Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2012, 08:14 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Maybe she thought they had the best program for her.
Yeah, probably.

I guess that since she wasn't capable of accurately factoring in her healthcare needs prior to applying to Georgetown, she'll just have to wait until she graduates and gets a job in order to have protected sex.

Unless .......

Hmmm. There's got to be a way for us to help this poor, helpless young woman get the contraceptives she so desperately needs. It sure was thoughtful of Barack to call her and to ask her if she was going to be alright. If only there was some way. Think. Think.

You can get contraception for free from the county health clinic or from planned parenthood. Hmm, no, that won't do. Maybe she could ask her parents for enough money to buy some rubbers. She could stock some up just in case. No, that won't work.

What is Fluke going to do?

If Fluke has a date with a male law student at Georgetown, maybe he could come up with .75c for a condom. Keeping her legs together would likely not be an option. But, how would someone who can afford to go to law school be able to come up with that kind of dough?

Cruel, cruel world.

Maybe Democrats could have a fundraiser for Fluke. She needs at least $3,000. Maybe she could get a student loan to support her sex life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 08:16 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Yeah, probably.

I guess that since she wasn't capable of accurately factoring in her healthcare needs prior to applying to Georgetown, she'll just have to wait until she graduates and gets a job in order to have protected sex.

Unless .......

Hmmm. There's got to be a way for us to help this poor, helpless young woman get the contraceptives she so desperately needs. It sure was thoughtful of Barack to call her and to ask her if she was going to be alright. If only there was some way. Think. Think.

You can get contraception for free from the county health clinic or from planned parenthood. Hmm, no, that won't do. Maybe she could ask her parents for enough money to buy some rubbers. She could stock some up just in case. No, that won't work.

What is Fluke going to do?

If Fluke has a date with a male law student at Georgetown, maybe he could come up with .75c for a condom. Keeping her legs together would likely not be an option. But, how would someone who can afford to go to law school be able to come up with that kind of dough?

Cruel, cruel world.

Maybe Democrats could have a fundraiser for Fluke. She needs at least $3,000. Maybe she could get a student loan to support her sex life.
Stop making comments about her sex life. I know you think it's clever but it's not and it's also NOT THE ISSUE

Old 03-05-2012, 08:20 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
There is no way for you to know why someone needs BCP, which is why it's not really an issue OR a problem
That is the crux of the problem. No way to know so it is better to just stay out of it. We KNOW BC is used to prevent pregnancies so they won't take the chance it is being used for something else. No way to know unless the woman says it is or it is not. Most BC is used that way though.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
That is the crux of the problem. No way to know so it is better to just stay out of it. We KNOW BC is used to prevent pregnancies so they won't take the chance it is being used for something else. No way to know unless the woman says it is or it is not. Most BC is used that way though.
I don't see a problem. If I don't want to be pregnant it's a smart thing to do...right?

Old 03-05-2012, 08:26 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:
I don't see a problem. If I don't want to be pregnant it's a smart thing to do...right?
They can do anything they want---the problem is they want others to be dragged into it.

Fluke---what a name for this. Seems to be a parody on it. LOL

Old 03-05-2012, 08:51 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Let's go preemptive and just remove these people before they ever start spending other people's money like there's no tomorrow! They've already told us they're defunct and defective and that their reproductive organs are fatally flawed and their sexual choices, along with their very will, is woefully inadequate.

It's the only answer. It's the best answer. It's the cheapest answer. We should mandate it!

Old 03-05-2012, 09:45 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,719 times
Quote:
Stop making comments about her sex life.
No, I won't stop making comments about Fluke's sex life.

Quote:
I know you think it's clever but it's not and it's also NOT THE ISSUE
This is the "issue" from the OP.
Quote:
Breaking News: 99% of American women aged 15-44 are, or have used at least one contraceptive method.
Let's use this thread to lay out the facts about contraception in the US.
You think the issue is that insurance companies must be required to provide coverage for contraception in order to positively affect women's health, either for free or at a low cost. And that this is a right. Which it isn't.

And Obama's mandates, whether on religious organizations or on insurance companies, are unconstitutional.

Also, all women in America already have access to contraception. So what's the beef?

When the Supreme Court knocks down Obamacare this summer, Fluke will have to re-assess her options, one of which, may include going to planned parenhood.

Whenever Progressives want something - they declare it a right - a thing that society can't deny them.

Sorry, but you're not entitled to everything you "think" that you are entitled to.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:07 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Two major flaws with your comment...

1. Most insurance plans have covered Rx birth control for years (with a copay), which is how everyone is able to afford it. I should know, as I always check for that area of coverage when joining a new insurance plan - and I've yet to see one that doesn't cover BC & OB/GYN visits.

2. This isn't about public funding, at least not entirely... as these regulations would apply to employee benefits & individual plans, neither of which are covered by "the public." Hasn't this already been stated numerous times? For goodness sakes people, you could at least SKIM the thread/s before posting!
then why the big fuzz about forcing the catholic church to pay for such services. or forcing ins. companies to cover such services. it about Obama care its is about free fundng. i have study this is part of OPbama care.no body care to pay attention when polosi said pass the bill so you can find out whats in it. well we are finding out and we don't like it!!

Old 03-05-2012, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
No, I won't stop making comments about Fluke's sex life.

This is the "issue" from the OP.

You think the issue is that insurance companies must be required to provide coverage for contraception in order to positively affect women's health, either for free or at a low cost. And that this is a right. Which it isn't.

And Obama's mandates, whether on religious organizations or on insurance companies, are unconstitutional.

Also, all women in America already have access to contraception. So what's the beef?

When the Supreme Court knocks down Obamacare this summer, Fluke will have to re-assess her options, one of which, may include going to planned parenhood.

Whenever Progressives want something - they declare it a right - a thing that society can't deny them.

Sorry, but you're not entitled to everything you "think" that you are entitled to.
I don't take your posts seriously, nobody does. Especially if you keep wanting to talk about someones sex life which, by you own link, isn't mentioned in the OP. The same people complaining about BC coverage are trying to close down Planned Parenthoods. You know this right?

And yes, we are entitled to products that serve our needs if we pay for them. It's the American way...deal with it.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:36 AM

812 posts, read 595,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Just who are you referring to? Please elaborate.

The elaboration is as follows falls angel. The working people of this country are sick and tired of shucking and jiving to the dictates of the hedonistic left wing political vote who.e gimme machine. Get it? That is my elaboration. If women can't afford a rubber buy a bottle of childrens bayer and put one between their knees and take some personal responsibility. Get it or do I need to further elaborate. No one owes any one else in this coutry birth control pills or sex toys for their psychological well being. Trust me that will be next or maybe lubricant, strawberry flavored I guess?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies