Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2012, 12:21 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,200,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Why don't we just rename a medication then that is intended for hormonal medication purposes.. Make it payable through insurance...

Case in point... Wellbutrin. When I was trying to quit smoking I went to the Doctors. She told me, if I prescribe you Zyban its not payable through the insurance. If I prescribe Wellbutrin it is. Same exact drug. And guess what... she prescribed as Zyban because that's what it was for, to quit smoking. I paid myself. So rename some of these and I guess just hope that we have the same kind of honest doctors as I had.

Then, if the women needs it for a true medicinal reason she gets it... if it's for birth control only.. she's on her own..... condoms... not at all. (And I'm a women so don't start preaching that I'm being unfair to women..)
Because it's really not necessary or any of your business is it? Micromanage much? And what about women with underlying health issue where pregnancy would be unwise...should they have to jump through hoops here? Come on people...use your brains a sec. This isn't some huge cost to you, it's a huge savings on societies resources and that isnt' a secret.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:23 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,191 times
Obama has telephoned Sandra Fluke and spoke personally to her. He criticized Limbaugh's words about her as "reprehensible" and encouraged Ms. Fluke to "stand tall." Nope, not the Onion. Read the story:

“He encouraged me and supported me and thanked me for speaking out about the concerns of American women,” Fluke told Mitchell of the call with Obama. “And what was really personal for me was that he said to tell my parents that they should be proud. And that meant a lot because Rush Limbaugh questioned whether or not my family would be proud of me. So, I just appreciated that very much.”

"The call by Obama is a rare one and a move that signals the White House, like Democrats more broadly, is intent on keeping the spotlight on the contraception issue."

Obama calls Sandra Fluke, Georgetown law student assailed by Rush Limbaugh - Election 2012 - The Washington Post

Old 03-02-2012, 12:24 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I just heard Jay Carney trying to protect the poor girl because of all the attacks on her. Everybody does know that Jay Carney speaks for our President and Glorious Leader so I guess you can see Obama siding with the progs here. Keep on line progs as you may need that in a few months.

Yes, because this is what gentlemen do.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:24 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
It's a tough road ahead and you will be amazed at what your taxes support. Goverment thinks big picture, what's best for society, and we don't have the freedom or luxury to argue every point as we personally see it when it comes to something as personal as someone healthcare or reproduction. The population just doesn't even have the expertice to comment most of the time.

While it's a free country and you do have access to onlne forums to say anything that pops into your head, it doesn't mean much.
Yeah, because thank the Lord, the Government knows best..... My God how long have you been brain washed?

You need to make up your minds also. Government has a role or say in sex (reproduction) or it doesnt. You say NO, how dare you say I cant kill my baby because I feel like it. Then you say DAMN IT, YOU BETTER PAY FOR ME HAVING SEX IF I DONT WANT A BABY!

I have common sense. And that is PLENTY to be able to comment on this.

No one is calling for the ban of contraceptives. In fact, no one was even talking about this until Obama pushed through his BS to over step the boundaries of the government and FORCE private enterprises to pay for something. How can you people except that?

In the case to this woman. No one was denying her birth control. She knew the college didnt cover it before hand yet she CHOSE to attend anyways. She shouldve either set aside money to pay for her sex or went to another college. PERIOD.

The thing is you liberals could give a reason for ANYTHING to have to be paid for by someone else. NO matter how dumb your reasoning, you would come up with something. Same type of thinking of the Occupy movement. Why should we have to pay for it when others can....

Old 03-02-2012, 12:25 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Obama has telephoned Sandra Fluke and spoke personally to her. He criticized Limbaugh's words about her as "reprehensible" and encouraged Ms. Fluke to "stand tall." Nope, not the Onion. Read the story:

“He encouraged me and supported me and thanked me for speaking out about the concerns of American women,” Fluke told Mitchell of the call with Obama. “And what was really personal for me was that he said to tell my parents that they should be proud. And that meant a lot because Rush Limbaugh questioned whether or not my family would be proud of me. So, I just appreciated that very much.”

"The call by Obama is a rare one and a move that signals the White House, like Democrats more broadly, is intent on keeping the spotlight on the contraception issue."
Obama calls Sandra Fluke, Georgetown law student assailed by Rush Limbaugh - Election 2012 - The Washington Post

Indeed. A true gentleman is our president.
Well-done.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:27 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,118,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Indeed. A true gentleman is our president.
Well-done.
Maybe he will call Andrew Breitbart's widow and children and apologize on behalf of the left-wing pundits and the language they are using.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:27 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,346 times
I urge all Liberals to pay for their own birth control and USE it so there are less of them. Even though I want fewer liberals, I still wont advocate for abortion or people having to pay for birth control of others.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:28 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,014 times
NO, NO... Say it ain't true. Rush is losing sponsors, 2 have pulled ads so far. The twitter campaign is having an effect. But, we need Rush to help the Dems sweep in Nov. And Rush is whining about it now.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:32 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Maybe he will call Andrew Breitbart's widow and children and apologize on behalf of the left-wing pundits and the language they are using.

I was wondering the same thing. I couldn't believe the hatred and vile words I heard upon the announcement of Mr. Breitbart's death. One radio talk show host was so vile - he never even bothered to express his sympathy to the widow and children. He just blasted away his joy at the man's death. I will NEVER listen to that show again. Did the WH even issue a statement on Breitbart's death? Of course, with this administration's bias, perhaps its better if they didn't.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:34 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,626,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Tell me what other medical issues there are that can ONLY be treated with oral contraceptives?
Adolescent girls and young women are frequently prescribed birth control pills for irregular or absent menstrual periods, menstrual cramps, acne, PMS, endometriosis, and for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Girls who are diagnosed with PCOS are often prescribed oral contraceptives to lower their hormone levels and regulate their menstrual periods.

Taking oral contraceptives (OCs) can slash your risk for both endometrial and ovarian cancer by more than 70 percent after 12 years; even just one to five years may lower your risk by 40 percent. They work by reducing the number of times you ovulate in your lifetime: Ovulation may trigger cell changes in the ovaries that can lead to cancer.

Rachel K. Jones of the Guttmacher Institute, also found that more than half (58%) of all pill users rely on the method, at least in part, for purposes other than pregnancy prevention—meaning that only 42% use the pill exclusively for contraceptive reasons.

Additionally, it found that some 762,000 women who have never had sex use the pill, and they do so almost exclusively (99%) for noncontraceptive reasons.

Not surprisingly, the study found that teens aged 15–19 who use the pill are more likely to do so for non-contraceptive purposes (82%) than for birth control (67%). Moreover, 33% of teen pill users report using oral contraceptive pills solely for noncontraceptive purposes.

Many American Women Use Birth Control Pills for Noncontraceptive Reasons

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/Beyond-Birth-Control.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies