Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 03:43 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
I've read his book Decision Points and while I am sure it was meant to put him in a positive light, some of his contributions seemed very beneficial to the country, to minorities, and other groups. They just were overshadowed by Iraq and 9-11.
Please tell me you are joking....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 03:44 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
President Bush - even with all the faults I found with him - looks better and better the longer Obama is in the Oval Office.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:45 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
I think most people would much rather forget about him. Even Republicans get upset when you bring him up.
Aint that the truth. Want to make a conservative angry, remind them of George W. Bush and watch them try and either change the subject or start screaming "He isn't President anymore!"

Personally I think every wingnut that voted for that fool should be reminded of it daily.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:46 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,780,145 times
Nope. He was a traitor in office, and he's still a traitor.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:47 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Aint that the truth. Want to make a conservative angry, remind them of George W. Bush and watch them try and either change the subject or start screaming "He isn't President anymore!"

Personally I think every wingnut that voted for that fool should be reminded of it daily.
Same goes for any ******* who voted for Obama in 08.... like he is doing anything to fix the country

I voted for Nader and never would have considered Bush viable... my opinion of him is not positive, now or before

Old 02-28-2012, 03:49 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
I think there were a lot of people in 2008 with the general opinion that W was one of the worst presidents in our history. It helped contribute to Obama's election.

At the time W himself stated that history will judge him differently as the results of his policies would be seen only after he left office.

So has anyone's opinion of him changed and why?

I wasn't particularly a huge fan of his. I've read his book Decision Points and while I am sure it was meant to put him in a positive light, some of his contributions seemed very beneficial to the country, to minorities, and other groups. They just were overshadowed by Iraq and 9-11.
He was by far the worst president you can imagine, but I appreciate the fact that he has gone under ground and is holding his mouth shut. I guess he understands how bad he screwed up, and that the nation needs time to forget and forgive. I have not forgotten yet, as the country is still cleaning up his mess.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:49 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,030 times
1) failure to drastically cut the size and scope of the federal government while making tax cuts (failed to pay for expenditures)
Well keep in mind it isn't Republicans blocking the cutting of government. It is the Democrats for decades who have been giving away the treasury for the vote.

2) shifting objective from swiftly winning the war to un-funded nation building on the backs of US taxpayers while trying to win "hearts & minds" while also refusing to address terrorism funded by the long time family friends (a.k.a. Saudi Royal family).
They got rid of the dictator, but the nation was full of scum as a people IMO and to this day even Obama did nothing more either. I think it would have been better to go out early and just go in with troops to assasinate terrorist camps as they were found.
The Saudis are a two sided coin. On one side we have enemies (as you say) and on the other side we do have friendly friends on the other half.

3) Alan Greenspan as FED Head
I hate him.
Bush 1 used him, Clinton used him for 8 years and they Bush 2 did until he retired in shame.

4) destroying Captialism in order to save it (TARP)
I think he made a mistake there as well under the bad advise of people telling him the sky would fall tomorrow if we didn't do this yesterday.

5) Open borders policy
I agree, he was lousy on illegal immigration and the border.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:51 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He was by far the worst president you can imagine, but I appreciate the fact that he has gone under ground and is holding his mouth shut. I guess he understands how bad he screwed up, and that the nation needs time to forget and forgive.
No the worst was Carter with the misery index untill Obama came along.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:53 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
President Bush - even with all the faults I found with him - looks better and better the longer Obama is in the Oval Office.
We'd be better if the Oval Office was sitting empty than having Obama in it, IMO. YMMV

Old 02-28-2012, 03:54 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,951,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

And that is the truth if I ever heard it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies