Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 03:42 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times

Advertisements

Jumping up and down like a bunch of crazed savages and killing people over the burning of a book is not the sign of a developed, mentally stable culture, that's for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 03:46 PM

716 posts, read 1,119,631 times
What law did they break? Where does it say in the UCMJ that you can't burn a book?

Old 03-01-2012, 03:47 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,240,001 times
I want Afghan American Flag burners punished and I'm willing to do the punishing!

Old 03-01-2012, 03:50 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,629,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
These Muslims are idol worshipers, a book is paper, ink and some glue, it is not a God.
I take it you've not been to many American Christian churches. Try to tell them the bible isn't inerrant or infallible and see where it goes. The bible IS God to a large number of Christians.
Most would never kill anyone over it, but most Muslims wouldn't either. A lot of people don't seem to understand that moderate Muslims are more hated by the radicals than non Muslims are.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:53 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,972 times
Before this whole issue is settled.....someone, somewhere, either here or the UN will demand the execution of the American soldiers involved in this incident. Will offering up these soldiers to the Taliban be politically expedient?

I quote this statement that seems to have been carefully worded to 'speak' towards such an incident:

“I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”

I think those 'political winds' are blowing.

We'll see.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:54 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,827,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
"The United Nations has joined Afghan President Hamid Karzai in calling for disciplinary action against those who burned copies of the Holy Qur’an at a US military base in Afghanistan."

PressTV - UN mission demands punishment for Qur?an burners

Maybe I missed it. But I didn't see anything about accountability/punishment for those who have killed in anti-U.S. retaliation.

NO WAY! Time (way past in my opinion) to get out of Afghanistan and the UN.
the 911ers hit the wrong buildings.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:57 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,627,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Is Iranian state controlled television OP's first source for news?

No propaganda there! No sir!
Here's the info from the UN web site.

Bout 1/2 way down.

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE NOON BRIEFING

Old 03-01-2012, 04:59 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
"The United Nations has joined Afghan President Hamid Karzai in calling for disciplinary action against those who burned copies of the Holy Qur’an at a US military base in Afghanistan."

PressTV - UN mission demands punishment for Qur?an burners

Maybe I missed it. But I didn't see anything about accountability/punishment for those who have killed in anti-U.S. retaliation.

NO WAY! Time (way past in my opinion) to get out of Afghanistan and the UN.
What are they asking for..death penalty via stoning ?
And no mention about US flag burners over there..that is OK by their rules ?

Old 03-01-2012, 05:01 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Muslim burn our flag and desecrate our Bibles -- no big deal, it's considered "freedom of speech" but when a Muslim is offended, it's very different, it's almost as though our government is imposing Sharia law.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:55 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
I take it you've not been to many American Christian churches. Try to tell them the bible isn't inerrant or infallible and see where it goes. The bible IS God to a large number of Christians.
Most would never kill anyone over it, but most Muslims wouldn't either. A lot of people don't seem to understand that moderate Muslims are more hated by the radicals than non Muslims are.

Can you please show us some evidence for such a ridiculous statement??

The Bible is NOT worshipped as God! The Bible tells Christians who God is. They believe the Words are inspired of God....NOT THE PAPER AND INK!

We write notes in our books!! IT"S OKAY TO HIGHLIGHT verses!!! with a colored pen no less!!!

So let me ask.....Where are all these moderate rallies denouncing the murder of two Americans over Korans that Muslims prisoners DEFACED before they were burned!!! Yeah....that's right. The muslim prisoners had written notes and codes in their book!!

THEY CANNOT WRITE IN THEIR HOLY BOOKS! CHRISTIANS CAN!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies