really like to do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 11:50 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,989,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
How about you admitting that you know so very little about Agenda 21 and ICLEI because you refuse to look into them? Of course, you have a lot of company here in that desire to keep from knowing but that doesn't mean a lot when you try the old tried and true progressive method of protecting what you refuse to do by name calling. Are you sure just who it is who has the tin foil hat on? I see many conservatives talking about progressive tin foil hats but using name calling as a defense for lack of information just doesn't cut a lot of cloth with me.

When you are ready to discuss the UN's Agenda 21 from a standpoint of information about it let me know as I would really like to do that.
How about you staying on-topic of the thread for once in your life?
Do you really think the National Register of Historic Places is a puppet agency for the UN?
Really?
Did Glenn tell you that?

Old 02-28-2012, 11:58 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,200,555 times
That is how this area developed. Almost all main roads are actually on easements granted (or taken) by the government. I suppose it goes back to the days this land was slice up on a map, sight unseen. Individual land owners must have allowed passage along the edge of their land and roads grew out of that. Not to say every road is not owned by a government agency, some surely exist.

As for you having rights to alter your improvements, you do not have an unconditional right to do so now. Compliance with existing zoning and building codes come ahead of your rights. Build outside of your setback lines, a no no. Build too high, a no no. Build beyond the capacity of the existing utility services, a no no (we have a septic system that only allows three bedrooms). Build a spite fence, often a no no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaw1981 View Post
Your property line goes all the way to the center of the road in your neighborhood? Do I have that right? Why? What is the point in having that? I can agree with what you say to a point. Do I believe that I should have the right to tear my house down and put up a 20 story building that will have a impact on my neighbors? No. In a historic district should there be limits on razing a structure? Maybe.

But to tell pre existing homeowners, that because their neighbors voted for a HD, they have to now be part of it, is in my opinion wrong (outside of Arizona). The second part of what I was saying is preservationists in general. It is not enough for them to create 2-3 historic districts. See that is usually what I and most people think of. Instead they go out of their way to create over 30 of them in a large city. This also pushes many people who wish to buy a house outside of a HD further out.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:59 AM

155 posts, read 134,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

KSHE knows everything about any subject. She is the interior designer and former small town preservation board member who is smarter then nearly everyone else in this country. She is quick to tell others they should move when in reality she should move..to China or N Korea where her views of limited property rights and "your property belongs to everyone and the government" would be met with open arms.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
KSHE knows everything about any subject. She is the interior designer and former small town preservation board member who is smarter then nearly everyone else in this country. She is quick to tell others they should move when in reality she should move..to China or N Korea where her views of limited property rights and "your property belongs to everyone and the government" would be met with open arms.
Dont presume to speak for me, thats infringing on that liberty thing you keep whining about.
You have absolutely no idea what I stand for or believe in.
Grow up.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Dont presume to speak for me, thats infringing on that liberty thing you keep whining about.
You have absolutely no idea what I stand for or believe in.
Grow up.
When you tell people they should move out of houses they bought and paid for, rather then be presented with the option of being part of a HD I can gauge a pretty good idea of what you stand for. It is similar to someone saying "I am not for theft, but I do believe we should be allowed to break into vehicles and take things". Saying that person is close to being a thief would not be out of the realm of possibility by his statements.

I am going to copy the definition of libery again at the bottom of this post. Read it very very slowly (it is not long) as you don't seem to get it.

Liberty- The state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one's way of life.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
When you tell people they should move out of houses they bought and paid for, rather then be presented with the option of being part of a HD I can gauge a pretty good idea of what you stand for. It is similar to someone saying "I am not for theft, but I do believe we should be allowed to break into vehicles and take things". Saying that person is close to being a thief would not be out of the realm of possibility by his statements.

I am going to copy the definition of libery again at the bottom of this post. Read it very very slowly (it is not long) as you don't seem to get it.

Liberty- The state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one's way of life.
You are completely, totally clueless.
I have a feeling there is another agenda at play here, why not come right out with it?

Old 02-28-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
You are completely, totally clueless.
I have a feeling there is another agenda at play here, why not come right out with it?
What am I clueless about? What is my other agenda? That I am for freedom and liberty? How really un-American I am right?

Old 02-28-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
What am I clueless about? What is my other agenda? That I am for freedom and liberty? How really un-American I am right?
Theres something else here, its right under the surface.
Why else, as someone else pointed out so succinctly, would you be whining about a law enacted back in 06?
Do you think you can manage a reply without any ad hominems?

Old 02-28-2012, 12:38 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,239,271 times
There are NO property rights left when your local government can place huge taxes ($13,000 on my house, a standard colonial with under 1 acre) on your home, and confiscate it when you eventually can't pay, and the housing market has collapsed.

You just rent your home from the government, after paying many hundreds of thousands for the privilege to get in the game.

Also, the endless government micro-regulations of what you can do to fix up your own home are a joke. It's always been "buyer beware" and government has NEVER fixed a safety problem that I've seen in building my homes--but they have added tens of thousands in pointless costs just to prove how we must cow-tow to them and kiss their robes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies