Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 03:34 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
It seems to be that only people who say "you don't have a girlfriend? You don't want a girlfriend? Are you gay?" are men looking to make fun of someone
Now see, I'm not married. But, even if I had a girlfriend I might tell someone I don't, because I might be trying to "get it in" with the next chick. And I can't speak for others, but I'll tell you this, I don't appreciate being made fun of. So, the first one to ask me if I'm gay, is gettin' served, straight up and down, with no chaser. And win, lose, or draw, I bet everything I own, when I'm done with 'em, they're gonna respect me. That's my word!

Last edited by Just1Fan; 03-08-2012 at 03:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
That's ann odd thing to say, considering that most gays don't choose their sexual orientation.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a persons sexual orientation determined as an embryo? I mean, most of us are given one set of tools, right? And, what we decide to do with our tools is our choice, isn't it? We can't choose what race we want to be, but we sure as hell can choose how we use our tools. As a matter of speaking, my niece, who was heterosexual, was married to her high school sweetheart for over 10 years, before she decided to get a divorce and marry a woman. Her choice.

Last edited by Just1Fan; 03-08-2012 at 04:07 PM..

Old 03-08-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesjow View Post
A rational person would be angry at the individual who molested him or her and not jump to some moronic assumption that an entire class of people are likely to be pedophiles because they encountered one. Would you assume that all straight men are pedos and have a problem "accepting" them because you or someone you love gets molested by one?!? Doubtful. That's a level of scorn you probably reserve for gay people.

Oh, and proclaiming your lack of a problem with gay people in bold face won't make it more believable after you've typed pseudo-homophobic nonsense like you have in this thread.
NEWS FLASH: everyone isn't rational. And, I'm Just1Fan, WHO COULDN'T CARE LESS, ABOUT WHAT YOU BELIEVE!

Old 03-08-2012, 10:18 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
Alright, watch this. If a 5 year old boy gets molested by a grown man, is that man gay? Now, lets turn it up a notch. What if that innocent child grows up to hate gay people, based on a terrible experience when he was penetrated by one. Would you expect him to be "more accepting" of gays or mad as hell at every gay guy he came into contact with? You see, if you haven't walked in a persons shoes, you'll never understand why they feel the way they do. Some people accept gays and some don't. I don't have a problem with gays, but per my example, I understand why some people would. I can't blame people for the way they feel, especially if I don't know their story. The difference between me and you is I feel that little boys pain, and you don't. I don't think everyone should be in the same category as me. If he grows up not accepting gays, that's his right. Are you saying he's wrong? I'd like to see how "more accepting" of gays you'd be, if it was your child.
Pedophiles are usually straight.

Homosexuality and Pedophilia: The False Link | Psychology Today

Facts About Homosexuality and Child Molestation

Old 03-08-2012, 10:24 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
it is the same thing if a male dresses nice or takes care of his physical appearance, it is labeled here in America as gay.

if a man wears flip flops it is labeled as gay.

American really have a sever problem with labeling anything that is....I cant even think of the word, but they label everything as gay.

and you wonder why they think someone is gay if they dont marry.

Americans have serious hangups.
I have to agree.
The who culture is based on fear of sexuality and sex.
It's a sin that they crave.
It's as insane a culture as the middle east insanity and they don't even see it.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:41 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
First of all, I've been hit on by many gay men, to which I simply respond, "your not my type".
WOW, you must surely be a hot looking stud.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:45 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a persons sexual orientation determined as an embryo?
You are wrong. Scientists haven't figured out exactly how sexual orientation is determined.

Quote:
I mean, most of us are given one set of tools, right? And, what we decide to do with our tools is our choice, isn't it? We can't choose what race we want to be, but we sure as hell can choose how we use our tools. As a matter of speaking, my niece, who was heterosexual, was married to her high school sweetheart for over 10 years, before she decided to get a divorce and marry a woman. Her choice.
You really don't see the difference between sexual orientation and "how we use our tools"? Sure, everyone chooses how and when to use their "tools", but it's very difficult to suppress an attraction to another human being. It usually just happens whether you want it to or not.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
KEY WORD: usually, i.e. not always. Besides, I wouldn't know the facts. I was simply making a point, my friend.

Last edited by Just1Fan; 03-09-2012 at 04:14 PM..

Old 03-09-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You are wrong. Scientists haven't figured out exactly how sexual orientation is determined.

You really don't see the difference between sexual orientation and "how we use our tools"? Sure, everyone chooses how and when to use their "tools", but it's very difficult to suppress an attraction to another human being. It usually just happens whether you want it to or not.
You say, "scientists haven't figured out exactly how sexual orientation is determined". And, I agree with you. But, my point isn't how it's determined, but "when" it's determined. And, while it may be difficult to suppress an attraction to another human being, at the end of the day, it's still up to the individual as to how they respond to that attraction, i.e. I might like chocolate, but I don't have to eat it. That's my choice. Or, you can look at this way, I may be attracted to my neighbor's wife, but I don't have to go after her. That too, would be my choice. But, your points are valid, and I thank you for sharing them with me. Good day.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
WOW, you must surely be a hot looking stud.
Why thank you. But, flattery will get you nowhere, my friend. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies