Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 01:49 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
Quiet, racist, your opinion doesn't matter here.

I don't want to take us off topic, but it's a little hypocritical to sit in the peanut gallery and talk about other peoples' tastes in music. Whatever you listen to is crap too. If it wasn't performed by a deaf German, I'm not interested.
Ok bro, whatever... stop being offended because you have bad taste.... my favorite musicians are Mozart, Sinatra, The Doors, Iron Maiden, Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklin and Led Zeppelin....

Yeah, I thought so...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Hip hop didn't start with Tupac and Biggie, and i won't die without them. And if you really knew anything about hip hop as an art form, you'd know that even those two at the top of their game weren't as good as a dozen other people at that same art. So, you exposed yourself as a dilettante musically with that statement.

Secondly, "consider rap to be music?"

Let's be real, after Jazz, what should be considered music has a long dropoff. Like, if Jazz is at the top of Mt. Everest (it is), everything else isn't even at the bottom of the mountain. Hell, it's not even in the same country. So don't be so damn haughty when talking about what should be considered music because as far as i'm concerned, if you don't think Coltrane is God (and i'm SURE that YOU don't), you should be shot. And i'm far more correct than you are.

So of course i defend rap....just like Rock and Roll needed defending from people like you in the late 40's and early 50's.
I agree with you totally that Jazz is great music, Coltrane is a great musician (and I thought so before you mentioned it).... you sir have excellent taste in music

As far as Tupac and Biggie being the best at that time, you are correct in that they were not the best at that time... I was referring to the time period though... rap has become garbage since... not many can argue otherwise.... music as a whole sucks these days....very few with any talent for sure

Start a poll if you don't think so

Old 03-04-2012, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
And you also want to ban freedom of speech. Nice.
You really don't want to go there telling the other party THEY are against the 1st amendment Mr. Democrat.... you REALLY don't want to go there....

Old 03-04-2012, 07:56 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,163 times
How do so many mental defectives like GradyBaaBaa end up on this site? C-D is a site about metropolitan area and neighborhood statistics yet you end up with complete whackadoos spouting nonsense about nonsense.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:31 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Obviously these people turn into mindless animals when attending.
Why is that?

Shooting at Arizona Club Leaves 13 Hurt - TIME (http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2108245,00.html - broken link)
Because they all hate Bill Cosby.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:02 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,170 times
If the only rap you hear is on the radio or on tv,of course you'll assume it's all the same. There are hundreds of artists that have maintained that old school sensibility, yet the teenage girls don't want to hear that, hence no airplay.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:04 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,878 times
There is just as much violence a screaming rock concerts. Violent music will attract violent people. If I remember corectly a woman was literally raped in a mosh pit while limp bizkit was playing break stuff at woodstock 2.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:11 AM

135 posts, read 176,526 times
Quote:
Why is that?

Shooting at Arizona Club Leaves 13 Hurt - TIME (http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2108245,00.html - broken link)
You have to love a good, old fashioned generalisation without rationalisation .

Old 03-04-2012, 11:44 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
I agree with you totally that Jazz is great music, Coltrane is a great musician (and I thought so before you mentioned it).... you sir have excellent taste in music

As far as Tupac and Biggie being the best at that time, you are correct in that they were not the best at that time... I was referring to the time period though... rap has become garbage since... not many can argue otherwise.... music as a whole sucks these days....very few with any talent for sure

Start a poll if you don't think so
This.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:23 PM

74 posts, read 52,712 times
Quote:
Why is that?

Wow. How very tolerant of you. Maybe we should just ban everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies