Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 10:37 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,194,123 times

Advertisements

Forget helping out the 99%.....

The Obama administration will let some of the country’s largest banks protect about $308 billion in profitable second mortgages on their books by laying off some of the losses incurred in modifying mortgages onto the pension funds and mutual funds that own the homes’ first mortgages.

DC to banks: Keep $308B - NYPOST.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 11:08 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,951,638 times
Gotta love that Hope and Change.

Yes we can! (....line the pockets of my Wall Street pals).

People are suckers for a nice catchy slogan.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:09 PM

1,081 posts, read 915,934 times
Obama's a dick. Pure and simple.

Old 02-29-2012, 12:51 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Default Why so quiet OWS ?????????????

Un freaking believeable. TARP wasn't enough, no, now pension holders who have no say will be bailing out the banks by edict of the dictator.

Basically, Obama just did to pension holders what Jon Corzine did to account holders at MF Global.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:37 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Gotta love that Hope and Change.

Yes we can! (....line the pockets of my Wall Street pals).

People are suckers for a nice catchy slogan.

Your right! but people were and are still suckers, for falling for what the hell Obama was and is selling.

The changes are taking place within this Country, little changes, here, there, and then wham.

Great Change! where.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:39 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
So much for all that hopey changiness. Yet we still have the extremely ignorant Obama cheerleaders on here thinking he is God or something.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:44 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
I think i'll trademark "Liberals Avoid Threads That Damage Their Messiah And Make Them Look Stupid For Falling For His Lies."

Old 02-29-2012, 09:50 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,192,643 times
I"ll trademark nobody in this thread from the right of left has done any real research on this issue to understand why this was done. People who say things like, "Obama's a dick. Pure and simple.", don't think about things before they type them.

The left doesn't have any monopoly on ignorance. You social conservatives spout plenty of it too.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:54 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
I"ll trademark nobody in this thread from the right of left has done any real research on this issue to understand why this was done. People who say things like, "Obama's a dick. Pure and simple.", don't think about things before they type them.

The left doesn't have any monopoly on ignorance. You social conservatives spout plenty of it too.
Your highness, why don't you provide us all this "research" that you've apparently done.

Us lowly clowns at the bottom will wait for Your Majesty Of Research to show us where we are so woefully wrong.

(We won't hold our breath, because you NEVER provide anything to back up your assertions. You really ought to change your screen name. It's embarrassing.)

Old 02-29-2012, 10:07 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,192,643 times
I typically always do. Feel free to search all of my posts. In places where I put forward ideas, I back them up. A good example would be the thread about the Brazilian airline winning US military business for light planes. You can search for it. You can also lookup the thread I started about the Republican primary.

In terms of your assertion here, I'm not putting forward an opinion as there's not enough data or analysis in place right now to give one. All you have is one or two editorials about this and a rush by people to get emotional about it.

There's an old saying that goes, "Better to keep your mouth shut and be assumed the fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt". Other than the 1 NY Post editorial, there's really not much data available on this yet and if people don't really know what they're talking about, they should stay quiet on things. That goes back to my left has no monopoly on ignorance comment.

EDIT: Here's the Brazilian thread I was talking about. //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...merican-2.html

Complete and utter smackdown on each and every point presented. You could hear crickets chirping in that thread afterwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies