Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2007, 03:58 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times

Advertisements

Some laws may be too strict or not well-reasoned. No laws is crazy and would subject kids to abuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 03:58 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,916,948 times
as much as I think NAMBLA is disgusting and wrong... everyone has a right to think what they want.. in whatever agenda they think is right... But when these men ACT on it.. in this counrty.. or another..then it is an issue of the law.. We can't legislate people's minds.. there are dirt bags all over.. and unfortunately.. someone has to be a victim before it goes against the laws of the country.... but I do think that sexual predators should have tabs kept on them.. in the sense that if they move into a neighbourhood.. parents should know about it....
If I was a sheep looking for a place to live... I'd want to know if there were wolves around

Old 09-10-2007, 04:58 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,830,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SepiaZelda View Post
While I agree, they view them as ideals. Though I did mean to type ideas. heh But look at Socrates, for example. He is, in many ways, the definition of my life. Yet, he had many sexual relationships with young boys.
Socrates = pedophile/NAMBLA sicko. He is no different than the "prophet" Mohammed who was also a pedophile who had sex with a 12-year old girl.

These guys might have had historial/philosophycal important but that does NOT allow the sexual molestation and DESTRUCTION of CHILDREN!!!

If Socrates was here today, I'd give his pedophile/monster/abuser/molester a swift kick in the a*s!

Old 09-10-2007, 05:01 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,631,619 times
Socrates lived in an era with vastly different social norms. Remember that the heroes of the movie '300' not only had sex with underaged boys, but they also raped male slaves. Funny how that wasn't shown in the film...

Old 09-10-2007, 05:04 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,830,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
as much as I think NAMBLA is disgusting and wrong... everyone has a right to think what they want.. in whatever agenda they think is right... But when these men ACT on it.. in this counrty.. or another..then it is an issue of the law.. We can't legislate people's minds.. there are dirt bags all over.. and unfortunately.. someone has to be a victim before it goes against the laws of the country.... but I do think that sexual predators should have tabs kept on them.. in the sense that if they move into a neighbourhood.. parents should know about it....
If I was a sheep looking for a place to live... I'd want to know if there were wolves around
To THINK, yes. Teach others how to commit felonies that ruin a child's life... NO! Have you ever seen the NAMBLA website??? It is sick. This is not thinking! It is sharing info on how to make others suffer, to rape children. You think having a motto of "Eight is Too Late [for sex]" is normal??

If I was to post a website on how to muder black people or how to rob banks and get away with it, I'd be in jail. How about teaching someone how to rape adult women and get away with it! Think I'd not be arrested?? Come on now! There would be national outrage/cops coming to my house the next day. That is because you are teaching others how to commit and get away with a crime. It is ILLEGAL!! It is NOT considered free speech!

Why is it different when a child is involved??? Why are children less valuable in the USA?? Can someone tell me why the left has made it a priority to make children worthless and valued less than adults?? I know abortion thing has made the value of a child much less in the USA, but how can someone get away with publishing a guide on a website on how to rape little boys and get away with it??? SICK!!

ACLU and NAMBLA: you can both go to Hell. Americans hate you. You and George Soros will answer for this when Judgment Day comes. I'd love to see the ACLU lawyers explain this before God! Even if you do not believe in God, any sensible person would be REPULSED that the ACLU thinks that teaching grown men how to rape little kids is sickening. If anyone does not find that repulsing, then I suggest a psychologist ASAP. You are a threat to society... and to yourself.

Last edited by Nirvana-Guy; 09-10-2007 at 05:20 PM..

Old 09-10-2007, 05:54 PM

454 posts, read 1,338,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
NAMBLA believes that those who are labeled by society as children are being denied their right to consensual sexual experience. They believe that sexuality is natural and positive, and that it can be observed in infants, in preschoolers, in grade-schoolers, and in younger teens. Hence, they advocate for the repeal of age-of-consent and statutory-rape laws. They also believe that most of those in prison on child sexual abuse charges should be released. NAMBLA is opposed to violence, abuse, and coercion, and neither encourages nor condones illegal activity.
I know that is their stated purpose. It does not, however, address the fact that NAMBLA advocates sex between adults and children. If children have learned to consent and have reached the age of reason, then that's news to me.

Old 09-10-2007, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
No, the parent in this case was the FBI...
Oh come on, that is a serious oversimplification that implies something that did not exist.

Old 09-10-2007, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
Socrates = pedophile/NAMBLA sicko. He is no different than the "prophet" Mohammed who was also a pedophile who had sex with a 12-year old girl.

These guys might have had historial/philosophycal important but that does NOT allow the sexual molestation and DESTRUCTION of CHILDREN!!!

If Socrates was here today, I'd give his pedophile/monster/abuser/molester a swift kick in the a*s!
A 12 year old girl in Mohammed's time was a very different thing than a 12 year old today. Also, you have to wonder if the boys in question saw it as abuse. Alcibiades sure didn't seem to mind.

Old 09-10-2007, 06:08 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,468,029 times
What I would like to know is what is the sexual orientation of those who "understand" or think NAMBLA's free speech should be protected or their heros are known child molesters?

I am sure normal people would like to see them wiped off the face of the planet.

Old 09-10-2007, 06:17 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,768,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SepiaZelda View Post
I am honestly torn. I find the statement: rape is wrong at all times and in all places to be categorically true. While the boys Socrates, et al, were diddling with were not being raped by the standards of the day, as you say, children cannot give consent. And if we slide into the seduction of ethical relativism, we can't condemn anything at any time.
But we don't live in a world of ethical relativism. We can use relativism as an intellectual exercise without sliding into the realm of infinite relativism in our present context.

This is the danger of intellectualism and post-modernism, that it can lead one to accept almost anything because deconstruction and decontextualization lead to the conclusion that there is nothing to conclude. But every point in space and time is contextual and contingent. Stuff matters in the context of every event. Maybe not in black holes, never been in one that I know of, but as humans on planet Earth it seems obvious that moral relativism is a tool for analysis, not a tool for creating excuses to abuse children. Know what I'm sayin'?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies