Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 07:39 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,224,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaw1981 View Post
You are saying the vast majority did not come after the 1848 war? I don't have the facts to find right at this minute but I can get them too you. Most crossed after the war ended and the border was put in place of 2 nations. That is fact
For a little fun with demographics the following may prove of interest. There are more illegal aliens of Mexican origin residing within the Los Angeles city limits today, just LA alone, than there were Mexican citizens in 1848 living in the entire Southwest provinces ceded to the USA by Mexico by the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 07:54 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
FYI, if you read any history you'd know many that remained had their land taken from them.
If you were truly interested in elevating this thread to standards consistent with facts, why wouldn't you provide your references?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Do you even think before you type?
Isn't it interesting how easily problems are created, sending congress on a hysterical tear to solve what the doctors inventing diseases created? And miraculously they come up with a cure? Strange how all those San Savadorean dirty Generals retiring in lush style in America had right wing money in their hands. Uncanny. Why, you'd almost have to conclude our foreign policy for 40+ yrs were outright owned by a mysterious corporation in control of the entire right wing.

It's uncanny how right wing propaganda applied over the course of 40 yrs could turn the party of Lincoln into it's opposite, unmercifully abused from within by what amounts to be the very villains who assassinated him.

It's uncanny the most rotten treasonous politicians down the pike in a century are being churned out of Texas. It's uncanny how they love love love cheap labor and love love love the prison industrial complex. It's uncanny that deregulation and Enron contributors paying the executive and legislative branches to sit on their hands would facilitate the economic assault of one state from the platform of another state. The state of Texas.

It's uncanny how many times the dog can be wagged and still they get by with murder in plain sight smiling wide hiding behind our flag.

What country do these people plan on living in? I'm not talking about illegal immigrants. I'm talking about those who've used them as pawns all along. What's more astonishing to me is how you could be this blind and deaf to predators betraying this country at every turn? He's your brother? No. He's a lost soul out of his mind. Pay attention. History is not coincidence. You don't want to believe an American could betray their own. Yes, they can. And they have. Wake up.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:56 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,665,685 times
He stated he was from Guerrero Mexico and kept screaming it, and other Mexican killed him over it. Juarez was representing

Old 02-28-2012, 08:18 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,202,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
For a little fun with demographics the following may prove of interest. There are more illegal aliens of Mexican origin residing within the Los Angeles city limits today, just LA alone, than there were Mexican citizens in 1848 living in the entire Southwest provinces ceded to the USA by Mexico by the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo.
That little factoid would be interesting if it meant ANYTHING. Do you really believe the 1848 Mexican-American population was completely static for the last 165 years? Ten generations and zero growth?

Old 02-28-2012, 08:21 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,202,822 times
I provide one link above in this post. //www.city-data.com/forum/23186078-post49.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
If you were truly interested in elevating this thread to standards consistent with facts, why wouldn't you provide your references?

Isn't it interesting how easily problems are created, sending congress on a hysterical tear to solve what the doctors inventing diseases created? And miraculously they come up with a cure? Strange how all those San Savadorean dirty Generals retiring in lush style in America had right wing money in their hands. Uncanny. Why, you'd almost have to conclude our foreign policy for 40+ yrs were outright owned by a mysterious corporation in control of the entire right wing.

It's uncanny how right wing propaganda applied over the course of 40 yrs could turn the party of Lincoln into it's opposite, unmercifully abused from within by what amounts to be the very villains who assassinated him.

It's uncanny the most rotten treasonous politicians down the pike in a century are being churned out of Texas. It's uncanny how they love love love cheap labor and love love love the prison industrial complex. It's uncanny that deregulation and Enron contributors paying the executive and legislative branches to sit on their hands would facilitate the economic assault of one state from the platform of another state. The state of Texas.

It's uncanny how many times the dog can be wagged and still they get by with murder in plain sight smiling wide hiding behind our flag.

What country do these people plan on living in? I'm not talking about illegal immigrants. I'm talking about those who've used them as pawns all along. What's more astonishing to me is how you could be this blind and deaf to predators betraying this country at every turn? He's your brother? No. He's a lost soul out of his mind. Pay attention. History is not coincidence. You don't want to believe an American could betray their own. Yes, they can. And they have. Wake up.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:49 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
When doing Karaoke, make sure your song selection, is ok with the audience first.

I find this case sad. So often today, the way to handle a situtaion that somone does not like, is by killing the person. Same thing in school these days, at places of employment, something has got to change.

Another nut out there, will pay attention to this story.
I do not care if the man was green, and you hate the song, no reason for taking this person's life.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:06 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Is there any reason to believe that's why it happened?
Maybe he couldn't carry a tune?

[sing it right or die trying]

Old 02-29-2012, 02:41 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Waits for the mods to move this to the illegal immigration board.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:27 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaw1981 View Post
Man killed for singing 'We are More American' at Houston karaoke night | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth

Just heard about this on TV. In Houston a man (bets are he was Mexican) was singing in karaoke “Somos mas Americanos,” translated mean "we are more American then you". See below for the full song in English.

I was always under the impression that this was a fringe group. But clearly some Mexicans and Mexican-Americans do not understand the history of this country. First of all the Mexican-American war was over 150 years ago (1848). Second all borders are usually formed by conflict. Third those that were mexicans when the war ended were given the option to go back to Mexico or become Americans. The lands in question did not have that many people at the time.

So how can they claim the border "crossed them"?

A thousand times they have shouted at me,
“Go home, you don’t belong here”
Let me remind the Gringo
That I didn’t cross the border, the border crossed me
America was born free—Man divided her
They drew the line so I would have to jump it
And they call me Invader
That’s a big error
They took eight states from us—who is the invader here?
I am a stranger in my own land
I don’t come to make war—I’m a working man
(Chorus)
If history does not lie, the Powerful Nation was seated here in glory
Composed of valiant warriors
Indians of two continents
Mingled with Spaniards
And if we go by the centuries
We are more American [“Somos Mas Americanos”]
We are more American
Than any son of the Anglo-Saxon
(Spoken)
They purchased from us, without money, the waters of the Rio Bravo
They took from us Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado
California too, and Nevada
Even with Utah it was not enough—they also took Wyoming from us!
I am of Indian blood—I am Latino—I am Mestizo
We are of all colors and all occupations
And if we go by the centuries
Though it pains The Neighbor
We are more American
Than every last one of the Gringos

who cares, we won they lost and they are still bitter. they should be glad we did not annex mexico as a territory as well. at least then they could come into the USA legally then.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:06 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,224,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
who cares, we won they lost and they are still bitter. they should be glad we did not annex mexico as a territory as well. at least then they could come into the USA legally then.
No, actually many of them would be quite happy to be annexed. That way the Democrats would see to it that they would immediately receive Section 8 housing, WIC vouchers, food stamps, free medical care, free school breakfasts and lunches for their hordes of children, free legal aid, etc., just like their family and friends that made the trip North. All paid for, of course, by the US taxpayer. Except only now, if annexed, they would no longer have the burden of crossing the border and destroying the areas they occupy, now they could just stay home and get all those goodies without moving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies