Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2012, 08:42 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You forgot that Fluzie Fluke put herself on public display, which opens her up to criticism. Did you forget that on purpose for partisan reasons? I believe we all know the answer to that questions.

Oh, and where was the "intentional misrepresentation" of Fluzie Fluke by Limbaugh? Do you even know what he said?
She opened her OPINION up for criticism....and floozie is how it's spelled ...try to get your insults at least spelled correctly...

Yes, I know what he said...he said it for THREE days....he lied and said she wanted someone else to pay for her BC.

Has he no SHAME?????????

Old 03-05-2012, 08:45 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
LOL...really you think my life has been turned upside down? Why do you care enough to come in here and tell me what I am supposed to care about? As a woman, I am offended by what he said, and I have been offended by other things he's said as well. He's a jerk and what I am trying to grasp (maybe you have a hold on this one) is why his followers have such a hard time understanding that it is not his place to call someone a **** and demand that she send him sex tapes because she feels that insurance should cover birth control. Why don't you ask them why they care so much that they blindly defend him and think that he can do no wrong?
The guy is a RADIO PERSONALITY. This is not some elected official laying the smackdown on someone. The fact people such as yourself are getting so worked up about what was said is hilarious. Perhaps his followers understand that he is an entertainer and don't take his every word as the gospel as it appears some people around here do.

Do yourself a favor and avoid going to any adult-oriented stand-up comedy shows as you might have suffer a brain aneurysm.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
I don't listen to Rush, so I never heard his comments. But, I do agree with him, why would anyone want to pay for Sandra Flukes contraceptives? I don't know what you would call a person that has such little respect for herself that she would tell the world that she sleeps around and is what we refer to as promiscuous. She not a prostitute , because I think she probably has sex for the enjoyment of the act, rather than to make money from engaging in the act. She really shouldn't be called a slu*, because that would make other 'saucy women' look bad. What do you call someone who thinks other people 'owe' her something? Guess I could come up with lots of names I couldn't use here. I don't think Rush should have apologized to this mindless woman, but I don't think it was Obama's place to call her on the phone and sympathize with her either. I hope Rush broadcasts a list of sponsors who dropped him, it would be interesting to see what they have to say about their dropped orders.
DUHHHHHHHH....you never heard his comments but you agree with him???? Talk about a Blind Follower!!!!! BRILLIANT!!!

She did NOT ask anyone else to pay for her BC...that is a lie...but don't let that minor point stop ya!

Old 03-05-2012, 08:53 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
The guy is a RADIO PERSONALITY. This is not some elected official laying the smackdown on someone. The fact people such as yourself are getting so worked up about what was said is hilarious. Perhaps his followers understand that he is an entertainer and don't take his every word as the gospel as it appears some people around here do.

Do yourself a favor and avoid going to any adult-oriented stand-up comedy shows as you might have suffer a brain aneurysm.

Attempt to brush it off however you feel the need. His followers hang on his every word and believe he's brilliant. If you don't see this in some of the posts here, well I can't say that I would be surprised since you are coming off as a little subjective. I thought it was low when Letterman attacked Palin's daughter and I think what Rush said was low too. I've been to plenty of adult-oriented stand-up comedy shows. I know the difference between a joke and a classless chauvinist pig, thank you very much. I will speak my opinion - just like Rush did on the radio. As Rush is learning their are consequences for unwarranted personal attacks, especially when it is based on gender. Rush is gross but he doesn't sleep in my bed so I will be okay, but again, who are you to tell me what I am supposed to feel?

Old 03-05-2012, 08:54 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Guess listening to Rush all those years skewed your morals? Lying isn't nice....and Fluke did NOT ask anyone else to pay for her BC and if you had DARED to listen to her words you would know. She wanted (for the millionth time) to get what SHE paid for with her health insurance premiums.

And no matter what she said you would think , in this CHRISTIAN nation which is under God and all that crap that decent god-loving people would find fault with the vulgar assault on a woman who just stated her opinion.
If she wanted to pay for her own birth control in the first place, why not just write a check, take delivery of the pills (or whatever) and be done with it. Why the need to go before Congress?

Old 03-05-2012, 08:56 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You mean the LEFT, in their constant war against speech they don't like. did the same to Beck, tried it with Hannity and now Rush.

Why can't the Left beat these guys with their brilliant ideas?
All those companies, that sponsored the Rush show and now dropped him, are on the LEFT?

Old 03-05-2012, 09:02 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
I really doubt that Limbaugh will be hurt by this advertising-wise. The only bad pub is no pub. In fact, it will probably boost his ratings which will in turn boost his ad rates. But who knows. Either way it's speculation.

The advertisers such as Pro-Flowers who pulled out also are getting huge benefits. They are getting mentions in news stories all over, which is worth mega bucks in itself. Some of these advertisers might be right back on board after a suitable 'mourning' period. Either way, Limbaugh is not going to be hurting for money anytime soon.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
If she wanted to pay for her own birth control in the first place, why not just write a check, take delivery of the pills (or whatever) and be done with it. Why the need to go before Congress?
Why don't you find the transcript of what she said and you'd FINALLY know the truth.

The Republicans in Congress called a meeting on BC and their panel of witnesses were all MEN.

So the Democrats said hey, this involves women...let's include them.

So they asked Fluke her opinion.

She wanst fairness. She does NOT want anyone to pay for her BC...and she NEVER said so.

She wants what she pays for with her insurance premiums which SHE pays...

Do you understand ? SHE pays her health insurance premiums and wants them to cover what she pays for.

SHE pays her health insurance premiums and wants them to cover what she pays for.

SHE pays her health insurance premiums and wants them to cover what she pays for.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:05 PM

7,930 posts, read 9,154,161 times
Did she read the policy before paying the premiums? You would think a law student would read what was and was not covered in her plan. If it did not cover contraceptives, she could have shopped for a plan that did cover them, or purchased them from planned parenthood or any drug store.

You would also think there should be more encouragement of the use of condoms instead of birth control pills in a college setting due to increased chance of having multiple partners during your stay at school. At least condoms prevent STDs and are cheap to purchase.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:11 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
According to the right wing , the more you criticize Rush, the more popular he gets.

He's like the blog, the more you throw at him, the bigger he gets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies