Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 10:57 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,324,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
Nicest people I've met were in a mosh-pit. You lose your footing, you don't have time to fall on your ass before twelve people have their paws on you pulling you back up.
Yep, I've been in a pit a few times in my life, came out with some bruises, but had an awesome time.

Bad things happen, its that simple, we shouldn't ban everyones good time because of a few idiots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 11:01 AM

3,614 posts, read 3,494,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
At least another 1000 rap music concerts last night, and every other night before that.

What percentage have violence at them? I've seen someone get stabbed at a rock concert, should we just ban all live music?
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
I can vouch for this. Friend of mine got knocked out in a mosh pit (boot to the head) and a bunch of guys got her to saftey.

At another concert for my favourite band, a bunch of us told this one scrawny Asian chick that she didn't want to stand where she was standing, because that's where the mosh pit was going break out.

She didn't listen.

So I picked her up when she inevitably fell and carried her out of the pit and went back for more moshing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Yep, I've been in a pit a few times in my life, came out with some bruises, but had an awesome time.

Bad things happen, its that simple, we shouldn't ban everyones good time because of a few idiots.
Then again, at the very same concert, some young girl was body-surfing the crowd, and the animals intentionally tore her blouse off. Wasn't a smart move of her to be up there, but it's pretty irresponsible of all those guys.

So, you know, you kind of lose your mind at a concert, and that's a bit of the point.

Old 03-03-2012, 11:30 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,265,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Obviously these people turn into mindless animals when attending.
Why is that?

Shooting at Arizona Club Leaves 13 Hurt - TIME (http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2108245,00.html - broken link)
It's Arizona, the land of imbeciles, what do you expect.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:10 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,066,871 times
The scariest part is that there are people that consider rap.... music these days

Rap and hip hop as an art form dies with Tupac and Biggie

Of course you have the mindless American idiot who defends it ...... no surprise, many have no class

Old 03-03-2012, 12:19 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,494,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
The scariest part is that there are people that consider rap.... music these days

Rap and hip hop as an art form dies with Tupac and Biggie

Of course you have the mindless American idiot who defends it ...... no surprise, many have no class
Yes, what a shame somebody decides to defend free expression. Damn those freedom-loving hippie scum.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:30 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,496,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
I can vouch for this. Friend of mine got knocked out in a mosh pit (boot to the head) and a bunch of guys got her to saftey.

At another concert for my favourite band, a bunch of us told this one scrawny Asian chick that she didn't want to stand where she was standing, because that's where the mosh pit was going break out.

She didn't listen.

So I picked her up when she inevitably fell and carried her out of the pit and went back for more moshing.
Thirded! I fell many times at concerts at the Boathouse, the Jetty, 17st Club, pretty much anywhere groups of punks and metalheads played in Hampton Roads and never failed to have a dozen people pick me up. \m/

Old 03-03-2012, 12:33 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,066,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
Yes, what a shame somebody decides to defend free expression. Damn those freedom-loving hippie scum.
Put words in my mouth eh?

Try learning to read sometime

I did not say ban it, but rather that people defend it as being music rather than call it what it is these days... garbage

I am sure you will misread this post as well though.... next you will be saying I am a racist probably

Old 03-03-2012, 12:37 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,496,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Put words in my mouth eh?

Try learning to read sometime

I did not say ban it, but rather that people defend it as being music rather than call it what it is these days... garbage

I am sure you will misread this post as well though.... next you will be saying I am a racist probably
Bumper sticker seen on a car at Norfolk General Hospital many years ago: "You can't spell crap without rap."

The driver was a giant black guy with a mohawk and a leather jacket with Conflict, Misfits, and Black Flag patches on it.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:39 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,173,835 times
Nah, rap music should be allowed to exist. If those people are dumb enough to get riled up at a concert and start shooting at each other, then it's their problem, and there will be less of them next time around.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:41 PM

649 posts, read 1,130,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Obviously these people turn into mindless animals when attending.
Why is that?

Shooting at Arizona Club Leaves 13 Hurt - TIME (http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2108245,00.html - broken link)
here's a novel idea, if you don't like rap don't go to their concerts, and leave big, intrusive, overreaching government regulations out of it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies