Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2012, 12:11 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Yeah, your $0.0005 you will contribute to them really gives you the right to dictate how they live their lives. Mmkay, if you say so!
One makes up their own mind how they want to live their lives.

Filthy animals who don't care about themselves or their children should be left to the streets.

They are not my responsibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 12:13 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
You see, we don't care if you use contraceptives or not.

We just expect people to pay for their own.

Every child IS a blessing.

Yet another leftie loon who is being intellectually dishonest. You say that because we expect people to provide for themselves, we're against it.

Keep the government out of the bedroom, right?
Maybe you don't but it's been GOP staples to be anti-planned parenthood, anti-abortion and anti-contraception (just look at all the attacks on Obama from the right)
It's very hypocritical that the right wingers are against giving women the tools to make intelligent, responsible decisions, then when they get their wish, complain these people are a bunch of lazy bums popping out kids left and right

You can bet if a hard right religious loon like Santorum ever became president, the attacks on women's options to intelligent decision making would be at levels we've never seen, the population level from new births would explode, and the taxpayer would be left to flip the bill. I'm sure we would also see the right wingers pass legislation to spend like maniacs on all the new welfare from these "gifts from god"

Old 02-27-2012, 12:13 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,345,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Re-read the thread, if you dare. You might just find out what my "proposal" is. I've said it many times.

We all know you're not interested in the hard truth. You'd rather flit about giving everyone the benefit of the doubt that their birth control failed...they didnt have access to Planned Parenthood....blah blah blah.

You have ZERO interest in promoting personal responsitbility in America. Why don't you just say it?

I beleive even YOU understand the fallacies of your own excuses.
Sorry, I didn't realize that I had to specify "reasonable" proposal. Cutting the program entirely isn't reasonable. What proof do you have that eliminating the WIC program will result in the decrease of unplanned pregnancies?

I would wait for the answers, but you yet to provide any answers at all in this thread so I don't want to waste my time.

And I would ask where in my posts do I have "zero interest in promoting personal responsibility in America", but again, I forget you like to hyperbolize everything so won't bother. If you REALLY want to know my true position on things like WIC, SNAP, etc, all you have to do is ask me. You may be surprised...(or not, b/c you seem to know all the answers )

Old 02-27-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Nice deflection.

What's your opinion on 8.9 million citizens willing exercising the height of personal irresponsibility? Any comment on that?

When can we expect Liberals to start railing against those who are dragging this nation down?
Exactly!

If these leftie programs worked, shouldn't there be fewer people suckling on societies teat every year? Especially with 0b0mbas great recovery!

Democrats.....ideas so good, you're forced at the end of a gun to contribute!

Old 02-27-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:

Filthy animals who don't care about themselves or their children should be left to the streets.

Ah, so now people who seek aid are animals. We're getting closer to what your ilk really think about the poor.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:15 PM

3,244 posts, read 7,448,554 times
Quote:
We have a 100% volunteer military.

They know the deal going in.

No WIC, welfare, Food Stamps or any other social benefits for those folks either.

Sorry.

Live within your means.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
This reminds me of the first Gulf war..... all the people/women crying and showing their babies, as their reserve husbands were shipped overseas....
They didn't seem to mind taking the paychecks, as reservists, for years, from the government, but now, oh no! they are called into action. Actually, I would have given them the option out, to not serve, if they payed backed every nickel, plus interest that they ever received from the military.
People need to understand the consequences of their actions, including those that are popping out babies with no concern.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:17 PM

Okay, just so we're up to speed, we're now criticizing the brave men and women who volunteer to serve in the same military that many conservatives are so hyped up to fund at the detriment of other programs?? You people are so funny (and THANKFULLY, so, so few)

Old 02-27-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
When it keeps innocent children - who already exist and didn't choose their family situation - alive, fed & healthy? Yes, I absolutely do support such a program... and you guys call yourselves the party that supports life? How sadly ironic!

P.S. I'm a taxpayer too, in fact my family as a whole pays more taxes than most people earn annually - and we have no problem with a few of our pennies going to feed less fortunate children.
Geez....you're all heart!

I guess that your "charitable contributions" on your tax return are snickered at by you accountant.

In case you don't understand....

char·i·ty (chr-t)n. pl. char·i·ties 1. Provision of help or relief to the poor; almsgiving.
2. Something given to help the needy; alms.
3. An institution, organization, or fund established to help the needy.
4. Benevolence or generosity toward others or toward humanity.
5. Indulgence or forbearance in judging others. See Synonyms at mercy.
6. often Charity Christianity The theological virtue defined as love directed first toward God but also toward oneself and one's neighbors as objects of God's love.

Hmmmm....not one word about paying higher taxes!

Old 02-27-2012, 12:18 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,606,632 times
Quote:

Actually, they are your responsibility. They are everyone's responsibility.

The question for society is one of how to help them, not whether to help them.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:19 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,393,250 times
Quote:
In 2011, approximately 8.9 MILLION families received WIC assistance.

WIC is intended to help pregnant, postpartum, breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to age 5.

The following foods are available to assisted families:

Frequently Asked Questions

Common sense and personal responsibility dictates that you do NOT have children when you can't afford the most basic necessities, such as food. We're not talking hi-tech nurseries, the lastest stroller, or name-brand diapers. We're talking FOOD!!

Someone, anyone tell me: How can 8.9 million people (men and women) be so amazingly irresponsible to bring children in the world and then have to immediately get in line for FOOD assistance??!

Abortion is not the answer either, for the obtuse who might spew pro-abortion tripe. We're talking about NOT creating the child in the first place.

This is the height of Personal Irresponsibility in America. And it's disgusting!
A program for families that shouldn't have children? That makes sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies