Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Limbaugh cross the line of humane decorum?
Is he just being "ever so silly"? 12 27.91%
Is he a complete, immoral, vile inhumane creature? 31 72.09%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 03:46 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Of course it's outrageous. That's why he said it: He likes to illustrate absurdity by drawing it to absurd lengths.

The only people trying to pretend he was serious, are you puffed-up faux-outraged leftist twisters and spinners who don't dare acknowledge what you know he meant.

They fall for it every day.

(Hint: Rush doesn't care what you say about
him as long as you keep talking about him.)

Old 03-02-2012, 03:46 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
Is anyone with a heart, soul and brain as disturbed as I am about Rush Limbaugh calling someone's daughter, sister, friend a s...t, a w...e and a pros.....? Seriously, thats ok with so many people it makes a sane person's heart sink that we have succumed to such hateful, spiteful vile speech! Rush Limbaugh rolls in a slimepit of disgust on a daily basis, he vomits hate and bigotry minute by minute and he is still on the air. Its time to dump this jerk. There are several petitions going around at the present time to stop his advertisers from supporting such vile behavior. Its time to support the return of civility in this country.
Face it...you just hate the fact that it was a woman that was pilloried. If it was a conservative white male taking the heat, you'd be in a euphoric high paralleled only by the high you felt when hippies were spitting on Viet Nam vets.

False outrage wrapped in a birth control bubble foil pack. That's all this is.

60's Feminist outrage doesn't impress me.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:47 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
My significant other was "a gasp" when she heard Limbaughs comments about "If you are given free birth control, you should film the sex and post it online to pay us back". And she doesn't even get involved in politics.

He is a stupid blowhard prescription drug addict.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:48 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Face it...you just hate the fact that it was a woman that was pilloried. If it was a conservative white male, you'd be in a euphoric high paralleled only by the high you felt when hippies were spitting on Viet Nam vets.

False outrage wrapped in birth control bubble foil pack. That's all this is.
Tis true.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:49 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Face it...you just hate the fact that it was a woman that was pilloried. If it was a conservative white male taking the heat, you'd be in a euphoric high paralleled only by the high you felt when hippies were spitting on Viet Nam vets.

False outrage wrapped in birth control bubble foil pack. That's all this is.
The man said that women should film their sexual encounters and post them online for crying out loud.

Hell even Republicans should be offended by that.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:51 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
And who told you that? Your dittohead master?

The woman in question was testifying that her roommate could not get coverage for birth control, which is used to treat as well as to protect from pregnancy.

Geez. Some people are so gullible.
she is the one that complained about the cost of the pill, and i posted a link that indicates the pill can be bought for $50 a month, far less than the $3000 per year she is claiming.

besides i have also said that if the pill is being used to treat an illness, then it should be covered by the insurance. if the pill is going to be used just for birth control, the she can buy the pills herself.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:51 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
Her speech was so much more intelligible and mature than some posters on this thread bashing her.
Or Limbaugh.

There is no excuse for the things that fat piece of crap said about that young woman. And apparently sponsors are thinking the same thing because so far as I've heard today, at least two have jumped ship.

I don't know if she has any legal recourse, but if she does, I hope she sues his fat ass all the way from here to kingdom come. I'm willing to bet Gloria Allred is positively wringing her hands over this (I have heard that a number of attorneys actually want to get involved).

I hope that young woman's parents are proud of her for having the courage to speak the way she did and I hope she is getting lots of support from family and friends in the wake of that vile a-hole's comments.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:52 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
Is anyone with a heart, soul and brain as disturbed as I am about Rush Limbaugh calling someone's daughter, sister, friend a s...t, a w...e and a pros.....? Seriously, thats ok with so many people it makes a sane person's heart sink that we have succumed to such hateful, spiteful vile speech! Rush Limbaugh rolls in a slimepit of disgust on a daily basis, he vomits hate and bigotry minute by minute and he is still on the air. Its time to dump this jerk. There are several petitions going around at the present time to stop his advertisers from supporting such vile behavior. Its time to support the return of civility in this country.
No.

No more than anybody is too much upset over the dead lukewarm body of Andrew Breitbart and all the nasty spew coming from the left about him.

Who cares right?

Rush Limbaugh always has said things for shock factor. It's what he DOES.... Has Rush had sex with her? I doubt it. But Oh.. OH-Baaa-mah comes to her rescue to help out with an apology.

They should call him President Opalogist.

Obama calls Sandra Fluke to offer support over Limbaugh comments

Yes, President Opalogist... we get it, "you're sorry".

Old 03-02-2012, 03:53 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,781,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the $3000 per year she is claiming.
$3000 for three or four years.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:53 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Or Limbaugh.

There is no excuse for the things that fat piece of crap said about that young woman. And apparently sponsors are thinking the same thing because so far as I've heard today, at least two have jumped ship.

I don't know if she has any legal recourse, but if she does, I hope she sues his fat ass all the way from here to kingdom come. I'm willing to bet Gloria Allred is positively wringing her hands over this (I have heard that a number of attorneys actually want to get involved).

I hope that young woman's parents are proud of her for having the courage to speak the way she did and I hope she is getting lots of support from family and friends in the wake of that vile a-hole's comments.
since she made herself a public figure, she has no recourse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies