Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 06:06 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Obviously these people turn into mindless animals when attending.
Why is that?

Shooting at Arizona Club Leaves 13 Hurt - TIME (http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2108245,00.html - broken link)

people turn in to monster zombies at sporting events, yep it hapens all the time..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 06:06 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,177 times
Quote:
Why is that?

Shooting at Arizona Club Leaves 13 Hurt - TIME (http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2108245,00.html - broken link)
Gangster rap is a big problem but the record suits won't allow the black kids to become free thinkers...

Old 03-03-2012, 10:21 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,192,924 times
Quote:
Why is that?

I guess you then need to ban rock and country concerts then too. Bars, contact sports should go as well. Public protests, etc, would have to go. We should stop people from driving to prevent accidents, stop flying to prevent crashes and close all stores around Christmas and Black Friday.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:32 PM

811 posts, read 550,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
But I love rap that has misogynistic lyrics. I used to have a problem with that kind of rap, but not anymore.
That's one of the main problems I have with mainstream/most of rap. The misogyny. Honestly, this is something that's confused me. How could you support that? Do you have a sister, or daughter? And even your mom, you do realize that's disrespectful to all of them right? You may say "it's just music" but if somebody came making misogynistic jokes about a woman you loved would you really "love" it?

I'll take Lupe Fiasco any day over 90% of mainstream rappers. And I don't think there has been any riots or killings at his concerts because he promotes positivity.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:34 PM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Gangster rap is a big problem but the record suits won't allow the black kids to become free thinkers...
Maybe they should ask their dads for advice? Oh Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap.

Seriously, did you just place the blame on record company execs?

Old 03-03-2012, 10:50 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
That's one of the main problems I have with mainstream/most of rap. The misogyny. Honestly, this is something that's confused me. How could you support that? Do you have a sister, or daughter? And even your mom, you do realize that's disrespectful to all of them right? You may say "it's just music" but if somebody came making misogynistic jokes about a woman you loved would you really "love" it?

I'll take Lupe Fiasco any day over 90% of mainstream rappers. And I don't think there has been any riots or killings at his concerts because he promotes positivity.
I started supporting misogynistic rap after I discovered how those people really are, along with their double standards and typical annoyances.

And what does family have to do with men not liking or caring about those other people?

Old 03-03-2012, 11:41 PM

811 posts, read 550,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I started supporting misogynistic rap after I discovered how those people really are, along with their double standards and typical annoyances.

And what does family have to do with men not liking or caring about those other people?
And how do you know how those people really are? Have you met them? And I don't really understand what double standards and typical annoyances you're referring to please explain.

You say you love misogynistic rap, ever heard of Too $hort? One of the most misognistic rappers ever, you know there's a recent scandal of him in an interview advising middle school boys on how to nearly sexually assault a girl? Art imitates life, so what too short does/believes is what he writes about best believe.

And the definition of the word misogyny is hatred of women. So in other words, you say you love misogynistic lyrics, those same lyrics you say you love disrespect any woman involved in your life. I am asking are you ok with that? You're saying you support a sub-genre of rap that degrades and offends a whole gender?

Old 03-03-2012, 11:44 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,229,779 times
Quote:
Why is that?

And you also want to ban freedom of speech. Nice.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:21 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
And how do you know how those people really are? Have you met them? And I don't really understand what double standards and typical annoyances you're referring to please explain.

You say you love misogynistic rap, ever heard of Too $hort? One of the most misognistic rappers ever, you know there's a recent scandal of him in an interview advising middle school boys on how to nearly sexually assault a girl? Art imitates life, so what too short does/believes is what he writes about best believe.

And the definition of the word misogyny is hatred of women. So in other words, you say you love misogynistic lyrics, those same lyrics you say you love disrespect any woman involved in your life. I am asking are you ok with that? You're saying you support a sub-genre of rap that degrades and offends a whole gender?
I'm not going to answer you direct question if I care about the disrespect to women in my personal life.

In a sense, a great number of those people talk smart and act all intelligent, thinking they're better than a normal person. These people literally talk bad about men all the talk and won't deal with any criticism while they're at it. And there's tons of singers making misandric songs. And those songs make a lot of sales. A lot of these people think it's okay to hit a human. But if he strikes back, it's over for him.

And I know the definition of misogyny pretty well. I can support more than just "misogynistic" rap. If those people face disrespect or discrimination, it's like whatever. And why do you keep bringing up women in my personal life anyway?

As for rapper Too Short, I doubt he's teaching boys how to do that. I'm sure the scandal was made up. Now boys do need good role models in their lives. Boys need to be taught to focus on their education and avoid those other people. Besides, boys get in trouble in school for nothing because of a lie a broad has told.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-06-2012 at 02:52 PM..

Old 03-04-2012, 01:45 AM

1,081 posts, read 916,003 times
13 people in Tempe, Az would disagree with most of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies