Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2012, 10:12 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times

Advertisements

natalayjones "Work where".

LOL! Same as anyone else, apply until you are hired. No one graduates into a JOB. It does not land at their feet. They SEEK it.

While on the dole, I'd like to see people cleaning parks in return for food. Or like work on public property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 10:13 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Can you give us an actual plan that doesn't involve the kids suffering? If you cutoff WIC, the kids can't eat.
Yes I can. It's called the USG drastically cutting aid to future WIC recipients. It's called Tough Love.....when you show up and there's no money for your irresponsible actions, then the notion is that you shouldn't be irresponsible anymore.

It's called stopping a revolving door. Someone has to stop it. It's amazing to me that none of you want to stop the door.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:14 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I for one think that babies are going to be born welfare or not. I wonder what percentage of babies would not be born if all welfare was stopped.

Look at Africa, poverty is rampant and very little government assistance but the birth rate is out of control. It's ignorance, not welfare that causes poor women to have babies.
Part of the reason is because the US government (under Bush) refused to provide foreign aid (that was stolen by rulers) if there was any type of birth control used.

The same can easily happen in the US.
Crazed controlling religious and conservative whackos want to end birth control and reproductive choices for women.

Then they whine about paying for the support of those born.

Personally, I believe that if you're on assistance, that the norplant be used for all females receiving benefits. Sucks that it happens to women, but that's simply biological.

The cons never look at the results of their boneheaded decisions based on their own immorality.

3,490 posts, read 3,792,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Personal responsibility is a philosophy that some participate in more than others. Until it is legislated that we all have a certain level of it...........(seems like 'freedom' would vanish @ this point)

Kids with malnutrition, and grocery stores getting looted/burglarized/shoplifted doesn't sound like the way it should be, but whatever.

Being poor enough to be on WIC is enough of a consequence.
Actually we have that now, with WIC and other programs like it.

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
natalayjones "Work where".

LOL! Sameas anyone else, apply until you are hired. No one graduates into a JOB. It does not land at their feet. They SEEK it.
Oh ok I wasn't aware it was that easy to get jobs these days. Especially for the unskilled and uneducated, which honestly are usually the core of the generational poverty cycle.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
How do you prevent them from not getting pregnant. Simply telling them not to isn't working.
When the USG subsidizes everything, there is NO risk! When there's risk involved, then people's actions adjust accordingly. Why is this so hard to understand? When there's no money to pay for bad decisons, the bad decisions become alot more risky to the individual. They bear the burden, not the government!

Old 02-26-2012, 10:16 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
So this "consequence" you speak of is the price of being a taxpayer? You just turn your head to millions of American's being personally irresponsible? We shouldn't expect moral or cultural norms to be adjusted when we see the nation sliding into one big pit of irresponsibility?
Lets try it from this angle. You say that people should not have kids if they can't afford them. You say that they should have personal responsibility. How can you legislate that? What law should we enact that will ensure personal responsibility? what should happen to the person who breaks it? What happens to kid as a result?

Old 02-26-2012, 10:16 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Like I said, natalay, until getting paying jobs, let them clean parks in return for food. They will be providing a useful service for a useful product, a win win.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Part of the reason is because the US government (under Bush) refused to provide foreign aid (that was stolen by rulers) if there was any type of birth control used.

The same can easily happen in the US.
Crazed controlling religious and conservative whackos want to end birth control and reproductive choices for women.

Then they whine about paying for the support of those born.

Personally, I believe that if you're on assistance, that the norplant be used for all females receiving benefits. Sucks that it happens to women, but that's simply biological.

The cons never look at the results of their boneheaded decisions based on their own immorality.
This is the biggest lie i've ever seen perpetrated on City Data. George W. Bush was known as the "Condom President" in Africa because he poured BILLIONS of dollars into birth control on the continent.

It infuriates me to see so many lies pushed by the left. OUTRIGHT LIES!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28605888...legacy-africa/

Old 02-26-2012, 10:19 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
When the USG subsidizes everything, there is NO risk! When there's risk involved, then people's actions adjust accordingly. Why is this so hard to understand? When there's no money to pay for bad decisons, the bad decisions become alot more risky to the individual. They bear the burden, not the government!
We keep telling you that it won't work. Some of the poorest countries in this world have the highest birthrates. You are under this illusion that people will all of sudden stop having kids because their check gets taken away. We have the death penalty in this country and yet that hasn't stop people from being murdered. You say they will bear the burden, which means kids will suffer, are you ok with that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies