Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 09:01 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,724,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
No, she taught me to spell, obviously yours did not.

Ah, but clearly she failed in teaching you how to get along with others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 09:02 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,953,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I see. So you believe there are no nuclear weapons in the region, or we are beloved there?
Again, you come off as less than intellectually honest.

Your premise was that the region is "awash in nuclear weapons".

Some of us don't get in an irrational tizzy because others are exaggerating for political gain and to whip up the conservative zombies.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:02 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,456,579 times
Quote:
That makes a lot of sense. Why would we want to influence events in a region awash in nuclear weapons, and a big population of folks who do not like us.
Because our past attempts to "influence events" provide a full and complete explanation of why "folks" in that "region" don't like us.

The only country in the region with nuclear weapons is--wait for it--Israel!

Old 03-02-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Ah, but clearly she failed in teaching you how to get along with others.
If kissing the posterior of Israel is getting along with others, you go right ahead.

Last edited by reconmark; 03-02-2012 at 09:36 AM..

Old 03-02-2012, 09:03 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,724,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Again, you come off as less than intellectually honest.

Your premise was that the region is "awash in nuclear weapons".

Some of us don't get in an irrational tizzy because others are exaggerating for political gain and to whip up the conservative zombies.

Listen, I have to interact with the real world, I can feel myself losing IQ points reading your posts.

Cheers!

Old 03-02-2012, 09:07 AM

“Clearly Netanyahu would like to put pressure on the Obama administration to support a more muscular, meaning possibly military, response to Iran’s nuclear program. He knows full well that there’s zero enthusiasm for that in the United States,” said Rex Brynen, a McGill University political science professor and Middle East analyst.

So basically we have Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu attempting to apply political pressure to the President of the United States of America, in order to bring about our complacency in however Israel chooses to handle affairs in that region.

Our President isn't going to be Israel's sock puppet, and the less informed are upset.

Yep, I got the gist of this thread.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Listen, I have to interact with the real world, I can feel myself losing IQ points reading your posts.

Cheers!
Don't go away a sore loser, just go away!!..cheers!!

Old 03-02-2012, 09:10 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,893,138 times
Quote:
That makes a lot of sense. Why would we want to influence events in a region awash in nuclear weapons, and a big population of folks who do not like us.
Mmmh, maybe you're right.

The US should probably institute Mandatory Military Service so we can constantly occupy every single country around the World that dislikes us and infuence ALL World events to our favor.
That is the only way to stop Terrorism and will ensure our safety at home for suuuure.
Every nation succeeds at maintaining and expanding an Empire, right?

Old 03-02-2012, 09:10 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,665,850 times
As a Liberal I should be supporting Israel out of some residual guilt over the Holocaust. Sorry, my liberalism is economic and does not extend to people trying to put me on a guilt trip. I do not feel guilt about many of the things I do let alone the things my grandparents and parents did.

I am getting very tired of Israel wagging the US dog. We have no reason to get protect Israel any more than Saudi Arabia. Both are tyrannies and not our friends. Neither have friends because they exploit everyone they deal with. Israel is just a Western European colony disguised as a religious homeland.

If Israel decides to attack anyone in the region we should just stay as far away as possible. Their fight is not our fight and never has been. If they use their PAC to punish our politicians looking out for the US before Israel I suggest the PAC should be investigated as an agent of a foreign country. We should not have to tolerate these bullies.

Neither does Canada.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:15 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,950,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
As a Liberal I should be supporting Israel out of some residual guilt over the Holocaust. Sorry, my liberalism is economic and does not extend to people trying to put me on a guilt trip. I do not feel guilt about many of the things I do let alone the things my grandparents and parents did.

I am getting very tired of Israel wagging the US dog. We have no reason to get protect Israel any more than Saudi Arabia. Both are tyrannies and not our friends. Neither have friends because they exploit everyone they deal with. Israel is just a Western European colony disguised as a religious homeland.

If Israel decides to attack anyone in the region we should just stay as far away as possible. Their fight is not our fight and never has been. If they use their PAC to punish our politicians looking out for the US before Israel I suggest the PAC should be investigated as an agent of a foreign country. We should not have to tolerate these bullies.

Neither does Canada.
I have no issue with helping protect Israel should they come under any sort of attack, but in no way should we be enabling aggression from their currently far-right government. The Israeli people are friends of the United States. The Likud party, not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies