Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 03:45 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,177,213 times

Advertisements

^How so? Nobody working or retiring in the public sector gets "free" healthcare. Why should you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
There is a huge huge difference between a union job that rapes our tax coffers and a Sargents pay grade.
Not really. At the end of the day, they're both paid for by Ma and Pa taxpayer. The biggest difference is that the union costs a hell of a lot less.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:17 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Why should military personnel be exempt from the realities of rising healthcare costs? 95% of all military personnel will eventually rejoin the civilian ranks. They should get used to the economic issues facing the average citizen, no?
As I pointed out above, 0bama is spending billions of dollars to bailout private retirement pensions, and handing our 0bamacare waivers like party favors, while increasing the costs for our retired veterans health care and pensions. Apparently the only ones not exempt to 0bama is the military.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:20 PM

1,386 posts, read 1,559,203 times
Quote:
^How so? Nobody working or retiring in the public sector gets "free" healthcare. Why should you?
Yeah your full of ****. Also, liked I said earlier "nothing is free".

Hide - Pamphlets
Quote:
Health benefits for retired State Police Officers

Coverage and eligibility criteria for the Retired Pennsylvania State Police Program (RPSPP) are negotiated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the Pennsylvania State Troopers Association (PSTA). SERS does not participate is these negotiations.

Additional coverage

In addition to hospital, surgical/medical, major medical and dental coverage, at retirement, you and your eligible dependents may also be eligible for prescription drug benefits as follows:

State Police Officers who retired from July 1, 1973 through June 30, 1995, are eligible for the prescription drug benefit provided by Medco.

State Police Officers who retire after July 1, 1995 are eligible to continue the prescription drug plan benefit provided to them as active employees, which at present, is provided by Express Scripts, Inc. (ESI).
If you retired prior to July 1, 1995, and you have any questions regarding the retiree prescription drug card plan, including questions on eligibility requirements and the mail-order prescription drug plan, contact Medco by calling 1-800-899-2674 . If you retired on or after July 1, 1995 and you have similar questions, you should call ESI at 1-800-467-2006.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
As I pointed out above, 0bama is spending billions of dollars to bailout private retirement pensions, and handing our 0bamacare waivers like party favors, while increasing the costs for our retired veterans health care and pensions. Apparently the only ones not exempt to 0bama is the military.
Obama himself can't spend a dime. All appropriations are made by Congress. As well, the national budget is also passed by them. "Obamacare", regardless of its fancy personalized moniker, was passed by Congress also. It really doesn't take a genius to notice that the GOP dominated House has done little to stop anything that you appear to be complaining about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa1984 View Post
Yeah your full of ****. Also, liked I said earlier "nothing is free".
I guess you didn't see/get the meaning of the quotation marks...

Instead of throwing out epithets, why don't you attempt to justify why a military veteran deserves socialized, paid-in-full healthcare benefits when the average tax-paying citizen does not?

Old 03-01-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
How so? All retirement benefits that are granted employees have eligibility requirements. Not to mention like I said in that post "nothing is free".

Quote:
Obama himself can't spend a dime. All appropriations are made by Congress. As well, the national budget is also passed by them. "Obamacare", regardless of its fancy personalized moniker, was passed by Congress also. It really doesn't take a genius to notice that the GOP dominated House has done little to stop anything that you appear to be complaining about.
The President sets the agenda for his political party so yes Obama can be blamed for setting, supporting, and signing into law legislation passed by Congress. As far as Obamacare goes whether you are for it or against it the GOP is challenging it in court which makes sense since they lack the votes in congress to do anything about it let alone override a presidential veto.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:

Instead of throwing out epithets, why don't you attempt to justify why a military veteran deserves socialized, paid-in-full healthcare benefits when the average tax-paying citizen does not?
Well since you edited your post. They paid into the insurance. Were guaranteed those benefits if they did 20 years or more of service. As far as the average tax paying citizen not having those benefits is because they didn't do **** to earn them. If you don't understand the concept of having to earn something there isn't really anything to discuss. If you want single payer healthcare you can make an argument for and against that. Depriving Veterans of the benefits they have been promised for years because the average citizen doesn't get those benefits is just being an *******.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:38 AM

1,081 posts, read 916,078 times
Quote:

Because retired veterans earned free health care. And why are you crying about vets? Go to your local hospital waiting room, its full of people getting free health care that have contributed nothing to society.
Veterans write a blank check to this country, payable with their life.
Hard for you to comprehend, I'm sure.
You shoulda manned up and joined, my friend! lol

Old 03-02-2012, 11:42 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Because retired veterans earned free health care. And why are you crying about vets? Go to your local hospital waiting room, its full of people getting free health care that have contributed nothing to society.
Veterans write a blank check to this country, payable with their life.
Hard for you to comprehend, I'm sure.
You shoulda manned up and joined, my friend! lol
Health care at local hospitals are free? I have insurance and received a bill fromt he Hospital totally over $1,000 for costs my insurance didn't cover. That doesn't sound like free to me. Why do you put lol at the end of everyone of your sentences??

Old 03-02-2012, 04:04 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,911 times
I would not mind, but is there decrease in WIC, EIC, etc..etc..etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies