Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2012, 03:07 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,255,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
All she needs is a prescription and $9/month, right?

Surely, as a law student paying around $65K a year in tuition, she can afford that, right?
1. It does cost money to see a doctor - even PP charges. The closest one to me charges $60 (no sliding scale at that office). A good deal, to be sure, but hardly free.

2. Not everyone can take the $9/month pill. My current prescription is $30 generic. When I was insured and could afford to take the best prescription for me, it was a $40 copay, $75 cash price.

3. Most college students are at least partially, if not completely, funded by loans and grants.

4. Though the current kerfuffle is about BCP and Rush's ignorance thereof, I have a feeling you and those who like your "arguments" would be horrified if you couldn't get blood transfusions because your employer was a Jehovah's Witness and didn't believe in them. And that is where this "freedom of religion" (for the employers, not the employees) could lead with just a few more stupid senators to vote for it.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:09 PM

409 posts, read 253,557 times
All I see is advertisers bowing to pressure from liberals that are anti- 1st Amendment. But soon enough those advertisers are going to be replaced. They are losing out on tens of millions potential customers. There are no liberal talk show hosts with more than 25million listeners.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:19 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,610,099 times
A radio station in Hawaii just dropped limbaugh's show...

"...he crossed the line of decency."

Old 03-05-2012, 03:24 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,165,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
All I see is advertisers bowing to pressure from liberals that are anti- 1st Amendment. But soon enough those advertisers are going to be replaced. They are losing out on tens of millions potential customers. There are no liberal talk show hosts with more than 25million listeners.
I think that is the liberals MO, if you don't like what the opposition says, don't debate them, silence them!

Old 03-05-2012, 03:24 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,218,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
...and a bunch of morons tune into him every day regardless. It's sort of sad. No wonder there's no real conservative party in this country. We have mostly a bunch of bible thumping whiners.
There are plenty of conservatives, but they are not "bible thumping whiners". You liberals just can't see the real conservatives,...you have your collective heads too far up the butt of the America-hating, egotistical, narcissistic, empty-suit in the White House.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:25 PM

37,083 posts, read 42,050,241 times
Or MAYBE these adversiters have women in their lives and don't approve of his language and attitude? Radical thought I know.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:26 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,803,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I know you believe all conservative women are toothless hicks, that needs them a man or the government to get by. But many of us are educated, successful and fiscally responsible.

This is not about equality, although the leftwing media wants to make it out as that. It's about religious rights, the Constitution, and a woman that can't take responsibility for her own actions. She chose to go that school, knowing her birth control wouldn't be covered. Now she wants that to change. Kind of like the morons that buy a house under the airport flight path, then petition to have the airport moved.
Wanna know why many people who are not conservative think that? Look at those YouTube vids of those idiots shot during the '08 campaign in Strongsville, Ohio for an example. There's your answer.

Now... answer this: are female birth control pills taken in the same manner as Viagara is for men?

Old 03-05-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
A radio station in Hawaii just dropped limbaugh's show...

"...he crossed the line of decency."
Good. Of course, the screechmonkeys will claim that Obama's behind it because it was a Hawaiian station that fired Rush first. And I hope they go there. That would be the most blatant display of RW stupidity EVER.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:29 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,496,416 times
And this is the proper response. You let him and others like him know your displeasure with the pocketbook, not by demanding his firing or censorship, you let the market decide.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
And this is the proper response. You let him and others like him know your displeasure with the pocketbook, not by demanding his firing or censorship, you let the market decide.
I agree. And just think of the irony - the 'free market' which Rush and his ilk love so much is giving him a drubbing as we speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies