Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 11:41 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,798,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
sad, isnt it.

Note the Ops "these laws work" comment, as if laws control all human behavior.

Fox news of course. A + B always equals C...their view, and their view only is the "correct" one.
That sound you all just heard, was the meaning of my comments passing far over DOM's head with room to spare.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 11:41 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,222,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
very true it is sleazy. but politicians being who they are, will attempt to push through as many laws as they can to push their agenda, no matter how bad the tragedy is.
I don't see any politicians in here. I expect politicians to be opportunistic and sleazy, I expect a little more from the rest of us.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:42 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,220,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
I don't see any politicians in here. I expect politicians to be opportunistic and sleazy, I expect a little more from the rest of us.

there are probably a few politicians in here, with 1 million+ posters, at least or more are probably a tax stealing scum sucker of a politician.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:43 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,310,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
This must be a mistaken report. There is a law that makes bringing a gun to this school illegal. And I'm sure that anybody considering committing mass murder, wouldn't dare break such a law. So nobody could have done it.

These laws work. Why else would the government keep making more and more of them?
I'll give you this much: at least you waited for the blood to dry before snarkily politicizing a tragedy.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:51 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,953,252 times
Sad...I don't get the gun crazy people. Why should students be allowed to bring guns to school? . People break rules and laws all the time, does that mean we should get rid of them all? Murder is against the law, yet people are murdered every day. Sexual assault is against the law, yet people are sexually assaulted daily. Public nudity is against the law (although it hurts no one). Robbery is against the law...I could go on. Funny, the same people who think that students should be able to bring guns to school think two gay people shouldn't be able to get married among other things...smh

Old 02-27-2012, 11:51 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,620,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
lol. Little Acorn ur a legend in your own little mind. your name speaks your agenda since 2008.

HINT: If you want more readers on your posts edit the name palin. She's deadwood.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:52 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,353,692 times
Quote:
actually, a good thing to do would be to let the teachers and staff plus parents that are alw abiding to carry concealed when they do go to school or are teaching in the school.

after all, in order to protect the children from all the criminals that do not follow the law, we do need teachers that will use a firerm when it is necessary.

it is for the children.
Armchair quarterbacking is always wonderful.

Putting more guns in a situation only works when you are 100% certain who the good guy and the bad guy is. Having a room full of people with some or many armed doesn't work - as nobody knows who is who, just someone has a gun, you and others.

Staff, Teachers and parents go off the deep end too. (And I am sure many teachers are glad that most parents are not armed)

From reading the writings of some on this board, the only answer in the above situation (room with many people who are armed) would be "shoot the minority".

Last edited by plannine; 02-27-2012 at 12:02 PM..

Old 02-27-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I'll give you this much: at least you waited for the blood to dry before snarkily politicizing a tragedy.

please dont act all innocent. both the democrats and republicans have done their best to politicize any tragedy to fit their agenda.

both are wrong for doing so, and both sides are scum suckers for doing so as well.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Armchair quarterbacking is always wonderful.

Putting more guns in a situation only works when you are 100% certain who the good guy and the bad guy is. Having a room full of people with some or many armed doesn't work - as nobody knows who is who, just someone has a gun. Staff, Teachers and parents go off the deep end too. (And I am sure many teachers are glad that most parents are not armed)

From reading the writings of some on this board, the only answer in the above situation (room with many people who are armed) would be "shoot the minority".

I will guess by your post you did not read the part about law abiding?

Old 02-27-2012, 12:08 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,353,692 times
Quote:
I will guess by your post you did not read the part about law abiding?
In a room full of people - some armed, in a split second, how do you know which is the law abiding one? All you see are others with guns. Was it a teacher with their gun in self defense or a parent with other issues shooting?

Again, nothing like armchair quarterbacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies