Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2012, 06:58 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiteacher View Post
I also present third party's platforms, it is part of my curriculum. I was a liberatiarian at one point in my life. I believe that children should be exposed to all points of view, regardless of my own.
You went from libertarian to authoritarian?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Actually, most of my students are moderate/liberal. But, your comment gave me a funny visual. I just am so fed up with the likes of Rick, Newt, and Mitt that I will now answer the question, "Who will you vote for?" Because I WILL NOT vote for THEM.
Well those people, for the most part, are trying to tell you the truth. So instead of listening to them with regards of the path your country is on you would rather be lied to and told everything will be okay if you just go over the cliff holding hands with Obama et al.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The only ones who were easily programmed were the Obama supporters chanting "Hope and change," and "Yes, we can." They certainly were not "thinking for themselves."
Well he is/was The One™. It's just that no one told them the one to what.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:38 AM

391 posts, read 513,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
So your liberal;moderate strudents began a agenda against women. Did you call them names too when they did this. Your announcemnt really sounded like your so arrogant that you think your comig out of the closet is a major politcal event.Get a life;who cares.You could say your a Castro supporter for all others care.
Sorry, by they. I meant people like Santorum and his supporters. Newt and his treatment of the women around him. Rush and his ignorant condensending attitude.

I don't think that it is a major political event, and if you're not interested then don't read. And while I'm at it, I think you come across as highly rude! Get a life? No one cares. Thanks for letting me know what everyone elses opinion is. I think I can see arrogance showing a little in your comment.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:43 AM

391 posts, read 513,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
You went from libertarian to authoritarian?
Yes, I am now a feminazi apparently. (read with sarcasm)

Seriously, I consider myself a moderate/liberal.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:06 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times
Quote:
First, believe me or not, I have always and will remain neutral in my teaching. I just will no longer hide my own political leaning. When I'm asked, I'll admit to being a democrat. Second, I present the parties using their own platforms, published by them. I show their debates, without comment. I ask them their opinions. And, ask them to learn about these things from primary sources.

This proves that you are nothing but a liar!!!!!!

"The right wing has just gotten insane and I won't allow any of my students to have the mistaken idea that I would support any of them."

Old 03-03-2012, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Yes, I am now a feminazi apparently. (read with sarcasm)

Seriously, I consider myself a moderate/liberal.
I didn't write femanazi. I wrote authoritarian. Femanizism is an entirely different plague on the human race.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Abosolutely and totally ridiculous. I think that it is shamefull to ridicule people in that manner for their beliefs.
You liberals do it all of the time here on CD,,

Old 03-03-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
You liberals do it all of the time here on CD,,
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiteacher
Abosolutely and totally ridiculous. I think that it is shamefull to ridicule people in that manner for their beliefs.

Check out post 37.....

Old 03-03-2012, 04:40 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Did I ever say he was doing a super job? Personally, I give the guy a C for performance. But the current crop of Republican candidates is a joke--unless you live in a right wing echo chamber. As an educated person, I couldn't justify voting for such people.
LMAO-----it is hilarious for anyone to think that they are "lowering their standards" to vote for a candidate in the present Republican field.

Anyone that votes twice for our shallow, divisive, union-bought president deserves the ridicule of even the dumbest humans (even those that live in Europe!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies