Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2012, 02:34 PM

620 posts, read 1,299,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
You obviously do.

Look how far you've come with farrakan, sharpton and jesse!
Those aren't my leaders, either.

And, I've come pretty far considering that I have three degrees, reared in a middle class family with a father who is a retired military officer and now educator, and a mother who was in the nursing profession. I've come far indeed.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:34 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,285,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I'm starting to understand why you need leaders, people who are weak minded always need someone to lead them around like blind sheep.
So not only do you think the vast majority of Blacks are ignorant, but also weak minded.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Why do you even need your own leaders?
Because we have a separate and distinct history that is unique to our community; I don't begrudge the Irish American community their own leaders nor do I begrudge any Jewish community theirs. But, the problem seems to be that people expect some national leader to lead some unified agenda when there is not nor will ever be a monolithic Black American perspective.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:38 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What am i supposed to "fix" exactly?

I'm living quite well. Nice wife, good kid, nice home, travel a lot, pretty good gig...lot'sa friends. Live in a great state in a great area...in other words, that American Dream thing is working out quite well for me.

So what should i fix? You tell me. Cuz i'm looking around, and nothing around here appears to be broken.
Well let's see...

According to a recent study published by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in February 2011, “Although blacks make up only 13.6 percent of the U.S. population, they account for 50.3 percent of all diagnosed cases of HIV. Additionally, the rate of HIV diagnosis among black men is eight times that of whites and two times that of Hispanics, and the rate for black women is 19 times that of whites and four times that of Hispanics.”

According to the most recent government figures from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “72 percent of black mothers are unwed which eclipses that of most other groups: 17 percent of Asians, 29 percent of whites, 53 percent of Hispanics and 66 percent of Native Americans.” To be sure, these statistics do not imply that babies born to unwed mothers will be unsuccessful or devoid of opportunities. However, the data does bespeak of the need for more fathers in the home who are involved in their child’s life.

According to the US Department of Education, “Nearly half of the nation’s African American students attend high schools in low-income areas with dropout rates that hover in the 40-50% range.” “Dropout factories” (i.e., high schools that routinely have senior classes with 60% fewer students than their entering freshmen classes) are estimated to produce 73% of African American, 66% of Latino, and 34% of White dropouts, respectively.

According to a relatively recent graduation rate report from the Education Sector, an independent think tank, “Fewer than half of the black students who enroll in collegegraduate from four-year institutions within six years. Nationally, the average six-year graduation rate for all students is 57 percent.”
Moreover, a 2009 Associated Press analysis of government data on the 83 federally designated four-year HBCUs indicated that only 37 percent of their black students finish a degree within six years, which is 4 percentage points lower than the national collegegraduation rate for black students.

According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, “The racial composition of the US prison and jail population as of 2008 was 60.21% (African American (non-Hispanic), 20.29% Hispanic, 13.44% White American (non-Hispanic) , and 6.06% Other (American Indian, Alaska Native, Asian American, Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander American, and Multiracial American).”
Relative to black on black crime, the most recent government statistics indicated that “43% of all murder victims in 2007 were African American, 93.1% of whom were killed were African Americans.”

According to recent US Census Bureau data, “24.7% of all African-American live in poverty in comparison to 8.6% of all non-Hispanic White, 11.8% of all Asian-American and 23.2% of all Hispanic.” The Labor Department statistics still show the current unemployment rate among blacks hovering around 16 percent, although the economy as a whole has shown some improvement.

According to the US Centers for Disease Control Health Disparities and Inequalities Report (Jan. 2011), “Black women and men have much higher coronary heart disease (CHD) death rates in the 45–74 age group than women and men of other races. A higher percentage of black women (37.9%) than white women (19.4%) died before age 75 as a result of CHD, as did black men (61.5%) compared with white men (41.5%). And, a higher percentage of black women (39%) died of stroke before age 75 compared with white women (17.3%) as did black men (60.7%) compared to white men (31.1%). “

Old 03-03-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
That's the question I have been wondering about myself. Makes no sense to me. It seems all Americans should have the same leaders.. They did not want separate but equal, but they have their own leaders
There are many different types of leaders. You are being purposefully ignorant if you refuse to acknowledge that.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
So not only do you think the vast majority of Blacks are ignorant, but also weak minded.

Who said that, your other personality? Which personality is posting now?

Old 03-03-2012, 02:42 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
same reason many dont like jessie jackson.
they talk about dirty laundry alot.
al sharpton is interesting, i dont think they always know how to take him.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Siobhan View Post
Because we have a separate and distinct history that is unique to our community; I don't begrudge the Irish American community their own leaders nor do I begrudge any Jewish community theirs. But, the problem seems to be that people expect some national leader to lead some unified agenda when there is not nor will ever be a monolithic Black American perspective.
And what would that unified agenda be? Why do individual races of people need their own agenda?

Old 03-03-2012, 02:45 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,285,776 times
Quote:
Well let's see...

According to a recent study published by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in February 2011, “Although blacks make up only 13.6 percent of the U.S. population, they account for 50.3 percent of all diagnosed cases of HIV. Additionally, the rate of HIV diagnosis among black men is eight times that of whites
Is that why you don't associate with Black people? You know you can't catch HIV through casual contact, you. .... oh wait, awww. Now it makes sense.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Is that why you don't associate with Black people? You know you can't catch HIV through casual contact, you. .... oh wait, awww. Now it makes sense.
You really should stop making up stupid lies since nobody ever said anything like that. You're so angry you're making stuff up, just give up and follow someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.