Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 09:22 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
For some reason I can't even force my heart to bleed for these poor, poor souls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 11:10 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Bonus Withdrawal Puts Bankers in "Malaise" - Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bonus-withdrawal-puts-bankers-malaise-050100338.html - broken link)

Does anyone feel sorry for this guy?

I just don't know what to say to this - that people who don't have money just can't understand the "stress" of having money but then having to adjust to "less?"

Poor guy - three kids in private school who might have to go to public school? Oh, the horror!

I buy extra lean ground beef for $2.89 a pound; I get a 30 cent a pound discount if I buy five pounds at a time.

OMG! Washing dishes by hand! The sacrifice!

If it's so tough, he should go on Craigslist and find a used portable dishwasher for less than a hundred bucks. That's what I did, when after many years of washing dishes BY HAND, I got hurt on the job (making a little over $30,000 a year) and couldn't wash dishes by hand anymore, and found a great dishwasher for fifty bucks.

Dude - you're freaking whining. "Stuff" isn't that important. There are millions of families getting by and surviving on much less than what you're making. And let's not even get started on all the families who have lost their homes to foreclosures and who wonder if they can even feed their kids tonight because of the economy and through no fault of their own.

Should we take up a collection for these guys?
That guy and others like him are pieces of garbage and I feel zero sympathy for him...... I would rather give my extra $ to someone who deserves it.... like someone who lost their job or home BECAUSE of guys/girls like that guy

Old 02-29-2012, 11:12 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
I feel for the guy. When you have a certain standard of living, and can't maintain it, its probably tough..
Send him a check

Old 03-01-2012, 05:55 AM

1,081 posts, read 916,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Pretty low standards you have there. Aim for the sky, or maybe not.
Those are my obama-era standards. They're about par for the course, sadly.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:05 AM

1,081 posts, read 916,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Nice, welfare BUMS, show concern for some rich dude that is lousy at planning and calling the elderly, disabled, unwed mothers and their kids BUMS.
And you show support for some bum that's too lazy to get off the couch, more than likely.
At least this guy pays taxes, so stop with the jealous-based hate.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:09 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,910,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I am a big fan of Peter Schiff but his brother sounds like a jerk now I wonder if Peter is the same.
Same here, big fan...Peter Schiff seems like a really grounded individual...

Don't know how he expressed himself genetically but I HOPE it isn't like his brother. I know my sons are like oil and vinegar though. And from my experience, all the brothers I encountered...polar opposites seemed to be the norm and a-alike the exception.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:41 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
And you show support for some bum that's too lazy to get off the couch, more than likely.
At least this guy pays taxes, so stop with the jealous-based hate.
You do understand that at least 9 out of 10 of these welfare BUMS of yours are truly in need. Your solution is to throw the baby out with the bath water. Painting EVERYONE receiving aid as a BUM is a lame wingnut talking point.

I have a sister with cerebral palsy, 70 IQ, no sense of balance. She falls down all the time. If she works in a sheltered workshop and get section 8, you'd call her a bum????

I have a mother in her late 70's living on a tiny SS check in one room section 8 apartment. She works two part time jobs to make ends meet, but you'd call her a bum????

We're all on this thread because we are truly concerned about thus poor guy living on $350,000 a year and how he'll get his dishes washed tonite.... Get real dude, the economy sucks and poor people are dying every day because they cannot pay for basic needs. We have tens of thousands of veterans living on the streets picking thru garbage and you're worried if this genuine A'hole might have to take his poor kids out of private school.

Oh, and to debunk your class envy BS, my wife and I got ours. We haven't lived off borrowed money in 20 years. No mortgage and credit cards, try it, money rolls in. I'm in a 3000 sq ft home I built myself on 9 acres of sugarbush, retired in my early 50's. No envy here, but I do think the $350,000 A'hole struggling to make ends meet is sad, but for reason other than you.

Last edited by buzzards27; 03-01-2012 at 08:29 AM..

Old 03-01-2012, 07:45 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Bonus Withdrawal Puts Bankers in "Malaise" - Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bonus-withdrawal-puts-bankers-malaise-050100338.html - broken link)

Does anyone feel sorry for this guy?

I just don't know what to say to this - that people who don't have money just can't understand the "stress" of having money but then having to adjust to "less?"

Poor guy - three kids in private school who might have to go to public school? Oh, the horror!

I buy extra lean ground beef for $2.89 a pound; I get a 30 cent a pound discount if I buy five pounds at a time.

OMG! Washing dishes by hand! The sacrifice!

If it's so tough, he should go on Craigslist and find a used portable dishwasher for less than a hundred bucks. That's what I did, when after many years of washing dishes BY HAND, I got hurt on the job (making a little over $30,000 a year) and couldn't wash dishes by hand anymore, and found a great dishwasher for fifty bucks.

Dude - you're freaking whining. "Stuff" isn't that important. There are millions of families getting by and surviving on much less than what you're making. And let's not even get started on all the families who have lost their homes to foreclosures and who wonder if they can even feed their kids tonight because of the economy and through no fault of their own.

Should we take up a collection for these guys?

Nope. Not in the least.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:56 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
The problem with people is they feel they have to have more possessions than their neighbors regardless of the difference in income. Not patting my own back but I wouldn't trade my wife and daughter for control over the entire world with unlimited funds (unless I could find a loophole to get them back). :-)

Some people see objects as success and happiness. Those require a paycheck. I see my two girls as success and happiness and that requires attention. I would rather pay attention than pay bills.

Exactly! I mean, I aspire to be well off, and to live comfortably, but as I always say he who dies with the most toys, still dies. You can't take them with you.

People seem to miss the point that sometimes it's the small things in life.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:07 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
[lifelongMOgal;23201242]Yeah, it is hilarious taking joy in the misfortunes of others. Real classy.

Quote:
I think the OP missed the entire point of the article. Failure to plan, failure to save, failure to realistically live within ones means, and declining incomes are a problem of society at large and not just any single class as Obama would like some to believe.
I guess this guy was out sick the day they gave that lesson in school.

Quote:
At $350K/yr this guy is part of the upper-middle class and living in one of the most expensive housing markets in the country for his career. He, like every parent, is trying to provide his kids with the best (thus private school).
His choice.
Quote:
Do I feel sorry for him, no; nor do I take joy in his misfortunes as some very shallow/jealous posters here seem to be doing. There are hundreds of thousands of similar stories of American's in similar postitions, regardless of income level.
And this guy isn't shallow??? One lesson he may learn: humility. Nothing like getting knocked on the butt to wake one up.
Quote:
We are a country in economic decline. The uber-rich make million$ annually and have net worths in the billion$. This guy and the others in the article are simply not in that league.
We've BEEN in an economic decline for years. Many people have for some time been doing exactly what you pointed out about finances. He should have prepared himself for the possibility that he would find himself in the same position as millions of other people have. I guess when you make $50,000 a year and lose EVERYTHING it isn't news worthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies