Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 05:50 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,626,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
I'd say being indifferent to little kids starving is more a mental disorder. It's called "sociopathy".
I think that going from discussing food stamps as "stimulus" to accusing others of "sociopathy" and wishing starvation on children is the kind of reflexive hatefulness that is the EPITOME of liberal mental and moral breakdown.

Thanks for yet another hateful example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 06:17 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Here's the thing: It's not goverment expenditure, it's government confiscation of my money. To call it a govt expenditure is going off of the assumption that EVERYTHING belongs to the govt. There should be very careful consideration before you determine it is absolutely necessary before you go digging into my pocket.

Also, consider this: Maybe I would spend that money on charity. Maybe the food would get to the same recipient, but it would be food from a food bank, therefore instead of the $374 (or whatever) being funneled through the govt bureaucracy and the recipient ending up with approx $250 of food stamps, they would get the ENTIRE $374 in food, because I donated that sum directly to the food bank.

The other difference this represents is the fact that my donating that money was my CHOICE, not confiscation.
If only I'd thought to add something like "moral implications aside" to my posts. Wait. I did.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:28 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
I heard another leftie say that Food Stamps are good for the economy.

I would not expect anything less from the leftie liberals. They are the give me party. They expect the government to support them.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:43 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
nancy pelosi also stated that food stamps were "stimulative".
Of course the food stamp program is stimulative. They are huge part of the grocery business. The grocers (job creators love the food stamp program.

Why do you think Yum Brands spent millions lobbying to get access to the program? It ain't rocket science.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:54 PM

840 posts, read 781,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
so, raise the minimum wage?
That won't work. Companies just wouldn't hire people then and might even take their companies overseas.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:58 PM

840 posts, read 781,016 times
Quote:
Why is it so hard to feed your kids?

Poverty doesn't starve kids.

Parental abuse does.
Wow.Way out of line dude.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:22 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
Wow.Way out of line dude.
Really?

How so?

Old 03-03-2012, 06:16 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,621,688 times
Quote:
Why is it so hard to feed your kids?

Poverty doesn't starve kids.

Parental abuse does.

you started a thread about whether food stamps were good for the economy, not about whether I have kids or not.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:11 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Giant welfare programs and more and more people having children they can never afford so they can live off food stamps, WIC and free government housing is running our country into the ground.

When the whole thing collapses, then what? We've got people pouring over the border to have children here that allow them to stay and access all the many welfare programs, the USA is becoming the flop house of the world, at some point we will not be able to afford the many trillions dollars more to keep providing the nice free comfortable life to so many.

In many parts of the country now, more babies are born to welfare mothers than are born to working parents.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:46 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,272,347 times
Quote:
Please describe "livable wage".
So you do not want to pay a liveable wage but when they do not have enough to buy food you do not want them to have food stamps? You can't have it both ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies