Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 04:41 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
The vaccine-pushing, disease scare-mongering agency known as the CDC has put out a stunning piece of propaganda attacking fresh milk (raw dairy), claiming it is "150 times more dangerous" than pasteurized milk. This is all part of their anti-American agenda to crush food freedom and criminalize fundamental farming practices upon which this very nation was founded.

Pasteurized milk 150 times more contaminated with blood, pus and feces than fresh milk - videos the CDC won't show you

Hormones in milk can be dangerous
Thats right Pus Yummy! Antibiotics and lets not forget the commercial ones who fed cows to cows to cut feed costs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 04:43 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post
Thanks for posting this. The Gov is out there trying to crush the small farmer. There have been arrests for farmers selling raw milk. We have been drinking raw milk for many years. In Florida, it is labeled: "not for human consumption", but we buy it, drink it and have never been sick yet. It comes from grass fed cows that receive no antibiotics or hormones.
It tastes better, looks better and is better for you than the hormone infused crap you buy in the grocery store.
Check this out: If You Want More Local Food, Stop Criminalizing Family Farmers (http://www.localsustainability.net/2012/01/if-you-want-more-local-food-stop-criminalizing-family-farmers/ - broken link)

We need to be calling out elected officials and let them know we want them to stay out of our small family farming. Commercial different story.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:07 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Thats right Pus Yummy! Antibiotics and lets not forget the commercial ones who fed cows to cows to cut feed costs!
The government made them stop doing that because of mad cow disease.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:12 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,294,983 times
Quote:
If I want to buy raw milk from my neighbor who has 300 cows, then it is none of the federal goverments business. maybe at a minimum it is the states business, but sure as hell not the feds.
I agree, I love raw milk and think it's ludicrous not to be able to buy raw milk or cream from a farmer without having to sign some stupid form saying that is for "animal consumption only." If I chose to take the risk inherent in raw milk, that should be my choice. If the local farmer wants to sell it to me, then that is his choice.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:42 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
I agree, I love raw milk and think it's ludicrous not to be able to buy raw milk or cream from a farmer without having to sign some stupid form saying that is for "animal consumption only." If I chose to take the risk inherent in raw milk, that should be my choice. If the local farmer wants to sell it to me, then that is his choice.
That's right. People just don't understand the concept of "community pressure."

Your local farmer in your community is not going to harm you. It is not in his best interest. For him to take short-cuts leads only to personal and financial ruin for himself, and the wrath and ire of the community, not to mention the potential of criminal liability (as in jail-time).

The Big Agro-Corporation doesn't give a damn about you.

They can take short-cuts, because for all intents and practical purposes, they are immune to personal and financial ruin. They have deep pockets and coffers of money to defend; to hire media managers; to hire public relations firms; to blitz the media with advertising and propaganda to their favor; to hire attorneys; to hire consultants; and to bribe their way out of any mess they get themselves into.

And as a corporation they are generally exempt from any criminal liability.

I'll take my real milk any day of the week, if for no other reason that the path from the farmer to me is shorter, rather than from the farmer to the wholesaler to the processor to the other wholesaler to the retailer to me.

Agreeing....

Mircea

Old 02-27-2012, 05:47 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
The vaccine-pushing, disease scare-mongering agency known as the CDC has put out a stunning piece of propaganda attacking fresh milk (raw dairy), claiming it is "150 times more dangerous" than pasteurized milk. This is all part of their anti-American agenda to crush food freedom and criminalize fundamental farming practices upon which this very nation was founded.

Pasteurized milk 150 times more contaminated with blood, pus and feces than fresh milk - videos the CDC won't show you

Hormones in milk can be dangerous

Old 02-27-2012, 05:48 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
what does estrogen in milk have to do with pasteurization, or lack thereof?
They pump the cows full of hormones.
Too much estrogen can cause cancer.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:03 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Cancer and I'm getting one impressive chest!

Milk, does a body good.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:26 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
and what does that have to do with pasteurization?

Old 02-27-2012, 06:29 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
and what does that have to do with pasteurization?
Ever hear of Google?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies