Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2012, 06:50 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Let's use this thread to lay out the facts about contraception in the US.

The Guttmacher Institute is always a good place to start but any recognized health institution could also be cited.

Here's a few to get the ball rolling:

• Virtually all women (more than 99%) aged 15–44 who have ever had sexual intercourse have used at least one contraceptive method.[2]

• Overall, 62% of the 62 million women aged 15–44 are currently using a method.

And?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 06:54 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Because she's paying money for health insurance. BTW, nearly all colleges require their students to have HI.
She's paying, probably a minimal amount, for a policy that covers some items and not others. Getting a private policy is too expensive, not an option. Going to a different school wasn't acceptable. Going to PP or another subsidized source isn't good enough. It's her way or no way. We'll see how other students react if Georgetown ends up canceling insurance for students.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:54 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Because she's paying money for health insurance. BTW, nearly all colleges require their students to have HI.
OK, now I really don't expect you to know why Fluke does what she does.

But, how about this question? For the sake of asking.

If Fluke is smart enough to get into law school, why did she decide to go to a Catholic University? Which Georgetown is.

As smart as Fluke is, she had to know that Georgetown wouldn't provide contraception.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:04 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
OK, now I really don't expect you to know why Fluke does what she does.

But, how about this question? For the sake of asking.

If Fluke is smart enough to get into law school, why did she decide to go to a Catholic University? Which Georgetown is.

As smart as Fluke is, she had to know that Georgetown wouldn't provide contraception.
Maybe she thought they had the best program for her.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:05 PM

812 posts, read 594,933 times
Why would you argue with children of welfare babies that believe the world owes them a living?

Old 03-05-2012, 07:21 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Why would you argue with children of welfare babies that believe the world owes them a living?
Just who are you referring to? Please elaborate.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:36 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Since you're handicapped in your analytical skills.

Now I'll do the math for you since your mathematical skills are also lacking.

62 million x .07 = 4.34 million.

There's 313,000,000 people in America.

That's 1.38% of the population who "are at risk for unintended pregnancy."

Do I send my bill to WV caves?
No you can keep your smarmy math (and your lying) all to yourself. We're having none of it. Cement in precedent about groups deciding person choices whose consequences are only born on themselves, not on all others deciding, I suppose predatory legislation would see the wisdom behind castrating all NC males. You're offensive to my religious beliefs, and most importantly, I feel you're a grave threat to national security. We need a new Tory Tree. Hang em high, heads or tails, all the same to me as I amuse myself with a bag of popped corn from the sidelines.

Ain't love thy neighbor grand?

Old 03-05-2012, 07:44 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,170,900 times
So what, that's actually good news! We like them to! LOL

Jackyl - Dirty Little Mind - YouTube

Old 03-05-2012, 07:52 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
She's paying, probably a minimal amount, for a policy that covers some items and not others. Getting a private policy is too expensive, not an option. Going to a different school wasn't acceptable. Going to PP or another subsidized source isn't good enough. It's her way or no way. We'll see how other students react if Georgetown ends up canceling insurance for students.
That insurance policy isn't paid by Georgetown out of the goodness of their heart. The insurance companies need to quit going through the structure of Georgetown BS and have private insurance set at the same premiums they'd charge large groups like Georgetown has set itself up to broker. I seriously doubt the administrative costs associated with having Georgetown standing in the middle is helpful to anyone's bottom line.

No individuals have the right to obstruct the purchase of an insurance policy. Look who is standing in the way and why. It's all hokum they puffed up out of thin air but every single argument they've put forth ought to be applied directly to themselves in spades via the government forcing religious charities to scrutinize where their donations are coming from. If they fail to be meet the criteria of honestly earned money catechism compliant, they must ON RELIGIOUS PRINCIPLE reject that money.

I'm not a pedophile, but somehow, every dollar thrown in the basket to support the Church also pays the tab for a pedophile. We're not going to do that purist principle math? Isn't that curious.

Males should be prohibited from having insurance policies applicable to themselves. We'll have coverage for their lactation coaches & estrogen replacement therapy to compensate for their defective female handicap. It's all I feel they deserve. On religious grounds, of course. Self worshiping religions come in handy, now, don't they?

Old 03-05-2012, 08:06 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,788,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Start making your protest signs now, because you're all going to be crying a river when the Supreme Court decides that the Obamacare mandate is unconstitutional this summer.

You're all going to look like a bunch of spoiled little kids that think that everything you want is a "right" that someone else should pay for, and you didn't get your way.

Then because of the bad publicity on Obama being someone who wipes his butt with the Constitution, he's going to lose the election in Novermber. Then all of you entitled people are really going to be upset. Violent I would guess. It's a real shame.
The mandate is a Republican idea. Always was. I would find it odd that a predominantly Conservative Court would overturn such a conservative-friendly idea as the mandate.

The mandate does the opposite of what you are saying. IT REQUIRES THAT EVERYONE PAYS INTO THE SYSTEM. How does that translate in your mind that someone else should pay for Ms. Flukes health care, or mine? She PAYS for her tuition. She PAYS for healthcare insurance. Soon
EVERYONE will be PAYING.

HOW DOES EVERYONE PAYING IN TO THE SYSTEM TRANSLATE TO FREE ANYTHING FOR ANYBODY?

I keep hearing vague talk from right-wingers about violating the constitution. What article? And how exactly has he violated the Constitution?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies