Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 08:46 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times

Advertisements

Tea party = gays bad, prostitutes good

Tea Party Nation: Same-Sex Marriage 'Will Become One More Factor In The Destruction Of America' | ThinkProgress
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 08:49 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The same tea party idiots who defend this john are the same ones who condemn gays and gay marriage.

Hypocrite much
Are we defending him because of his tea party relationship or is that why you're attacking him? I'm not actually defending him. Several of us have simply stated that it should be legal for consenting adults to pay to have sex. People do this all the time with drinks and gifts. Doing it the prostitution way cuts through the BS and gets right to the point. If the prostitute was a minor then this whole post would have gone differently. If it was a Democratic party politician then you'd be the one defending him.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:52 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
ThinkProgress = Biased bull**** I'm not going to bother reading.

I'm in the Tea Party, I don't know anyone in our group who has ever been against gays in any way. We also support prostitution because we've got to figure out some way to drag these ******* virgins out their parent's basements and get them laid.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:58 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,171,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
But I thought they were all law abiding citizens?

This is going to be a good thread to watch....I wonder how many.."this person's actions don't represent the whole" comments we will see?
Meh, it's a nothingburger, sodomy was against the law in Tennessee yet people still practiced it.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:30 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
A little consistency would be nice. In the other thread the liberals are arguing that prostitution should be legal and hurts nobody. Now it's a crime.

I stated prostitution is exploitation and I stand by that position. These guys were wrong, but they hardly represent all Tea Party members. I'm sure there are plenty of Democrats who don't want to be lumped into the same category as Sean Penn either.

Another point - the Tea Party are primarily concerned with fiscal matters. They want limited government. Thats a pro-prostitution position indirectly. I don't remember hearing them take a family values position. As long as he was paying for sex with his dime and he's not married, he's not done anything inconsistent with his ideology. For all we know he and his buddy had a coupon. A penny saved is a penny earned. :grin:

When Santorum gets busted start a thread. If you think prostitution is wrong or exploitive, then you have the right to judge these guys. If you think it's not wrong and should be legal, then the only logical position is to defend these guys as victims.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:15 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,067,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
ThinkProgress = Biased bull**** I'm not going to bother reading.

I'm in the Tea Party, I don't know anyone in our group who has ever been against gays in any way. We also support prostitution because we've got to figure out some way to drag these ******* virgins out their parent's basements and get them laid.
Seldom does anything on the Interweb make me actually LOL but that did the trick! Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies