Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 10:05 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
"Others who are not truely attracted to women are in fact in afraid of it. Hence, the term homophobic is validated."

How I interpret this is, if I decline/do not accept or am afraid to kiss a guy that I could possibly be gay.

If that's not what hes trying to get across then it needs to be rephrased.
decline =/= afraid.

People who spend a lot of time preoccupied with what other people are doing sexually are what is being talked about.

If the shoe doesn't fit, don't try to force it on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 10:19 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,058,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
I really have no use for your psycho-babble. Tell it to someone who cares and buys into that type of mumbo-jumbo. If you're too weak to control yourself for a few minutes then that's your issue, not mine.
Human emotion is "mumbo-jumbo"? People expressing feelings of love is psycho-babble? Seriously? I don't think you need to be a psychologist to understand your position is ridiculous.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:12 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,951,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Because guys secure with their sexuality are not phased by 2 other guys kissing. My obscenely straight coworker kissed me on a dare. And no he's not even remotely close to being gay, he's obsessed with women and has a family.

He's just VERY secure with his sexuality and is not phased by gays.

People like you are obviously very insecure and have to demonize gay people to somehow validate your sexuality and convince yourself you don't have hidden same-sex attractions.

Your continuous insistence that people who don't agree with your way of thinking are closet homosexuals is so ridiculous it is pathetic. I am neither insecure with my sexuality and I damn sure do not have same sex attractions. That is a complete turnoff for me. It is disgusting in my book. You can kiss and screw other men if you want, but don't try to convince people that it is normal in any way. It is not. Your exteremly straight coworker is the closet homosexual.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:20 AM

753 posts, read 843,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
It is disgusting in my book.
That's the point. Things that 'disgust' people are an issue with that person, not the people that disgust them.

I know some white folks still 'disgusted' by black and latinos. I've heard several use your exact quote when discussing persons of a different race (especially interracial relationships).

"but don't try to convince people that it is normal in any way. It is not."

Old 03-01-2012, 11:24 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,951,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
I wouldn't know since I don't plan on kissing another guy. I'm not afraid of it because I'm not going to do it.

So I'm not truly attracted to women because I don't want to kiss a guy?

Jesus Christ. That makes so much sense.

You are right. Homosexuality evidently effects their brains too.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:46 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Human emotion is "mumbo-jumbo"? People expressing feelings of love is psycho-babble? Seriously? I don't think you need to be a psychologist to understand your position is ridiculous.
Most human emotion is nothing more than chemical reaction and largely self-regulated. Some humans have little control of their impulses and are unsuitable for certain occupations. Your position is the one that's ridiculous. Now go read another pop-psychology book and watch some daytime TV to validate your beliefs.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:19 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
Most human emotion is nothing more than chemical reaction and largely self-regulated. Some humans have little control of their impulses and are unsuitable for certain occupations. Your position is the one that's ridiculous. Now go read another pop-psychology book and watch some daytime TV to validate your beliefs.
Lol... yeah, ok.

The poster you're referring to is engaging in "pop psychology" while your analysis of future job performance and suitability for certain occupations based on post-war homecoming reactions is.... based on.... what?

Oh. That's right. You pulled that one right out of your @ss.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:38 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Lol... yeah, ok.

The poster you're referring to is engaging in "pop psychology" while your analysis of future job performance and suitability for certain occupations based on post-war homecoming reactions is.... based on.... what?

Oh. That's right. You pulled that one right out of your @ss.
Dopamine linked to a personality trait and happiness

Serotonin effect

You can read these while you pull your foot out of your mouth. When you're done, feel free to google some more.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:24 PM

567 posts, read 1,012,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Your continuous insistence that people who don't agree with your way of thinking are closet homosexuals is so ridiculous it is pathetic. I am neither insecure with my sexuality and I damn sure do not have same sex attractions. That is a complete turnoff for me. It is disgusting in my book. You can kiss and screw other men if you want, but don't try to convince people that it is normal in any way. It is not. Your exteremly straight coworker is the closet homosexual.

I agree. I don't understand the concept of me kissing another guy or doing anything homosexual to convince someone of my sexual security.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:51 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
Dopamine linked to a personality trait and happiness

Serotonin effect

You can read these while you pull your foot out of your mouth. When you're done, feel free to google some more.
Your links and your proposition that "some people have no self control and are unsuitable for certain positions" has no bearing on this thread. Are you suggesting that the individuals exhibiting happiness has a "happiness disorder?"

Seriously, City-Data is filled with some major tools.

And by the way, the proposition that those that exhibit the strongest negative feelings toward homosexuality are suffering from sexuality confusion and/or latent homosexuality is ALSO a well documented psychological theory, posited by real-life psychologists who got their degrees from somewhere else other than the University of Wikipedia and Google.

Want to learn more? Google it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies