Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 10:11 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
There is a huge difference between nationality vs race.
In this instance no it's not.

If an organisation only allows those of Irish nationality and their decedents, it's de facto non black.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:31 AM

1,129 posts, read 1,245,013 times
The training session was not invitation only, it was held in a public school and therefore at least partially funded by the taxpayers. So, no, it is not ok for them to ban whites. Why would they want to anyway? I would not be at all surprised to find that the Vulcan Society is largely funded by govt. grants just like the Urban League and other black organizations.
Isn't a bit hypocritical for blacks to cry racism at the drop of a hat when this type of thing goes on all the time?
"How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?"

Old 03-04-2012, 10:33 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
The training session was not invitation only, it was held in a public school and therefore at least partially funded by the taxpayers. So, no, it is not ok for them to ban whites. Why would they want to anyway? I would not be at all surprised to find that the Vulcan Society is largely funded by govt. grants just like the Urban League and other black organizations.
Isn't a bit hypocritical for blacks to cry racism at the drop of a hat when this type of thing goes on all the time?
"How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?"
I agree totally, so when are you going to join the NAACP and fight for social justice???

Old 03-04-2012, 10:35 AM

1,129 posts, read 1,245,013 times
The NAACP does not fight for social justice, in fact just the opposite from what I see, they actively promote a double standard.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:39 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
In this instance no it's not.

If an organisation only allows those of Irish nationality and their decedents, it's de facto non black.
So let me get this straight, YOU believe there are no Black Irish?

In fact one post from wiki answers brings us this jewel -

Quote:
Just Facts: Of course there are and were many Black People of Irish decent. I'm living proof of this fact. My Great Grand Parent was born in Ireland in 1815 and came to America in 1852 on-board the Fedila, he was a black man. Many of these people settled in New York and the NE. The European histories of these people predates the Common Era (AD) prior to and including the Roman Empire BCE. The British Isles have been conquered and controlled by numerous cultures for tens of thousands of years. White skinned blue eyed Irish can trace their legacy back to the Viking Norsemen. While Dark skin (Black) Irish genealogy is traced back to the Moors and the Byzantine Empires. In fact one of the last Roman Emperor's of the British Isles was a black man - Septimius Severus (AD 145-211). [LEFT]

Seriously, even with my last high school history lesson being in the 70's already knew you were incorrect without having to look to the internet for that info.
[/LEFT]

Old 03-04-2012, 10:41 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Because minorities still have not overcome the treatment their ancestors had over 100 years ago.
They may need "extra" help and support for another hundred years for all we know.

Meanwhile the Hispanics and Asians seem to be doing just fine without the extra minority help.
When the Hispanics take over as the majority race in America (4 states down..46 to go) then they will be seen as the "oppressors" of minorities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies