Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 03:47 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
These type always find a home with the GOP
Louis Farrakan and his many followers lean to the GOP?

Whoda thunk it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 03:52 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
What's funny is most people that throw around the "AS" word never bothered to read past the high school history books about the Holocaust.

The propaganda was more than enough for them.
I've studied the Holocaust since childhood, WELL beyond high school textbooks - in fact, I don't even recall what we learned about it in high school. I've spoken one-on-one with survivors, visited the museum in Jerusalem, watched real-life footage... heck, I even walked through the Anne Frank house in Amsterdam, and both my parents & sister have personally visited a few of the camps in Eastern Europe. So the only one relying on propaganda is you, and I imagine you prefer sticking with the denial revisions in particular.

Btw, my late great-Uncle was an American soldier during WW2, and took a personal leave while in Europe to find our relatives who remained in Poland... he only found my great-Aunt and one of her brothers alive (at a recovery camp shortly after Auschwitz was liberated), while everyone else from her family - and a good percentage of her village - had been murdered in the camps. She could probably tell stories that would chill even your cold blood, starting with the repeated rapes and scientific experiments they conducted on her, leaving her permanently infertile. She was just 16 years old at the time of her liberation, btw. Is that enough information "outside of the book," or would you like me to continue?

Furthermore and unlike you, I don't deny ANY of the atrocities and records kept from that period... so I know how many non-Jews died there, and don't excuse or forgive that any more than the Jewish deaths. Actually, that's one of the reasons I'm such a strong supporter of gay rights - as they stood right beside my people in the camps, and understand what it means to be killed for something you cannot change. Do you support gay rights and acknowledge their deaths in the Holocaust, or was that "oversensitized" too?

Old 03-01-2012, 05:25 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Well, I see you got your answer.... just look at the support this guy got from EVERY neocon/Repug on CITY DATA... he just may get into office with their loyal support ...but we've had much worse and crazier Repugs in office....
Link to one of their posts.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:36 PM

325 posts, read 219,327 times
I'm not a denier but he may have a point.

Holocaust debate with David Cole PART 1 - YouTube

Old 03-01-2012, 06:15 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,396,200 times
I would love for these Holocaust denying clowns to confront some of the survivors and tell them they're liars. Of course, cowards don't follow through on such things.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
I would love for these Holocaust denying clowns to confront some of the survivors and tell them they're liars. Of course, cowards don't follow through on such things.
Nope! But I'd love to see that too... my great-Aunt is old but in excellent health, and could probably still whoop some denier butt!!

From the reports I read, Elie Wiesel did a nice job of defending himself against that attacker not long ago. We are survivors, and truly live by the motto "never again."

Old 03-01-2012, 07:35 PM

P.S. To RPON, I'm an American first and forever. Not sure how Israeli support even came into this discussion, but whatever... nothing you say holds weight, anyway.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:37 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
What's funny is guys like Norm Finkelstein get called "self loathing Jews" for trying to furnish any shred of objectivity in regards to the subject.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
What's funny is guys like Norm Finkelstein get called "self loathing Jews" for trying to furnish any shred of objectivity in regards to the subject.
How is that funny? Jews can be deniers too, and their ethnic/religious background doesn't excuse them from stupidity. I don't even know who that guy is, but using objectivity though actual research (if that's what he does) is a far cry from claiming facts are lies.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:44 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I've studied the Holocaust since childhood, WELL beyond high school textbooks - in fact, I don't even recall what we learned about it in high school. I've spoken one-on-one with survivors, visited the museum in Jerusalem, watched real-life footage... heck, I even walked through the Anne Frank house in Amsterdam, and both my parents & sister have personally visited a few of the camps in Eastern Europe. So the only one relying on propaganda is you, and I imagine you prefer sticking with the denial revisions in particular.

Btw, my late great-Uncle was an American soldier during WW2, and took a personal leave while in Europe to find our relatives who remained in Poland... he only found my great-Aunt and one of her brothers alive (at a recovery camp shortly after Auschwitz was liberated), while everyone else from her family - and a good percentage of her village - had been murdered in the camps. She could probably tell stories that would chill even your cold blood, starting with the repeated rapes and scientific experiments they conducted on her, leaving her permanently infertile. She was just 16 years old at the time of her liberation, btw. Is that enough information "outside of the book," or would you like me to continue?

Furthermore and unlike you, I don't deny ANY of the atrocities and records kept from that period... so I know how many non-Jews died there, and don't excuse or forgive that any more than the Jewish deaths. Actually, that's one of the reasons I'm such a strong supporter of gay rights - as they stood right beside my people in the camps, and understand what it means to be killed for something you cannot change. Do you support gay rights and acknowledge their deaths in the Holocaust, or was that "oversensitized" too?
I don't really have anything to counter here....I am nobody to tell you how to think, perceive or process what you read or here. Nor am I here to sway you. We see the world differently....

As far as gay rights...Yes, I acknowledge gay were killed. Was it oversensitized? I would say "yes" but people make gay jokes everyday in show business and it pretty much rolls off societies back...Can't say the same about Jewish "ribbing" in the media.. Muchhhhh different tolerance level.

Besides, taking into consideration the Jew:Gay death toll ratio.....I will pretend you never even made the comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies