Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 08:09 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
What part of my opinion do you disagree with?
I don't disagree with your O-P-I-N-I-O-N, I don 't give a rat's ass what you think.

I disagree with you putting it forth as fact, which it most certainly is not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 08:12 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
No, the issue is it's NONE of your or anyone else's damn business if a women chooses to have an abortion or not.
How many abortions will it take to finally change your mind? 1 out 1,000 children aborted? 1 out of 100? 1 out of 10? 1 out of 5? 1 out of 3? 1 out of 2?

In other words, you could care less how many abortions are carried out.....as long as the percentage doesn't make you nauseated? Or do you not care at all?

Old 03-06-2012, 08:13 PM

256 posts, read 207,081 times
Quote:
I don't need Western Europe to help me define my morals and values like some people do. My morals and values are rooted in personal responsibility, which means advocating for not getting pregnant when you're not ready to have a child. Abortions aren't necessary for those who take the proper precautions, including abstinence. I wonder why that is?

It's pretty simple, really.
I don't need you defining morals and values for other people. Birth control,etc do fail, people do take precaution and sometimes they don't work.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanguy View Post
I don't need you defining morals and values for other people. Birth control,etc do fail, people do take precaution and sometimes they don't work.
Right, BC does sometimes fail. And people know that going into it. So what other precautions are they taking to prevent pregnancy? If being pregnant is so bad and will wreck their lives so bad, then perhaps they should evaluate not having sex to begin with unless they can ensure that they won't get pregnant (which is possible for those who take the time to learn how. Millions of people don't get pregnant because they don't want to. It's not rocket science.).

Accidents happen. But that's when it's time to step up to the plate and own up to the accident instead of taking the low road of abortion.

If that's not an option, then you're not mature enough to have sex in a manner that is responsible to yourself and society.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
How many abortions will it take to finally change your mind? 1 out 1,000 children aborted? 1 out of 100? 1 out of 10? 1 out of 5? 1 out of 3? 1 out of 2?

In other words, you could care less how many abortions are carried out.....as long as the percentage doesn't make you nauseated? Or do you not care at all?
As long as you continue with the hyperbolic BS of referring to blastocysts and embryos as children it's not even worth discussing. Plain and simple I don't believe a fertilized egg is a child, until someone proves I'm wrong my opinion of abortion will remain the same: pro-choice.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:

If that's not an option, then you're not mature enough to have sex in a manner that is responsible to yourself and society.
The true low road here is lame attempts at forcing your beliefs on others.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:19 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,918 times
"When can we expect Liberals to actually show love, honor, and courage for the United States of America that doesn't involve breaking our collective backs?"

The more radical among them will never do this. They have utter contempt for what is good, clean, honorable and American.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
As long as you continue with the hyperbolic BS of referring to blastocysts and embryos as children it's not even worth discussing. Plain and simple I don't believe a fertilized egg is a child, until someone proves I'm wrong my opinion of abortion will remain the same: pro-choice.
So 100% of women could have an abortion and you'd be fine with that. Correct? You've clearly asserted that there is no line that you will draw.

I disagree with this ideology on the whole.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:21 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Oh, trust me, I get it. But the issue is not that abortions WILL take place. The issue is that abortions don't HAVE to take place if the proper precautions are taken. The issue is also that "pro-choice" ideology ignores the fact that "choice" is unraveling our moral fabric considering that about half of abortion-seekers have had more than one abortion.

Abortion as a method of birth control. Reckless Abandon made possible by those who support the individual more than they do the overall society we live in.

Liberal Enablers is what you folks are. And you RELISH it.
Yes, abortions HAVE to take place.

Because pregnancy doesn't seem to be going away.

You can whine and moan and wring your hands and declare the sky is falling BUT BC,pregnancy, and abortion have been around since about the time people were invented.....human nature will not change to suit you....or anyone else....

I wish the world didn't have so many self-righteous busy body jerks but it does and always has had, and always will....I think those people have harmed society far more than anything else.

Last edited by Who?Me?!; 03-06-2012 at 08:29 PM..

Old 03-06-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
[b]
The more radical among them will never do this. They have utter contempt for what is good, clean, honorable and American.
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!

Please! Please! Please DO tell us just WHAT constitutes " good, clean, honorable and American"

BTW, don't forget to wear your little lapel pin while you type
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies