Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 12:19 PM

753 posts, read 843,236 times

Advertisements

While many like to pontificate on how our Founding Fathers did things, most of them feel they must overlook the overriding theme of our Founders.

Liberty.

Many more want freedom for themselves but regulation for others.

Neither of the two major parties promote liberty. They want more and more of our personal lives regulated.

Have you ever stopped to think about how many restrictions and regulations are currently placed on your personal liberty at the local, state and national level?

In the past, I have voted Dem because I didn't care for the proposals of the GOP to continue infringing on my social liberties. The Dems, of course, infringe upon my economic liberties.

What gives? When will this end?

Congressman/Dr./Vet Ron Paul has taught me so much this election cycle.

FREEDOM IS POPULAR!!! Seize it!

The GOP & DNC don't want us to have personal liberty. They can't control us when we have true liberty.

How can we stop this out-of-control train??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 12:22 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,393,250 times
Rhetorical nonsense.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggydais View Post
It happens in such small increments people are oblivious.
People are also uncomfortable with personal responsibility due to the increase in government interference in our private lives.
It is about dependence not Independence. Right now there is way too much dependence on Government handouts and the nanny state telling us what is good and bad.
Good points. Folks are very comfortable with being sheep.

The DNC is for 'helping those in need' financially by taxing others and the GOP is for making folks act with 'moral family values'. Both usurp what our Founders came here for.

Neither want smaller government!! The GOP can just drop that line of BS from their platform.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:59 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcolaFLGuy View Post
Good points. Folks are very comfortable with being sheep.

The DNC is for 'helping those in need' financially by taxing others and the GOP is for making folks act with 'moral family values'. Both usurp what our Founders came here for.

Neither want smaller government!! The GOP can just drop that line of BS from their platform.
They can't drop that part of things since the Dems are the very opposite of it. I think you are a Libertarian and that makes for great ideas but little that will really work for a government.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:00 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,665,184 times
Because she is several stories tall and can swing that torch like a battle ax

Old 02-27-2012, 02:08 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
While many like to pontificate on how our Founding Fathers did things, most of them feel they must overlook the overriding theme of our Founders.

Liberty.

That was the original idea of liberty.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Because she is several stories tall and can swing that torch like a battle ax
touche

Old 02-27-2012, 02:43 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
People are not afraid of liberty. Rather, they are allergic to the personal responsibilty/accountability required to maintain and defend her.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:52 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:

Liberty.

Neither of the two major parties promote liberty. They want more and more of our personal lives regulated.

Have you ever stopped to think about how many restrictions and regulations are currently placed on your personal liberty at the local, state and national level?

In the past, I have voted Dem because I didn't care for the proposals of the GOP to continue infringing on my social liberties. The Dems, of course, infringe upon my economic liberties.

What gives? When will this end?

Congressman/Dr./Vet Ron Paul has taught me so much this election cycle.

FREEDOM IS POPULAR!!! Seize it!

The GOP & DNC don't want us to have personal liberty. They can't control us when we have true liberty.

How can we stop this out-of-control train??
I think the bottom line answer is that humas are fearful creatures who crave security. Liberals and conservatives have different fears, so they project those fears out onto the population at large by regulating behavior by force of law.

Both political parties (and the people behind the scenes who fund them) use these different fears to exert control over the population. Power is addictive and the elites can never get enough of it. Their ultimate goal is a one world dictatorship. They get the people of the world to voluntarily give up their liberties step by step until there are none left.

You might want to check out the following people on google or YouTube for more info:

David Icke
Michael Tsarion
Sonia Barrett

....and there are others as well.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:54 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
Americans are just used to being slaves of the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies