Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2012, 07:14 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
When one is outraged enough the mind goes to extreme places. Most of us can admit that. When someone cuts me off in traffic I may call them something awful, so my mind went - there. It doesn't expose me for being a pervert if I said something in anger. I would still defend it because that person did something wrong. Limbaugh is very passionate about his politics and he went there, it isn't a crazy stretch.
Limbaugh is an experienced entertainer. His "anger" was pure show-biz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Rush attacked HER, NOT HER OPINION....he attacked her in the most DESPERATE and vile of terms, the terms used by desperate scared tiny little Really Stupid men.

HE did NOT engage in any debate. HE tried to silence HER with a vicious assault.

She NEVER lied and you have NO proof that she did.
Wish I could rep you for this!

Old 03-07-2012, 08:04 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,566,236 times
For openers, advertisers NEVER choose the radio stations on which their ads air.

That certainly applies to major advertisers such as P&G and GM, whom Rush has personally banned from airing ads on his show, as Radio-Info.com: Radio's Online Community columnist Tom Taylor reported in his industry newsletter this week.

Nevertheless, there are some mom & pop radio small business owners who won't advertise on certain radio shows, even if they wind up taking a financial bath because the station on which they're placing their ads has a miniscule number of listeners compared to the powerhouse stations which carry Rush, Don Imus, Steve harvey and other syndicated personalities.

Advertising agencies are given a demo to buy based on age, income and other specifics as directed by their clients/advertisers, and then they place those ads on the stations to which those listeners in that targeted demo listen.

The chances of any station which carries Rush Limbaugh flipping to Mexican programming within a week are about equal to the chances of Al Sharpton becoming the next governor of IDAHO!!!!!

Flipping a radio station to another format takes extensive and very time-consuming research, and is never a snap decision; the industry simply doesn't work that way.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:42 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,145,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Limbaugh is an experienced entertainer. His "anger" was pure show-biz.

Wish I could rep you for this!
Hey, Kat, you sound like what that misogynist pig Limabaugh refers to as an "over-educated woman"....

Imagine? Referring to a woman as "over-educated"....talk about trying to keep women down and shut them up.....too bad it won't work!

And one thing is for sure....he wasn't talking about Repug women...

Old 03-07-2012, 09:15 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,105,856 times
Default 7th advertiser pulls out of Limbaugh's show-the people have spoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Maybe you would like to ask Glen Beck about how "Fazed" an episode like this can be for your business. Personally, if you advertize on Rush's show, I will not buy anything from your company and I make it my business to ask others to not to also. Rush is just a good example of why the USA is going down the drain. His show appeals to the lowest of the low. Racists, ignoramuses, red necks, small minded haters of all stripes and other assorted low lifes. The simple fact that a guy like this actually has a voice in the national politics of the country paints a very dark picture for the future of the USA.
Just in case you didn't know, Limbaugh is so well off financially that I doubt he is very worried about which advertisers leave. He has more listeners than any left wing talk show host has ever had. He sure is not worried about a nobody, blowhard, buying from his advertisers either.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:53 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,171,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Liberals didn`t work to shut anyone down.It`s the way free markets work.Calling millions of potential customers sluts and prostitutes is never a good idea.
That's all that liberals do, they want to shut people down, no debate no discourse because liberals hate it when people disagree with them. They don't want to debate the issues they want to tear a man down.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:59 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,171,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Romney or Santorum will beat Barack Hussein Obama (your master).
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
LOL! In a right wing fantasy land. There is no way in hell either of those goons is going to beat Obama
I'm not a liberal but even I believe that neither of those two idiot front runners will beat obama.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:15 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,659,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
That's all that liberals do, they want to shut people down, no debate no discourse because liberals hate it when people disagree with them. They don't want to debate the issues they want to tear a man down.
When you're a major spokesperson for a whole political movement, your comments are going to be open to scrutiny and rightly so. Whether republican or democrat you can't escape the fact that he has alienated women of all sides of the American political spectrum. In this case he reverted to the mindless male stereotyping that weak men rely on when they run out of logical arguements. When you are referring to women as "Overly educated, sluts and prostitutes" in the same breath you tend to lose all credibility with all women and most men. It does seem that many are recognizing him for what he is and has always been; an over inflated gas-bag with a big mouth. "Overly educated sluts"..............Really?

Last edited by mohawkx; 03-07-2012 at 10:25 PM..

Old 03-07-2012, 10:15 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,276,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Just in case you didn't know, Limbaugh is so well off financially that I doubt he is very worried about which advertisers leave. He has more listeners than any left wing talk show host has ever had. He sure is not worried about a nobody, blowhard, buying from his advertisers either.
What does this post even mean?
As has been shown numerous times, conservatives listen to radio, liberals tend to read their news.
Maybe because they can.

If Rush is so rich, he might just want to just walk away and enjoy his cash.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:28 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What does this post even mean?
As has been shown numerous times, conservatives listen to radio, liberals tend to read their news.
Maybe because they can.

If Rush is so rich, he might just want to just walk away and enjoy his cash.
Lots of free time is a trigger for many drug addicts.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:16 PM

592 posts, read 414,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why do you?

You obviously do NOT care what a talk show host says about women.....

No, I'm correct, people who support what Rush said WILL obviously be sending videos of their Mothers, daughters, sisters having sex because they see NOTHING wrong with what Rush said or how he lied about, and slandered, a private citizen in the most vile terms FOR THREE DAYS .....
Slandered? I don't think so. This women was there representing the reproductive rights of women. That's what Rush saw. The health argument was just disingenuous - one student needs contraceptives for a medical condition and the school needs to change their policy. It's now a health issue and a woman's right. What nonsense. No respect for the school's faith based policy against promoting sex.

The only reason Fluke was called is because her group sees reproduction as being a woman's choice. Just like abortion. So it follows that a woman's right to have sex without getting pregnant should be protected by law. Which means, in the end, everyone has to pay for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies