Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 04:16 PM

391 posts, read 513,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
Clearly.

And that someone is you.

Telling someone who runs a hospital that treats women with broken bones, burns, heart attacks, cancer, etc that they "hate women" if they don't provide contraception is not reasonable. Telling someone who provides women with a world class education that they "hate women" if they don't provide contraception is also not reasonable. Telling someone who runs a charity that provides needy women with clothes, food, and other necessities that they "hate women" if they don't provide contraception is also not reasonable.
If this medication is denied a woman who would use it to control ovarian cysts because it is birth control, I think shows a dogmatic disregard for these women. I agree that if they choose not to cover it for a woman who uses it for the sole purpose of not getting pregnant, fine by me. But, do not deny it to women who need it as a medication.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:19 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Bummer...I had a nice day going before I read that name again....Pelosi.
I use that name often in place of the term so many people use, BS. Both are piles of the same thing.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:26 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Mr. Obama contacts every family that loses someone due to the wars.
Or, are you suggesting that would be "sticking his nose in where is doesn't belong?"

Hard to believe that people find something wrong with common courtesy, but, there you are.
hell, it would be a lot better if obama didn't send those people to useless wars so that he would need to go "comfort them" on their loss.

that would be even more courtesy.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:32 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
You've just answered my question. Sends LETTERS to soldiers that died for this country. CALLS political activist/feminazi/law student/sex addicts.

Got it.
See how they try and slip that by?

Old 03-02-2012, 04:37 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiteacher View Post
If this medication is denied a woman who would use it to control ovarian cysts because it is birth control, I think shows a dogmatic disregard for these women. I agree that if they choose not to cover it for a woman who uses it for the sole purpose of not getting pregnant, fine by me. But, do not deny it to women who need it as a medication.
According to Fluke's own testimony, bc prescriptions for medical reasons are covered by Georgetown's student health insurance.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:47 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No, Obama is siding with women
Not this woman. I prefer to take responsibility for myself and maintain religious freedom. Small price.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:07 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
And how is the pharmacist going to know that, or the insurance company?

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
hell, it would be a lot better if obama didn't send those people to useless wars so that he would need to go "comfort them" on their loss.

that would be even more courtesy.
Now let's see. Who brought the troops home from Iran? Who sent them to Afghanistan to begin with?

Old 03-02-2012, 06:09 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
This morning while driving to an appointment I heard this on the radio. It is a story that progs are trying very hard on another thread to make into something that I doubt it is. Here is a chance to read the smackdown along with hearing the young lady make her attempt to get free sex toys etc. She may be looking for a different school to finish her law degree at if Georgetown does what they should.

Don't forget to watch the video, all 5 minutes of it, before you read what I heard on the radio this morning. What this young woman says is nothing short of a steaming pile of Pelosi. Come to think of it it was Pelosi that tried so hard to get her heard, wasn't it.?

Epic Smackdown: Glenn, Pat, and Stu tear apart student who thinks Catholic college must pay for her birth control – Glenn Beck
Roysoldboy this makes me very sad. I would have thought this was beneath you.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:11 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times
Quote:
Sex isn't a medical condition last I heard.
If she wants birth control, pay the $9 a month and be done with it.
Maybe we can all donate to tie her tubes.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:23 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Not this woman. I prefer to take responsibility for myself and maintain religious freedom. Small price.
I was talking about the attack on her not about birth control. That's what I meant about Obama standing up for women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies