Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 12:27 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,350,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
I agree with the type statement but trig etc?

Your kidding right? What good will this do for the economy. People should learn economics, the difference between an asset and a liability, how one effects the other, compound interest, how to read balance sheet, cash flow. Balance a checkbook would be nice just to name a few. Run home finance like a business.
The above should be taught senior year in every high school at the very least! You don't have to be a rocket scientist to balance a check book, but it is mind boggling the number of people who can't. The attorneys I worked for, for example - you'd be surprised how many times there were insufficient funds in the payroll account on payday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 02:05 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
My business is tied directly to the economy at large. When the economy is building momentum, so does my business. When the economy is flat so is my business. When the economy is booming, again, so is my business. As of this moment, my business is flat and has been for some time. I have seen no improvement and in fact it has gotten worse over the last 6 months or so. Believe all the stats and graphs you want, but if I don't haul it, it isn't being sold. Peddle "the economy is booming" to someone who doesn't know better...

Old 03-05-2012, 02:45 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
The Great Comeback No One Will Believe

Beating Obama will be impossible with a quickly strengthening economy.
Don't know what you're reading or listening to, but in many places the economy is doing anything BUT coming back. In fact, it's getting worse. In parts of the country, people are still losing their jobs.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:07 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Already going to the "MSM" conspiracy theory because you can see a loss on the horizon.

Obama's approval rating at this point in his first term is below that of every modern president who won reelection.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:33 AM

1,148 posts, read 1,683,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
So stories about an improving economy are depressing to you?
Economy improving???? HA!!! Maybe for the top 1%. For the rest of us, things are not good. I don't know if MSM thinks we all smoke enough stuff to believe their bull crap lies about the economy improving or what, but all you have to do is look around and realize things are actually worse.

I see more people panhandling.
I see more people buying food with food stamps.
I see insanely high gas prices.
I see my neighbors abandoning their homes due to not being able to make the mortgage payment.
I see people giving up looking for work and applying for disability and welfare.
I see people who have been out of work since 2008.
I see people who are underemployed. College grads with the so-called good degrees working at Starbucks.
I see more young adults living with mom and dad.
I see more homeless people. Even my tiny town of 2000 people now has homeless people. Homelessness is no longer a big city problem. It is everywhere.

If anyone thinks any of these things are good, then they are insane. All of the things I just listed mean that our standard of living is dropping.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:26 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Obama's approval rating at this point in his first term is below that of every modern president who won reelection.
Harry Trumans' was lower. Reagans' was just barely above where Obama is.

Presidential Approval for President Truman

Presidential Approval Ratings -- Gallup Historical Statistics and Trends

The recovery is excelerating (and Obama's approval rating will increase with it):

"The pace of job creation by private employers accelerated more than expected in February, a report by a payrolls processor showed on Wednesday.

The private sector added 216,000 jobs last month, the ADP National Employment Report showed, topping economists’ expectations for a gain of 208,000.

January’s payrolls figures were revised up to an increase of 173,000 from 170,000."

News Headlines (http://www.cnbc.com/id/46651876 - broken link)

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies