Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2012, 05:08 PM

37,200 posts, read 19,200,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Wasn't the Bush family in business with the Bin Laden's since the 1940's? So how did Osama survive GW's entire presidency and then get's killed when Obama takes over?

Hmmm, I would say he was more than lending comfort and shelter to the enemy.
I'm still not certain there wasn't collusion on 9/11, and with Bush 41 on the board of Carlyle, I would add "war profiteering" to the charges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 05:16 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
My opinion changed for the better after reading Decision Points by GWB. In fact, book reviews on numerous websites have liberals coming forth and acknowledging that what they thought of GWB was a little too harsh compared to what they thought after reading his book. I, for one, appreciated their objectivity.

I think he's far better than the President we currently have. The abject failure of leadership of Obama stands in stark contrast to the positive leadership under GWB.
Prior to Obama, Jimmy Carter was the acknowleged "worst President". I don't know how anyone (uless they weren't living at the time) could say that Bush was worse than Carter. Nothing was worse than Carter before Obama.

Now, Obama easily is the owner of that title. Obama is far worse than Carter, and as my wife says, Jimmy Carter may have been stupid, but he wasn't evil. Obama is evil.

Obama has put the country in grave danger. He MUST be defeated. I'm afraid another four years of this idiot will spell the end of America as we have known it, and also the end of freedom for mankind. There is no other place on earth for us to go.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:23 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
No. I despised him then and I despise him now.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:31 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,171,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
I think there were a lot of people in 2008 with the general opinion that W was one of the worst presidents in our history. It helped contribute to Obama's election.

At the time W himself stated that history will judge him differently as the results of his policies would be seen only after he left office.

So has anyone's opinion of him changed and why?

I wasn't particularly a huge fan of his. I've read his book Decision Points and while I am sure it was meant to put him in a positive light, some of his contributions seemed very beneficial to the country, to minorities, and other groups. They just were overshadowed by Iraq and 9-11.
I doubt many could have done any better given the cirumstances of 911. Imagine if Obama was in the office then?

Old 02-28-2012, 05:33 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
I doubt many could have done any better given the cirumstances of 911. Imagine if Obama was in the office then?
We wouldn't have invaded the wrong country? I know, terrible thought.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:33 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Prior to Obama, Jimmy Carter was the acknowleged "worst President". I don't know how anyone (uless they weren't living at the time) could say that Bush was worse than Carter. Nothing was worse than Carter before Obama.

Now, Obama easily is the owner of that title. Obama is far worse than Carter, and as my wife says, Jimmy Carter may have been stupid, but he wasn't evil. Obama is evil.

Obama has put the country in grave danger. He MUST be defeated. I'm afraid another four years of this idiot will spell the end of America as we have known it, and also the end of freedom for mankind. There is no other place on earth for us to go.
This is not about Carter or Obama, but both were MUCH better presidents than Bush. "W" was a complete disaster in every possible way. NO ONE has damaged this nation more than Bush.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:38 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Too bad we can't just erase him and his presidency from US history-

WMD, indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
I think most people would much rather forget about him. Even Republicans get upset when you bring him up.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:42 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,062,627 times
Yes I now think he is smarter than Romeny!!

Old 02-28-2012, 05:42 PM

37,200 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Many Republicans on here claim they were critical of him. To be fair, they deny being Republicans, so I take their comments with a grain of salt.
It's hard to find anyone these days who wil confess to voting for W. I'm beginning to think either Jeb Bush rigged the whole thing, or W elected himself...

Old 02-28-2012, 05:43 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,156 times
GWB is probably one of the biggest failed leaders in the history of this country. Did he do a single thing right, that actually mattered, while he was in office?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies