Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 07:40 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,870,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Of course peyote is a schedule one narcotic. The catholic church isn't dictating anyone's use of contraception. They merely do not wish to be forced to provide something that goes against their beliefs. Anyone can do as they like with their own dime.

Your intolerance and bigotry are showing. If you do not agree with the church, don't be a member. But do not push your views on anyone else.
Health care in this country is paid for by both employer AND employee. The Catholic church is dictating to their employees what they can their spend money on. Catholic church health care is also heavily subsidized by state and therefore by many non-Catholics.

The only intolerance and bigotry here is that of the Catholic church. They want to be free to force their religion on other people and complain when those people resist.

I do not want to be a member of the church and I sure as hell don't want to fund a group of silly misogenistic celibate men in dresses nattering on about something they literally know nothing about. If the church wants to be in the position of providing health care for Americans they need to observe American rules about the provision of health care.

It's that simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 07:44 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Health care in this country is paid for by both employer AND employee. The Catholic church is dictating to their employees what they can their spend money on. Catholic church health care is also heavily subsidized by state and therefore by many non-Catholics.

The only intolerance and bigotry here is that of the Catholic church. They want to be free to force their religion on other people and complain when those people resist.

I do not want to be a member of the church and I sure as hell don't want to fund a group of silly misogenistic celibate men in dresses nattering on about something they literally know nothing about. If the church wants to be in the position of providing health care for Americans they need to observe American rules about the provision of health care.

It's that simple.
No its not the simple! No one said peep about this until Obama, out of no where, put this unconstitutional garbage through! You have a problem with a certain employer not covering something THAN WORK ELSE WHERE!!!!! If you are a Catholic (supposedly) who has a problem with their views on contraception THEN TALK TO THE POPE OR FIND ANOTHER RELIGION!!!!!

This was NOT an issue until Obama pulled his stunt. Obama has NO business telling an employer what to do. Obama does NOT want to talk about his record. He doesnt want to talk about gas prices (just inflate your tires). He does not want to talk jobs. He does not want to talk about Solyndra or Fast Furious. He wants and has succeeded with the help of the treasonous liberal media, in diverting attention from what we should be talking about.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:45 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
This entire issue is a manufacture of the Obama admin and the democrats.

No one, not one republican was talking about birth control pills, until Obama decide to force all employers, including Catholic hospitals, to give them away for free.

Obama did not choose to force employers to give away life saving drugs or medicine like insulin or blood pressure medicine, he chose birth control pills, because he knew he could create a political firestorm.
Why the Repubs chose to take up this losing position, I have no idea. But they did make their bed now, they must lay in it.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:

It's that simple.
Just to add. When you look for a job, gee I dont like their benefits package. Then you keep looking. You dont have the President (NOT King) pass some unconstitutional crap to force an employer to give you certain benefits just because you dont think you should have to pay for them.

My God! Buy this crap yourself!!!! GO to friggin target/walmart and buy it yourself or go find another place that will pay for it for you since you are so irresponsible and so gimme gimme gimme to pay for its yourself.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:47 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Budget Control Act was passed last Aug.
Sorry. They are not one and the same. Budget Control Act and Continuing Resolutions do NOT qualify as budgets.

You are aware there is a defined budget process.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 03-02-2012 at 08:04 AM..

Old 03-02-2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Why the Repubs chose to take up this losing position, I have no idea. But they did make their bed now, they must lay in it.
Youre a fool.

floridalib and Democrats: "Obama pulled this out of no where and how dare you stand up for your own personal beliefs. How dare you question an unconstitutional move by our dear king"

My initial comment to you still stands and you know it to be true. Typical liberals playing their typical bs games.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:50 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,870,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
No its not the simple! No one said peep about this until Obama, out of no where, put this unconstitutional garbage through! You have a problem with a certain employer not covering something THAN WORK ELSE WHERE!!!!! If you are a Catholic (supposedly) who has a problem with their views on contraception THEN TALK TO THE POPE OR FIND ANOTHER RELIGION!!!!!

This was NOT an issue until Obama pulled his stunt. Obama has NO business telling an employer what to do. Obama does NOT want to talk about his record. He doesnt want to talk about gas prices (just inflate your tires). He does not want to talk jobs. He does not want to talk about Solyndra or Fast Furious. He wants and has succeeded with the help of the treasonous liberal media, in diverting attention from what we should be talking about.
Yes it is simple.

The Catholic church is heavily involved in health care in this country. If I go to a Catholic church hospital I should not be denied health care the Catholic church does not like. If I work for the Catholic church I should not be denied health care options because Catholic church officials don't like them.

The pope is a Nazi moron who runs around talking about women's uteruses as if he had one.

I swear to god if these people were Muslims attempting to dictate insane Muslim customs like cliteroctomy on non-Muslims Republicans would NEVER stand for it.

If the church is going to stand in the public square the church is going to have to abide by the public's rules.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:51 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Hey ********* !!! WHo brought this thing up in the first place!??!?!?! You friggin people and the pathetic media know damn well NO ONE was talking about this until Obama made his unconstitutional move.

Talk about nothing else to concern yourself with....

Obama's admin isnt concerned about lowering gas prices
Chu to Congress: We’re not interested in lowering gas prices « Hot Air

Obama has been more concerned with re-election and campaign mode for a while now.

While our economy was in the tank in 2008, what do Obama and the Dems do??? Push for Obamacare.

And thats only part of it. Your statement, much like the medias', is nothing but garbage and you all are complicit with corruption and the transforming of our nation from something great to something we will never ever recover from.

And Obama isnt doing anything to truly strengthen the job situation and he hasnt....except you ***** on the left and in the media think the Stimulus (temporary public work) was about jobs...

Huh, correction your good old boy rick "the church lady" santorum started it. If he had just shut his yap since 28 states already had this place there would not even had been a peep from anyone else regarding the subject

Old 03-02-2012, 07:52 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,386,268 times
Quote:
Nonsense.

Republicans are trying to let psychotic religious crazies dictate women's health issues. FYI, if you don't pay for birth control directly you'll pay for it in other ways including unwanted births. I first started taking birth control pills not because I was sexually active at the time but because my doctor suspected endometriosis when I was in my teens. Why shouldn't MY health care plan cover MY health care issues? Why should a group of backwards religious fanatics get to determine what is and what is not covered by MY health care plan?

This is right wing pandering to the worst elements of the Catholic church. Shame on them!

Notice how the liberals never want people to exercise PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY? Why do you always say "we will all pay" for unwanted births? A conservative solution would be to have the expense end with the FATHER and MOTHER. Taxpayers are not responsible for what you do with your body.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:52 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Sorry. They are not one and the same. Budget Control acye and Continuing Resolutions do NOT qualify as budgets.

You are aware there is a defined budget process.
Please point out in the Constitution or Budget Act where is states an "official Budget" must be passed. I can't seem to locate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies