Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 10:41 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
As do black kids, as do hispanic kids, as do muslim kids (though sometimes they use suicide vests). In each of these instances those doing the mass killings are usually males. Females on the otherhand generally take one innocent life at a time via abortion.

thread killing......
Oh please, let's not try to pretend that the VAST majority of men don't breathe a sigh of relief when their girlfriend decides to abort.

And if you want to tie abortion into school shootings, I would think school shootings would rise if abortion were banned. Nothing like adding a bunch of unloved, unwanted children with a chip on their shoulder into the mix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 10:42 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Why do these "beast" and "animals" take guns to school and indiscriminately shoot their fellow classmates? And why do suburban parents, when interviewed, never fail to mention that such things never happen like this in their nice communities?

1 dead, 4 wounded in shooting at Cleveland-area high school
There was nothing indiscriminate about this situation. This kid targeted specific classmates.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:46 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,117 times
This is proof that we are going about the bullying epedemic all wrong. Instead of feel good talk we not to start punishing bullies. Bullies need to be physically punished (including torture) and humiliated. The bullied victim should be able to participate in the punishment. The goal should be to absolutely crush the bullying spirit in bullies and to show them that they are not dominant like they think they are.

My ideas might sound extreme but I would argue being bullied is extreme. Something needs to be done or incidents like this will keep happening.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:13 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Oh please, let's not try to pretend that the VAST majority of men don't breathe a sigh of relief when their girlfriend decides to abort.

And if you want to tie abortion into school shootings, I would think school shootings would rise if abortion were banned. Nothing like adding a bunch of unloved, unwanted children with a chip on their shoulder into the mix.
You missed the point completely. It was about segments of the population who kill. Figure it out as this is not an abortion thread.

Back on topic:

Lots of warning signs with this kid and all appeared to have gone unheeded:

NDN PlaylistWidget

Old 02-28-2012, 01:35 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
This is proof that we are going about the bullying epedemic all wrong. Instead of feel good talk we not to start punishing bullies. Bullies need to be physically punished (including torture) and humiliated. The bullied victim should be able to participate in the punishment. The goal should be to absolutely crush the bullying spirit in bullies and to show them that they are not dominant like they think they are.

My ideas might sound extreme but I would argue being bullied is extreme. Something needs to be done or incidents like this will keep happening.
Great, watch the bullies unleash their anger after being tortured.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:40 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
bizarre---- tons of gangbangers in public school lots of 9mm pants down, but i never see one of them go on a rampage always a wasp kid.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:47 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
bizarre---- tons of gangbangers in public school lots of 9mm pants down, but i never see one of them go on a rampage always a wasp kid.
Gangbangers spread their killings out. One guy this week, another one this week.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:19 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
There was a very badly presented story last week about a 10 year old shooting a classmate in school. The headline was completely misleading. It turned out the boy wanted to run away from his home, I think his mother was dead and he was staying with an uncle and wanted to go back to his grandmothers. So he stole a gun from the uncle and had it loaded and cocked in a backpack and took it to school. He put the gun down on a bench and it went off shooting a girl. A tragedy and this kid is responsible( I'd charge the uncle too for not having secured his firearm) but it wasn't intentional.
I always said, people today are more fragile emotionally than they were years ago. We tolerate more aberrant behavior, make it more acceptable to emotionally abuse people( internet), just as long as it isn't physical( we'll sue). And we promote getting upset over imagined or real slights. So society is becoming schizo and more prone to react violently with less self control.
Years ago if somebody acted like a geek they'd be taunted and would either stop acting that way, endure it, or they'd haul off and hit the person harrassing them. Maybe they'd get beaten up, maybe not. Now its okay to tease the person non stop online and in person, maybe even more online. No physical interaction is allowed, zero tolerance no matter who deserves it or not. So people explode. it doesn't help that social skills are declining so quickly.
This is a tragedy and we should be thinking about the victims, their families ( yes,including the shooter). Gun control on either side of the argument should be way back in anyones mind.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:58 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post

He didn't even go to the school, how exactly was he bullied?

Old 02-28-2012, 07:13 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,372 times
As if things can't get any worse for the people of Chardon local radio (I live in NE Ohio) reported that the Westboro Baptist scumbags are coming to town to harrass everyone attending the funerals.

Seriously... there has to be a way to prevent this.

Obviously, violence is out as that is exactly what they want (no matter how satisfying it would be) and they will no doubt force the police to protect them anyway and it ain't worth going to jail and getting sued. Any ideas? Has anyone successfully barred them from their area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies