Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2012, 09:54 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Prime suspects in his murder should be:

1. ACORN
2. Anthony Weiner
3. Media Matters
4. Obama Regime
I would put crack cocaine in the #1 position. That said my condolences to his family, I for
one won't miss the POS.....

Old 03-01-2012, 09:56 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
How did you get this information or are just spewing hate
It's mostly conjecture, wjtwet... along with some super secret evidence that I will reveal at a later date, Breitbart-style.

3,727 posts, read 6,222,517 times
The man had enemies in very high places. He stepped on a lot of toes, ruffled a lot of feathers, and knew where some of the bodies were buried. My immediate reaction upon hearing of his demise was that it was a hit. Sudden death due to natural causes at age 43 with no previous symptoms? There are ways to kill a man that mimics a heart attack or other so called natural causes. Professional assassins and most of the world's clandestine services are skilled in these techniques. How coincidental that he should die not long after stating that he had damaging evidence against Obama, and that he would release it before the election.

4,734 posts, read 4,329,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
You people are sick and twisted.

And I don't just mean you, WestCobb, though it certainly fits, but everyone here making this a partisan attack piece. All of you are sick and should be ashamed.
I agree that it's wrong to take delight in a person's death. I genuinely wish no ill will to his family and friends on a personal level. And as was said a few posts up, when one dies, a part of humanity dies, and in one sense, I look at it as quite unfortunate that Breitbart died before he had a chance to really evaluate the harm of what he was doing so that he could, by chance, possibly strike a more positive tone and make more meaningful contributions to the state of American politics.

Life is brief, and our lives are brief opportunities to make the world around us a better place. I have no reason to believe that Breitbart didn't make the world a better place for his family and circle of close friends. But what about the world at large that he seemingly wanted to be a part of? How did he make it a better place? How does sitting behind a keyboard, doctoring tapes, and frankly distorting the known truth about people and the positions they have make the world a better place? How did he contribute to American politics by effectively slandering their reputations?

I understand that some people will excuse these acts by claiming that his war was a noble one, and that the ends justified whatever means he took. But I disagree with that completely. His cause that he was fighting for was not that desperate, and in the war of ideas, the weapons should be the ideas themselves, not how easily they can be manipulated, misrepresented, and distorted. All Breitbart did was contribute to a climate of political cynicism and undermined our system's ability to function at a time when people desperately need it to function at its best. And he stepped on basically innocent people while doing it. So yes, his death is tragic - tragic in the sense that while his life surely benefited some, it could have benefited many more. It consisted of wasted opportunities, in my view.

And in death, just as in life, we are all judged by those we come into contact with. If couldn't handle that, then maybe he could have conducted himself in a manner that was more fitting of a gentleman, than that of merely a political provocateur.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:57 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,868 times
RIP to Andrew Breitbart. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Obama's camp was behind the "sudden death".

Btw those 'tolerant', brother-loving Democrats shouldn't gloat too hard, Breitbart was also responsible for getting The Huffington Post off the ground.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:57 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I'm still shocked and mourning the death of Davy Jones. My condolences to Breitbart's family, but quite honestly when I saw the headline, the first thing that came to mind was the contrast of personality and spirit between these two recently deceased people. I realize that one person's passing has naught to do with another, but so many people have such fond and happy memories of Mr. Jones, but for Breitbart...not so much. Sad for him.
In the same place exactly.
While I was equally shocked by both deaths, and offer condolences to both families, I am quite saddened by the loss of Mr. Jones who truly did, at least outwardly, live a life intended to bring happiness as opposed to the other who seemed truly to revel in objectifying and amplifying the basest instincts of human behavior.
Not the legacy I would want to leave my children.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:58 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Drug over dose, left wing hit squads...

The man is dead why not just leave it at that.

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Yeah it is so rare that men die at 43 of heart attacks.
Yes, that's true. Whitney Houston had a heart attack, but she was 48.

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
He was a thorn in the left's side.

I liked the guy.

I think he looked like a coke head lately though.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:59 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
He was a thorn in the left's side.

I liked the guy.

I think he looked like a coke head lately though.
God must be a leftist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies