Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 03:50 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
To the OP...

Being gay is still looked down upon in society whether you like it or not. I'm a straight male, and to be completely honest, I don't like being around gay guys who are NOTICEABLY gay. The ones that wear the scarves and tight pants and that you can tell are completely, undeniably gay. However, I don't mind if a guy is gay as long as he doesn't go around bragging about it or making light of it in every single situation.

I like to be fashionable and I don't ever really worry about being gay. I know who I am and that's that.
Same here.

Old 03-04-2012, 03:51 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,833,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Yet another State has just approved same sex marriages....OMG it's spreading

Maryland Is Eighth US State to Legalize Same-Sex Marriage | USA | English

Homophobes really need to start getting used to it because very soon same sex marriages will be legal everywhere. If you don't approve of gay marriages, don't marry someone of the same sex as you, it's very simple.
I have no problem with same sex marriage being legal in all states. It's not my business as to how people want to live their lives. All I'm saying is I do not like those gay guys that go around talking like idiots and dressing like clowns in order to demonstrate to the world that they're gay. Grow up. Jeez, since you all seem to think I'm a homophobe I'll just say right now that I don't like straight guys who act stupid as well. Hopefully that will calm a few of you down.

Old 03-04-2012, 03:53 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
Quote:
I have no problem with same sex marriage being legal in all states. It's not my business as to how people want to live their lives. All I'm saying is I do not like those gay guys that go around talking like idiots and dressing like clowns in order to demonstrate to the world that they're gay. Grow up. Jeez, since you all seem to think I'm a homophobe I'll just say right now that I don't like straight guys who act stupid as well. Hopefully that will calm a few of you down.
Normal straight men aren't allowed to give their opinions because other groups will literally criticize him.

Can't recall how many times I've seen homosexuals discriminate against or talk bad about straight men.

Old 03-04-2012, 03:54 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
When I said bragging about being gay I didn't mean that they literally verbalize the fact that they're gay. I mean the guys that are extra obnoxious who talk in that annoying "gay" voice and wear women's clothes.

That pisses me off and I even know a guy who's gay who's told me that it pisses him off too.
Do you really think that's just a gay thing? It's a people thing. Some folk are obnoxious and dress in ways we find gross (thinking of the average guy with the flab and no shirt in the summer). That's how it goes with people, tho.

Old 03-04-2012, 03:54 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
I think that gays and lesbians who act in what society considers a gender-appropriate manner and aren't militant get along better than those who don't, unless there are mitigating factors, such as family money, they are in a certain line of work that tolerates it, they are Mozarts in terms of talent at what they do, they are an expert on something, etc.

Old 03-04-2012, 03:55 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Normal straight men aren't allowed to give their opinions because other groups will literally criticize him.

Can't recall how many times I've seen homosexuals discriminate against or talk bad about straight men.
You don't share the opinions of any normal straight men that I know. Most normal straight men that I know are comfortable around people of all genders, races, sexualities, etc.

Old 03-04-2012, 03:56 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Did you mean to quote me?
Not just you. It's a general statement when considering the rainbow of bigotry. Folk like others to comply with their worldview.

Old 03-04-2012, 05:18 PM

44,360 posts, read 20,066,476 times
There's been some very good discussion this thread, but since we keep getting off topic and bickering, I think the thread has run its course. As always, thanks to those who stayed on topic and offered insightful posts.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies